Status: going for it<3

Assurance

Hazel

Image

It was the next day after I had spent the afternoon with Oliver and my Granny's house. We talked for about an hour before he had to leave. I must say, he intrigued me so much. The random things he said, even more so the way he said things made me question the way I thought. I could tell he was cautious of the things he said me at first, but a few minutes into the conversation he was starting to break down his walls. I was starting to figure out the puzzle that was Oliver Sykes, each piece carefully constructed by himself. He asked me to meet him down by the lake today, to my happiness. I don't know where Oli and I were going in terms of our friendship, but I'm most thankful for it.

"Can I trust you?" I asked. We were sitting by the dock of the town lake, talking as always.

"That's something you have to ask yourself." he said looking at me seriously. I can't tell you to trust me." His answer took me off guard and he could tell. We sat there on the dock gazing at each other before I spoke.

"I want to get out of here. I need to get out of here."

"Sheffield?"

"Yeah. Not that this isn't a great city, but I hate waking up everyday wondering if there's more. I need to make myself somewhere."

"What do you mean make yourself?"

"I'm not sure if the person I'm becoming is who I want to be. I want to find who I truly want to become and I can't do it here."

"The person you are is fine to me, why can't you do that here?"

"We all welcome change Oliver. Even if we don't necessarily need it, we welcome it in our lives never the less." There was a silent moment, before I pressed on. "I'm supposed to start university here next fall. I don't know if I can do it."

"You can do it, it's a matter of will you let yourself do it."

"I want to go somewhere else, maybe America like my cousin Charlotte. I just need to get away." I whispered, bringing my knees up to my chest. I looked over at him saw he had an emotionless expression on his face. Almost as if he were fighting away something in his mind.

"I'm in a band." he said finally. It was kinda shocking to me, with the way he said it. He said it proudly, which made me wonder why he never brought it up before. It also made me happy that he would tell me about his life like this.

"We're nothing major, it started off as a fun thing to do at first. I wont tell the rest of the guys, at least not yet, but I see it as a way to launch myself." I smiled at him, trying to ease his apprehensiveness. It was the first time Oliver really talked about his life to me, and I will admit I was more than intrigued. "I want to make something of my life. I don't want to leave Sheffield, at least not for good. I do want to travel though, really do something great." he finished, slightly avoiding my gaze and looking out of the lake.

"I believe you can do it."

"You're one of the few." he scoffed.

"Come on now, you're not that bad." I laughed.

"And what's that's supposed to mean?" he said snapping out of his awkward trance and gracing a smile once again.

"I mean, I guess we have to find faith in ourselves before we expect someone else to believe in us." I said quietly looking down. I couldn't bare to hold his eyes for too long, the way he studied me made me nervous. I was surprised when he nudged my chin towards his face and smiled.

"You should really learn to take your own advice, love."

===============================================================

"Where are you? I've been sitting outside your house for five minutes?" huffed Charlotte into the phone, she had never been the patient one.

"I'm around the bend, twenty seconds." I was kind of jumpy and on edge since I had left Oliver, and I really did need Charlotte right now. I pulled up to my house and was soon enveloped by the warmness of hot chocolate in my living room.

"So tell me everything." she said excitedly.

"His name is Oliver, Oliver Sykes." I whispered, sipping the warm liquid.

"Names mean nothing, tell me about him." she pressed and I laughed.

"It's weird, I don't know much about him, but at the same time I feel like I know everything about him."

"Does he have a girlfriend?"

"I don't really know, I wouldn't doubt it though. He's amazing."

"Amazing eh?"

"Truly, there was this moment today when he just looked at me and I for a second, for a second, I felt...well I felt like he really cared for me. His eyes, they're like nothing you'll ever see again." I said quietly, mostly to myself.

"Sounds like you're falling for this Oliver." smirked Charlotte. It seemed like it was easier to admit things to Charlotte, before I could even admit them to myself.

"I hope not. I hardly anything about him, that's what scares me."

"I don't understand."

"It's like I can sit here for hours trying to figure him out. But he can take one look at me and know exactly what I'm all about." Charlotte smiled widely at me now.

"Oh yes, you're definitely falling for this boy."

"It's been three days, I can't be. But I'll admit he's shaken me up a bit."

"Well obviously you've shaken him up a bit too. He wanted to meet you today right? Seems like he's initiating all this." She was right in a way, I never once asked to spend time with Oliver, he always 'asked' me. Not that I didn't enjoy it, but it was all his doing.

"I don't know. He's unlike any guy I've ever been with, so edgy. I found out he's in a band." I said slightly flustered, I was thinking was to hard on this.

"What kind of band?" Charlotte questioned.

"I can only imagine, I was just so happy he told me something about his life that I didn't want to ruin it."

"Well, that tiny detail shows you a lot. He has dedication towards something, he appreciates the arts and he wants to go somewhere." She evaluated.

"I don't even know why I'm getting so wrapped up in this. When school starts again, I'm going to be wrapped up in so much."

"You'll handle it all. Just enjoy the time you got with the boy. It's better than being dragged off to winery's with old women."

"I felt for you, how was it?"

"Dreadful, all they did was prattle on about the Christmas party." Christmas was only about ten days away and grandmother always had a grande Christmas Eve party. I swear she started planning Christmas Day for next year's party.

"Mum hasn't shut up about it either. It's supposed to be huge this year with the merging of the families and all."

"It is, I might even invite a friend for company through the night." she sighed.

"You'll have me."

"But you'll be too occupied with Oliver since he's sure to be there." she said and I smiled at the thought of Oliver in a tuxedo again.

"When are you going back to the States?"

"Right after New Years, I'm looking into some two bedroom places."

"Why?"

"I'm anticipating a roommate soon."
♠ ♠ ♠
I soooooo know where this is going now.
so im super stoked.
sorry it's kinda short, the next part would have made it too long.
for charlotte and kristiny, cause they force me to write.
and yes, i so name dropped We All Welcome Change because it's pretty much the best thing I've ever read.
so read it.
please comment, i really need it. and i need some personalities for some characters.
next one should be soon
:]