Status: going for it<3

Assurance

Forever

"You have no idea 'ow embarrassing this is." said Oliver, ducking his head down and I laughed. Oliver had offered to be my tag along for the day, while a ran all of my errands. One of which was finding a dress in Forever 21 for the Christmas party, in three days, to his dismay.

"It's not so bad, won't be here long.There's plenty of guys in here, they even have a small men's section over there." I said and he scoffed.

"For gay men." he mumbled. "Why can't you just wear the dress you wore to the wedding? That one fit you great." I looked away from him before a slight blush appeared on my face.

"I may not be a dressy girl, but you can't wear the same dress 'round the same people twice." I said scanning the racks. The store was a mess, with it being so close to Christmas and all.

"How about this ?" he asked and I cringed. It was some hot pink number that was literally twelve inches of fabric.

"I'd laugh if I didn't think you were serious."

"More serious than you think, love." he said laughing and throwing the hideous garment back on the rack.

"How about this?" I said holding up a black sleeveless one, kinda liked the simplicity in it.

"That's proper shit, that is." he said straightly, not even giving it a second look and digging through the racks. This is nice to me." he said happily, showing off a flowery sun dress.

"It's alright, but yeh can't wear a floral to this kind of thing." I said, and he just dropped the dress back on the rack. As he went through more racks, I took in his appearance. He was wearing his usual skin tight jeans and an Iron Maiden t-shirt underneath his black hoodie. His hair was in it's slightly wavy form and I laughed to myself. Even though he looked damn near homeless, he still looked as handsome as ever. Definitely showing me up in my oversized cardigan with tights.

"I found it, this is the one." He held up the dress and I was a little taken back. It was perfect, so elegant yet edgy at the same time. It was just so me.

"You're right Oliver, it's perfect." I said and he grinned widely.

"Now let's get out of here, I'm starving." he said giving me the dress. I nodded and we went to stand in the long line to pay.

"How about I rip the tag off and you just run out of the store. I'll meet you at the car." I huffed.

"No worries, we're almost to the front." he laughed. I really wasn't the most patient person, so I started to nibble on my index finger while we waited. I nearly yelped out in surprise as I felt something running across my back. "Relax Kristiny, it's a game! Turn back around." he said while laughing and I turned cautiously. "Now I'm going to spell out something, and you guess what it is." He didn't wait for my reply, but started making out a letter on my back. I could make out the beginning of a P, then and A, then an T. I felt myself calm as he continued with an I, then and E, an N. By now I realized the word was 'patience' and I started to laugh.

"Only you Oliver." and said shaking my head as he smiled down at me. I never saw myself as short until I spent enough time with him, and it was finally my turn to pay.

"Thanks for shopping at Forever 21, did you find everything alright today?" said the cashier, while ringing up the dress and I cringed just looking at her. Her black v-neck hung low and her cleavage protruded out from it. The make up was caked thickly on her pale face and her eyes were outlined strongly with eyeliner. I smirked at the sight of her necklace that read 'rockstar'. By the looks of her it seemed like the only stage she belonged on involved a pole and a few dollar bills. One thing I didn't notice at first was that while I stood there evaluating her, she was evaluating me up and down. I scanned my brain wondering if I knew her from school or somewhere before she spoke.

"Oliver?" she said in a slightly squeaky voice. I turned around quickly to where Oliver was standing behind me, and his head snapped forward at the sound of his name. He looked at the girl and his expression dropped.

"Uh, hey." he said awkwardly, starting to rock on his heels while stuffing his hands in his pocket.

"Hey there yourself. Thought I'd never see you again, don't know how to pick up a phone?" she girl snapped, and also turning red. My breath hitched at her tone as I stood there out of place.

"I didn't know what to say." said Oliver simply. "Now could you please ring up my friend's dress. We're kind of in a hurry." I think both the girl and I were bother in slight shock, but she did what she was told and rung my dress up quickly. Before I knew it Oliver was ushering me out of the store. "That was just-" Oliver started but I cut him off, handing him my bag.

"I'll be right back, I need to use the bathroom." I said, not even waiting for a reply before walking away. I didn't even bother to lift the lid when I got in the stall. I just sat on the stool and ran my hand through my hair.

I wasn't stupid.

I could put pieces together.

And the thought of Oliver with that girl made the puzzle fall apart.

I take a few steps forward, thinking I was finally getting to know Oliver and then it all goes down the drain.

I put the frustrations out of my head and washed my hands for good measure. I exited the bathroom and immediately smiled. Oliver was standing across from the bathrooms looking around him. Then, with his back turned towards me, he took the dress out of the bag and studied it. I leaned against the wall, just standing there, watching him examine the dress. He quickly put it back in the bag and turned his attention to the store window in front of him. Whatever it was it intrigued him very much, he looked like a kid on a candy shop, gazing at it intensely. It was then I realized I didn't care about what Oliver was all about, the person he was around me was all that mattered. He soon turned around and smiled widely at me.

"Ay there! Come on, I'm beyond starving now!"

=================================================

"Just open the door quietly, she won't notice you trying to come in at ten at night." I whispered to myself before opening the door slowly, with caution. I had left the mall with Oliver hours ago, but I had went back without him for some last minute shopping. I had a great time with him as always, neither of us even bothered to bring up what happened in Forever 21.

"I hope you didn't think I wouldn't notice you coming in." said my mother, her voice ringing from the kitchen. "Come in here." I walked in and she was making tea in her pajamas. I sat my bags down and started myself a cup. "Where have you been all this time?"

"Just doing some shopping." I said nonchalantly.

"That's good, but I have a bit of news for you." she said excitedly.

"What is it?" I groaned. If she was excited, that means I wouldn't be after she told me.

"Well, I was talking to your Aunt Georgia and she was telling me how Matilda was bring her fellow to the party. So, I went ahead called Miranda from the club up, and her son's going to be your date for the night." she said happily.

It's moments like this that make me realize that my mother know absolutely nothing about me.

I mean nothing.

"Why would you do that?" I said, slightly raising my voice.

"Well, I called you before doing it and you didn't answer!"

"You should have waited for me! I don't even know this guy." I said getting up.

"I've seen him, he's a good looking fellow. Kind of reminds me of a Milo Kensigton!" she defended as I exited the kitchen. I went to my room and sat on my window ledge.

I really didn't understand her sometimes. It seems like my happiness means nothing to her most of the time, it's all just a matter of how much praise she can get from everyone else. I would rather her stay out of my personal affairs then meddle. I mean I was really looking forward to the party, the one party I hated every year. Even if it didn't see rational, I was looking forward to being dressed up and alone with him. Nearly the same circumstances that we had met under.And Oliver, oh Oliver. I could only imagine what he would think about all of this.

I don't think I want to know.
♠ ♠ ♠
this is short, but like the last one,
i had to but if off somewhere.
i do have this written, so if you them posted tell me.
i mean, 41 readers, TWO comments.
yeah, be ashamed.
i've also been hit with a roadblock. i have no clue how to type the accents. i tried. i think i failed. when i write it, i imagine it in may head, but i have no clue how to translate it.
: /
i dont even know if they have forever 21 overseas.
i find this endearing.
Image