You Belong With Me

Why Can't You See?

My name’s Samantha Rae. I refuse to use my last name but that’s another story.

I’m your typical girl, just trying to pass high school. My best friend’s are Alex, Jack, Rian, and Zack. Trust me, if you met them, you’d run away screaming. Only because Jack would most likely be naked when you met him.


“Sam?” Alex said standing over her desk. She quickly flipped her dark blue notebook closed and looked up at him.

“What were you writing?” He asked, sliding in to the desk next to her.
“Lyrics.”
“Can I see?” Alex said seeming interested now.
“No.”
“Come on Spam!” He said reaching over for the notebook, but she grabbed it and clutched it to her chest.

“Fine,” he pouted.
“Maybe some day you can see them,” She said and his eyes lit up.

Sam’s eyes wandered to the doorway leading in to the classroom. In walked Zachary Steven Merrick, possibly the most amazing guy to walk the face of the earth. Or at least in Sam’s eyes he was.

She bit her lip as he walked by and Alex took notice.

“Sam!” He said waving his hand in front of her.
“What?” She snapped at him.
“You were doing it again,” he mumbled, sounding hurt.
“Sorry.”

---

“I just don’t see why you won’t go over there with me!” Alex said leaning up against Sam’s kitchen counter.

“Because Alex,” She sighed grabbing the latest issue of Seventeen Magazine off the table, “It’s complicated.

“Please Sammy Bear!?” Jack cooed.
“No Jack Attack,” She said and sat down, flipping through the pages.
“Fuck Zack!” Alex said throwing his hands up in the air.

Sam’s eyes met his and told him to shut the fuck up.

“You know that’s why you won’t go!” Alex whined.
“No, I have other things to do,” Sam said directing her attention back to the magazine.

“Right,” Alex snorted and grabbed his keys off her counter, “See you later.”

“Uh bye?” Jack said quickly following Alex out of the house.

Sam just sighed and took in a breath. Alex was right.

She sat on the couch and decided on cartoons for a little while. With sleep in her eyes, she picked up her phone and scrolled through her messages.

Zackk! :]

No practice tonight?

She slid open her phone and replied back No.

Aw. I was hoping youd b here
yeah me too. :/
alex piss ya off?
no. things are just confusing.
Sorry?
Not your fault.
See ya at school then?
Sure.


She sent the last text and felt her heart drop. She took in a deep breath and marched up stairs, tearing apart her closet for something to wear. She made another mad dash downstairs, grabbing her keys off the car hook and running outside.

With her luck, it would be raining.

She hit the gas and sped off to Jack’s where the current band practice was going on. She knew they wouldn’t answer the door so she let herself in.

“Sam?” Rian said surprised. Jack and Alex stopped arguing momentarily. A slight smile was spreading on Alex’s face.

“Hey uhm, how about we go upstairs?” Alex said out loud to Jack and Rian. They both nodded in agreement and followed him upstairs.

“What are you doing here?” Zack asked not really caring what her reason was.
“Well your best friends just ditched your band practice,” Sam shrugged.

She stood in front of him, tugging at the bottom of her half wet hoodie. He slipped his bass off his shoulders and set it down.

“I thought you weren’t coming.” He took a step towards her.
“I wasn’t.” She took a step towards him, but then quickly backed away.

“They won’t know,” he said quietly.
“They already do.”

His eyes went wide, but softened quickly, “So what’s stopping us now?”

“Nothing?” She said hoping that was the right answer.
“Exactly,” He said taking a final step towards her and pulling her close enough that their lips could touch.
♠ ♠ ♠
i needed some cuteness in my life again.
and yeah, this was written last night
at like 11:30.
so excuse the cheesyness too.