Glades and Playgrounds

Chapter XIII;

As the days passed unnoticeably, the weather changed drastically. The once warm and comforting sun seemed to have lost its strength to shine and instead, its warmth was replaced by a freezing cold, never-ending wind. School was taking up all my time; homework, assignments, call it what you want, it was still steeling my precious time.

But right now, I didn’t care about that.

Because I was in bed with my boyfriend.

My hands crept up under Gerard’s shirt as our tongues flashed furiously where we lay in my bed, me on top of him, so close together it almost hurt. I felt his leg snake around my thigh, pressing us together even harder and I moaned softly and smiled as his leg pried my own legs apart, almost making me straddle him.

That was how we got through a crappy day in school; we knew we’d spend time together afterwards.

Gerard’s tongue worked even faster against my own. My lips were getting numb from the constant pressure they had received for almost half an hour and I was heavily panting by now, but then again; so was he.

He pushed my shirt up so it was placed right under my armpits, obviously wanting me to take it off, so I broke away from our kiss. Smiling and panting, he watched me with eager eyes as I took off the shirt; his eyes took in the view of my chest before he put an arm on my back, pressing me down into another kiss.

“I have to go” he panted through the small vacancies that were created as we had to breathe between the kisses. I sighed without pulling away and let my hands play with the hem of his jeans. “Frankie…”

He had finally understood that I wanted to be called by my nickname, but it sure had taken him a few weeks before he did so.

I slowly unbuttoned the button of his jeans and then ended the kiss with a grin. Gerard smiled too and arched his back up almost unnoticeably before he forced his face into a frown to make me stop. The frown quickly turned into a smile again as I giggled. I got up from my lying position and instead sat over his waist, straddling him with one leg at each side of his hips and then took a hold of the collar of his shirt. He got the message and slowly rose from his position as well, and sat up, me ending up sitting in his lap.

“You know I have to go”

I glanced over at my bedside table and as I saw what time it was, I furrowed my eyes. He noticed and he as well looked at the clock, only to make his face turn into a wide smirk.

“Sorry, I though it was 8. Now, where were we?”

“No, no, no” I said, waving my finger, deciding that I wanted revenge, and he frowned, “You said you were gonna help me study!”

“I did” he admitted, “And I was on my way too when you attacked me earlier”

“I didn’t hear you complaining… Can you help me or not?”

“In ten minutes?” he asked, already leaning backwards against the bed, his chest still heaving and sinking a bit faster than normal. His hair was a complete mess; on the left side it looked like a small tornado had went amok, on the other side like someone had hit him with a frying pan and in the back it was a mixture of the sides; and I guess my hands had had a great part in his momentary hairstyle.

“No.” I smiled at the sight of his messy self. “Now”

I took the lack of responds as a childish behaviour from him instead of a ‘no’ and, quite reluctantly, I got up on my knees in bed and crawled up, putting my feet on the floor. It wasn’t like I didn’t wanna stay in bed with him, hell, there was no way I’d choose homework in front of him. No, but I was forced to do it since I had a history test in the morning… And thanks to Gerard, I hadn’t studied what-so-ever.

I pulled up my school bag by its strap, heaving it up to my stomach and put up my leg to rest the bag against my thigh as I pulled out my history book. Gerard hadn’t moved since I had left the bed; he was still lying on his back and his hands gently clutching the pillow behind his head.

I smiled at him as I walked back to the bed and he returned it. This was how I wanted to spend my time; hanging out with Gerard, and even though he was acting cute right now, I preferred him when he was a bit more… mature.

“Stop sulking; it won’t help”

He grimaced at me but sat up, flinging his legs over the edge of the bed and sat next to me.

“Fine. Start studying then…” he responded, putting a hand on my shoulder and suddenly pressed me backwards, making my back hit the bed. He wasn’t slow to follow. He placed himself next to me with one arm over my chest to keep me down; I struggled, weakly though, but he just added more pressure against my chest.

“You want me to lie down and study?”

He laughed and nodded with his lips in a wide smile, showing off his small teeth and he craned his neck, kissing me on the cheek.

“Start studying now, my little geek…”

I wrinkled my nose at the nickname, making him laugh again, and then I took the book that had landed on my stomach as he had pulled me down, and placed it on my chest so I could read. It didn’t take long until I had his lips on my neck. Inwardly, I was smiling like a mad man, but my face said the opposite, my eyebrow raised.

“Gerard…”

He pulled away and bent his head down with his chin to his chest and looked up at me with his lips sucked in – kinda like how a three year old does when they’re trying to get a cookie before dinner. I laughed softly without separating my lips and instead allowing the air to go out my nose.

“You’re cute” I smiled.

“Yuh’re cyter” he said in a French accent and pulled up his hand, placed it on my cheek and turned my head slightly to face his. His lips were soon in contact with mine, the slightly chapped, but yet so soft and warm flesh pressing against my own. I giggled girlishly, separating my lips as I did so, almost making him kiss my teeth, and he giggled back. I mumbled something about studying, but I don’t think I even managed to put together a correct sentence since his tongue had sneakily found its way into my mouth.

“I’ll blame you for my falling grades” I said, my lips twisted into a smirk as I pulled away and he licked his lips, obviously satisfied with the kiss he had stolen.

“Be my guest”

I sighed, rolling my eyes and returned to the history book. Gerard finally gave up his antics and instead leaned his head on my shoulder, reading with me.

*

“I read this last year” he said after five minutes of complete silence and I sighed heavily, allowing my head to fall to the side to rest against his.

“No shit, Sherlock”

The room fell silent again, but this time, it only took three minutes before it was broken.

“What’s that?” he asked, pointing at a random word in the book with his index finger. At first I though he just wanted to distract me, but realized that it was a hard word.

“I don’t know” I told him, “I think it’s Latin”

His face dropped into a blank expression and he went silent, just looking at me for a second before declaring, “I thought it was a bug”

Note to self; never study when Gerard’s around.

-

“Aargh…” Gerard sighed, expressing how bored he was for about the fifth time in, let’s say, twenty seconds and I flicked the hair out of my face in annoyance and desperately tried to remember the sentences I was reading. “Aren’t you done yet?”

As I didn’t answer, he let out yet another sigh.

“Sorry, I’ll stop bothering you…”

It went five minutes before he opened his mouth again.

“Can I ask you something?” he asked. We were in the exact same positions as before; both of us lying down in my bed and him with his head on my shoulder.

“Mhm?” I said absentmindedly and flipped the page in the old school book. God, how I hated to study… especially when there was so much I could do instead of it, like spending time with Gerard. I had seriously thought about going up extra early the next morning to study instead of now, but knew that, at 6am, studying history isn’t something my brain’ll appreciate.

“Are you doing anything special this weekend?”

I smiled and turned my head to look at him, silently wondering why this question couldn’t wait until tomorrow since I was busy right now, but I guess that just showed how bored he was.

“Not that I can think of… I might have to study since you’re proving it to be impossible…”

He ignored the last part of my answer; “So… I was thinking that maybe we could hit the town? You, me and the guys, or maybe just you and me”

“That could be fun,” I responded, and turned my head away from him, returning to the book, “I don’t have anything against your friends, but can’t we go alone?”

“Sure.” His arm placed itself lazily over my chest, and he gave me a kiss on the cheek before declaring that he should get going; “I’m just in the way of your studying anyway”

“You certainly are” I agreed with a smile, letting my fingers run along his arm as he got up from the bed, “Am I being terribly rude if I don’t walk you to the door?”

“No” he laughed and placed himself in front of me, bending over slightly and placed his hands on my thighs, “I’ll see you tomorrow”

*

Surprisingly enough, the history test went great. Note to self; always study when Gerard’s around.