Glades and Playgrounds

Chapter XX;

“Woops” I giggled, realizing too late that I had to be quiet. Gerard slapped my arse from behind me for doing so, which only resulted in more laughter coming out. Giggling himself, he pushed me out of the room and quietly closed the door before attacking me. Soon, our arms were tightly wrapped around each other, his hands up my hair and mine around his waist. Our tongues were eagerly wrestling with each other, and the kiss proceeded outside of our mouths as soon as one of us pulled away slightly, our tongues flashing for anyone to see.

A few days ago, I had realized how hilariously fun it was to tease Gerard when it came to sexual stuff. He pretty much hated it, and in the end he’d always try to rape me, or take out his frustration in other ways, like giving me really fast and hard hand jobs... So when my hand had found his jeans button and was, as slowly as possible, trying to button it up, I could feel him get irritated just by the way he got rougher with his tongue. We both knew, even with the alcohol in our systems, we wouldn’t do anything like that in public. And this was pretty much in public, standing in a crowded corridor. Or maybe it doesn’t count as ‘crowded’ when the crowd has passed out?

The air was getting even thicker. It felt like the inside of my throat was getting swollen, like when you’re clenching your muscles in it, it made me feel nauseous and tired. It had also started to throb lightly in my forehead, and my eyes seemed to have a problem with focusing.

“Something wrong?”

Gerard’s voice seemed somewhat distant, and just as I was about to wonder why, I felt the spew rising in my throat. My hand instantly shot up to cover my mouth to prevent myself from throwing up on Gerard.

I didn’t even have to think or do anything, Gerard simply helped me out of the front door before I had even reacted and a second later I was throwing my guts up in some dead flowerbed. Gerard was, for some reason, laughing his ass off.

“Shut up…” I moaned when I found it alright to talk, and he stopped abruptly. Though I could still hear him giggle quietly. “Gerard!”

“You’re right, I’m sorry…” he said in a surprisingly serious voice, but a second later he exploded in laughter, “Sorry!”

“Fuck you” I muttered and bent over once again as I felt my stomach press up more bile. Still giggling lightly, Gerard took a step forward, got down on his knees next to me and kissed my cheek. That kinda explains how drunk he was, doesn’t it?

“We should go home” he said, and I could tell by the way his voice sounded so determined that I had nothing to say about it. Not that I would’ve protested anyway, I felt… kinda nauseous.

-

“Shh!” Gerard said and sloppily put his hand over my mouth, but I slapped it away to continue my laughing. “You’ll wake up your mother, you idiot!”

“So?” I laughed. I managed to get a smile out of him for a second and together we walked up to the front door of my house. He was practically holding up the two of us; he has sobered up remarkably. And I hadn’t.

“Come on, up Frankie…” he whispered as my legs suddenly collapsed under me. I started laughing at the sudden change of view; I could now only see his crotch while he was desperately trying to make me stand up again. “Cmon babe…”

“Babe” I laughed and nearly collapsed again. Gerard was fiddling with the lock, trying to make the key he had found in my pocket fit into the keyhole. Maybe I should’ve told him that the key was actually to a ‘secret box’, containing secret stuff that I had found important when I was seven, that I had in my room… It would’ve saved him some time, but I was too busy laughing at the nickname. “Like the pig…!”

“Yeah, you’re a pig” he muttered and as I laughed, I accidentally made a sound that would be suitable for a pig, and it only made me laugh even more. “Frankie, shut the fuck up!”

He had finally realized that it was the other key on the key ring and pressed it into the keyhole, but didn’t open the door.

“Promise you’ll be quiet when I open the door, okay?”

“Promise” I said, surprised over how serious I sounded. So did he.

“I’m serious. Be quiet… Pretend that you’re… you’re a mouse!”

Now, I might’ve been drunk, but I wasn’t that drunk.

“Yeah, yeah, yeah… I’ll be quiet.”

I wasn’t sure why I was supposed to be quiet, I mean, I lived here, it wasn’t like we were breaking in or anything and mom knew that we’d be home around this time. What time was it by the way?

Gerard carefully opened the door, wincing when it screeched, and then walked in with me right behind him. I kept my promise; I kept my mouth shut and didn’t say anything at all, but then all of a sudden the picture of me trying to be a mouse took over my brain and I started giggling uncontrollably.

“Shh, you’ll wake up your mom!” he hissed at me, and all of a sudden, the hallway was bathing in light.

“Too late, Gerard”

“Oh, great Frankie, just great…” Gerard murmured as a tired-looking Linda Iero stood in the doorway to the kitchen in her morning robe, shivering in the frosty wind that had slipped in when we opened the door.

“Do you know what time it is?”

“Eh…” Gerard stammered, “No…?”

“It’s 3.30. Do you know how long I’ve been sitting all alone, waiting for my only son to come home?”

Once again Gerard stammered out a no.

“Around three hours. Do you know when my job interview starts today?”

Another no.

“In five hours.” she said shortly. “I’m gonna go to bed, and since you brought him to that party, I expect you to take care of all this, right?”

“Yeah, of course.” Gerard’s voice sounded more and more sober, he had almost stopped slurring completely. Maybe because he heard the seriousness in mom’s voice, or maybe just because the alcohol was about to disappear out of his system. I guess he didn’t drink as much as I did. He started moving towards the stairs, but mom held up a finger. I was surprised Gerard even noticed it; I didn’t, but once again; he was clearly in better shape than I.

“Two things before you go.”

“Yeah?”

“I have an unopened jar of Aspirins in my medicine-cupboard. Make sure Frank takes about… zero of them.”

“But-“

“I will notice if he has.”

I couldn’t really comprehend what they were talking about, but I was getting pretty tired of hearing them talk about me like I wasn’t there. I opened my mouth to protest, or to at least make them see that I was there when I felt my throat contract again. Retching, I caught their attention and mom snatched my arm, dragged me off to the kitchen and pressed me up against the sink where I emptied my stomach. When I was done, she gave me a glass, filled it with water and told me to rinse out my mouth before she lead me back out in the hall. It all had happened so fast my head was spinning.

“Second of all,” she continued like nothing had happened. “I trust you not to… take advantage of him… when he’s like this.”

And in a matter of seconds, Gerard’s face was completely drained from colour. “No, no, of course- of course not!”

“Awesome,” she yawned, “Tell him, when he’s back to functioning normal again, that he’ll have to meet my rage as soon as I get home.”

“You don’t seem mad…” Gerard said carefully, “My mom would’ve been furious.”

“Oh, I am. But I’m too tired to show it. Good night” and with that, she disappeared upstairs.

We stood still for a few seconds before Gerard wrapped an arm around my waist, supporting me, “You’re in big trouble…”

“Pff,” I said, waving with my hand in his face, “No…” I didn’t know what he was talking about so I just gave him a random answer.

“We need to get you to bed” he giggled and when I sneezed, he added, “You’re cute when you’re drunk”

“Thank you, babe” I giggled, only taking in the words, ‘you’ and ‘cute’. The world had begun to spin slightly, so my grip around Gerard tightened a little as we moved up the stairs.
♠ ♠ ♠
I am trying to update more often... (: So far, I've failed, but soon I'll hopefully have more time. Thanks guys for reading.