Glades and Playgrounds

Chapter XXII;

At 12.14 I threw the covers off of me and slowly got up from my bed. I had been thinking for about half an hour of how I’d be able to get out of the house without mom waking up, and had came to the conclusion that my bedroom window was the only way out. I lived on the second floor, but hopefully I’d be able to climb down the drainpipe. And hopefully, mom wouldn’t hear me. She was already a little suspicious after I had retrieved my shoes earlier, though she didn’t know I had taken them to my room.

The streetlights were making everything slightly easier, yet harder. It lightened up my way down the drainpipe, but it also made it very hard to not get spotted. Also, I’d probably need Gerard’s help with the last piece of climbing since I wasn’t that good at climbing. Especially not at 12am in the dark. On top of it all, it had been raining, so it’d be slippery.

Wish me luck.

I slowly opened the window while hoping to God it wouldn’t slam shut after I had climbed out. It would be open for the rest of the night so I could come back in again, though I wouldn’t have been able to close it even if I wanted to; it only closed from the inside. Luckily, we weren’t living in the dangerous part of Jersey, but still, if someone saw a open window right under a drainpipe, it’d be hard to resist.

The drainpipe sure was slippery. And dirty. But I managed to heave myself down to the point where I was hanging from it, only holding onto it with my hands. Then I had to swing my body so I could wrap my feet around the vertical pipe to climb down. I managed, but with a lot of noise. Mom’s room remained dark though, so I carried on and slowly worked my way down.

Gerard was nowhere to be seen when my feet finally made contact with the wet grass, and I didn’t know whether I should simply wait for him here or go over to his house. The answer was pretty obvious once I thought about it; why stay here and do nothing when I could go and see him? So with a final look at mom’s bedroom window to make sure she hadn’t woken up, I took off.

Gerard’s house looked pretty much like my own, just a little bit smaller. But there wasn’t any drainpipe under his bedroom window, so I didn’t know how he’d come down. His and Mikey’s room was pitch-black. I hope he hasn’t forgotten about the plan… Maybe he fell asleep?
After waiting for a couple of minutes without Gerard showing up, I had to make a decision. Either go home and go back to sleep, or find out where Gerard was and what he was doing. The most likely was that he was in his bed, sleeping. So I had to wake him up… Somehow. I looked around for some inspiration, but I couldn’t see much thanks to the darkness. Damn you, Gerard… Maybe I could call his name? No, his parents would wake up. I had to do something only he could hear, and possibly Mikey too.

As I started walking around, a sound caught my attention. I looked down and noticed I wasn’t just standing on wet grass. Gravel. Smiling, I bent down and picked up a handful, and in the faint light from the streetlights, I picked out the small stones and threw away those who were too big, and then threw the rest on Gerard’s bedroom window. I waited, but nothing happened.

“Oh, come on, Gerard…” I whispered and grabbed some more gravel and threw it. Nothing. As I bent down for the third time, a cold hand grabbed me by the arm, yanking me backwards while whispering:

“Shh! You’re gonna wake’em up!”

I turned around and saw Gerard smiling goofily at me.

“How did you get out? I’ve been standing here for five minutes!” I whispered, but instead of answering, he flung his arms around my neck and kissed me. I don’t know for how long; time seems to slip away every time he kisses me, all I know it that it was very warm and wet.

“What made you think I’d be coming out that way?” he asked when the kiss ended. He was panting very lightly, his face just an inch away from my own, still with the goofy grin on his face. “I’d break my legs if I jumped from up there.”

I shook my head, “Nevermind. What did Mikey say when you told him?”

He took my hand and together, we sneaked out of his garden, out on the street. The pavement was wet, making the streetlight’s light reflect in it. “Nothing really. Just, you know, laughed, called me names and so for about five minutes. But after that, he was fine with it.”

“You mean, he was fine with it after you blackmailed him?”

Gerard just smiled his mischievous smile, biting the corner of his bottom lip.

“Where are we going anyway?” I asked and started to swing our hands as we walked. There was something special about that night, or maybe it just felt special because it was night. I’ve always liked the nights better than the days, mainly because it feels like I’m on top of the world when I’m out then, just that feeling of knowing that you’re pretty much alone, everyone else is sleeping and you can do whatever you want without anyone telling you not to. And walking on the usually crowded main street, hand in hand with Gerard in the dead of the night, with nothing than the sound of our own footsteps and voices to be heard was really… satisfying, and in a way cosy.

“You’ll see”

*

“Do you really like this place so much?” I laughed as he, for the second time in a few months, led me down the path, which I now knew would be leading us to the glade he had showed me on our first date.

“Yeah. Why? Is there something wrong with my glade, huh?” he asked in a fake defensive voice as he continued to lead me forward by the hand. “Mind you, it’s a very beautiful and romantic place.”

“You’re lucky Mikey didn’t hear you say that.” I said and he laughed.

“I know. Come on”

He took my hand that he had released only second ago and led me towards the water.

“What are you doing?” I asked as we got closer and closer to the water. Just to remind you; it was November, and there was no way he’d make me go into the ice cold water. Gerard didn’t answer. Instead, he speeded up, leading me up to the very end of the muddy bank, so far out that the calm water was touching the tip of our shoes. “Gerard, what the fuck?!”

“Look” he said in a dreamy voice, pointing right in front of us, “You can see the other side from here. And look at the lights reflecting in the water…”

He was telling the truth, we could see the other side of the small lake. Seeing as there only were big houses with balconies and stuff, I guessed it was the richer part of New Jersey. And the lights that were reflecting in the water came from the houses, that was true too. But… so what?

“You’re one weird motherfucker, you know that?” I laughed and walked back to the grass. It took me a few seconds since my shoes were stuck in the mud, but I managed. He laughed as well, then walked up to me shortly after he realized mud was slowly starting to ruin his already dirty Converse, and he placed his hands on my hips, looking me in the eyes.

“So… what do you wanna do?”

And just like that, just that small question made me realize what the hell we were doing. Sneaking out though we were grounded, and in the middle of the night! God, mom would freak if she found out! First the alcohol, and now this… I’ll be grounded ‘til I’m 90. A gnawing feeling in my gut was telling me to go straight home and don’t look back, but Gerard… Gerard was here. And Gerard was the reason I was here. Was he the reason I had suddenly started to break so many rules? The gnawing feeling disappeared once a thought hit me; I’m a teenager. I’m supposed to break rules. If I don’t break them now, I’ll do it when I’m grown up; I have to learn from my mistakes, right?

Without letting my doubts shine through, I teasingly caressing his lips with my own and giggled, “I don’t know…”. That was the smartest thing I could come up with at the moment. He giggled back, slowly letting his arm make their way around my waist. His fingers gently started to play with the hem of my shirt behind my back, pushing it up just an inch before massaging the now visible patch of skin just over my jeans. Smiling, I leaned into him, putting my head to rest against the side of his neck and he sighed in my ear, copying me by leaning his head against my neck.

I could feel his crotch press against mine gently, and small sparks appeared inside of my ribcage. His breath was hot against my shin, his arms warm even through my clothes. I hadn’t realized it before, I had been caught up in the whole breaking-out situation, but it was cold outside, so our warm embrace was more welcome than usual.

Noticing that his chest was rising and falling faster than before, I smiled and gently started to kiss his neck. He was quick in returning the favour; it didn’t take more than a second before his lips were massaging the cold skin on my neck and the tip of his tongue teasingly helping.

He had started to lean into me, and, knowing what he wanted, I obediently started to walk backwards until my back hit the wet stock of a tree. Gerard’s face came to view for a mere second as he broke away and instead started to kiss my lips. His hands crawled up from my waist and placed themselves on the sides of my head and then further up to nuzzle into my hair. I groaned excitingly as he forced my head to lean back to the point where the top of my head almost came in contact with the tree behind me, and then released an even louder groan when he started to suck and kiss on my now exposed and stretched throat, just under my shin.

Suddenly, he thrust his hips into mine, and as both of our dicks were semi-erected, those were the first to feel the hit. I exhaled sharply, tilted my head forward and forced my eyes open to look at him. I just wanted to see him, needed to see his face, how he looked and see if his facial expression could give away what he felt right now, and it did. He had this wild, almost maniacal smile, closed eyelids, though even in the dark I could see his eyeballs moving underneath. The moonshine and the shadows created by the large trees around us made half of his face a milky-white colour while the rest was pitch-black and almost impossible to see. But his face disappeared again when he quickly leaned forward to kiss my lips again.
As he thrust into me a third time, he separated his thin lips to moan, and his hot breath was like fire against my already swollen lips.

My arms that had been around his back fell limp to my sides when his thrusts became regular, and I completely put my body in his hands for him to do whatever he wanted with me. Gerard smiled against my lips when he felt how relaxed my body had gotten, and he started to work his tongue even faster in my mouth then he had done before, ever before, and it just made my eyes roll back into my head.

I wanted more, demanded more. I loved the way his hands were making me feel like a beautiful piece of art, how his tongue tasted sweeter and warmer than anything I’d ever tasted before and how his moans made my heart pump faster and faster by every second.

He stopped thrusting into me, and instead just pressed himself as hard as he could against me. His erection was then pressed so hard into my own I could barely breathe. “I want you,” I panted, surprising myself with my own words.

“Here?” it sounded like a question, as if he wasn’t really sure, but when I felt his hands against the back of my thighs, pressing my legs up to wrap around his waist, I knew he just wanted to confirm what I had just said. The new position forced him to press me even harder against the tree so I wouldn’t slip down, his jeans rubbing against my own as he had to jerk his hips a little to hoist me up.

“Mmh,” I groaned breathlessly, just wanting him to rip of my clothes and kiss every inch of my skin. I impatiently tugged at the hem of his shirt, pressing it up to the point where I could see his bellybutton and smiled against his lips in delight of feeling the warm skin of his stomach under my fingertips. I located his bellybutton with my fingers, then crept lower where I knew his happy trail was and massaged just above the waistband of his jeans. He leaned his head back smiling and breathing hard, but then suddenly, his body froze. “What?”

“Shh.” he said sharply and whipped his head around to look behind us. I didn’t know what he expected to see, there was absolutely nothing but trees there, but apparently he thought there was something else. He added in a whisper; “Did you hear that?”

“What?” I asked without lowering my voice since I was slightly annoyed that I wasn’t losing my virginity right now instead of staring into shadows. His head whipped back around to give me a glare at my high voice. I sighed, and then said in a whisper, “What’s wrong?”

“I heard-“