Glades and Playgrounds

Chapter V;

This is so cool, I have a date! I’ve only been on two dates before, both with girls; the first one really sucked. I was so nervous that I just fucked up the whole evening, and since the girl I was out with didn’t like me that much, she was fairly pissed when we got home. My second date was better, it was actually fun, but as we got home, we both realized we were nothing more than friends – that was a date with Sasha. But now I have a date with a guy! A cute guy, that is…

“Hey, why did you run out on us like that?” mom asked as she entered the living room one hour later. “Donna started freaking out and thought that her sons had been rude”

Oh, believe me, they were everything but rude.

“I told you I’d just stay for a few minutes” I said and she gave me a weird look.

“Why are you looking so… nervous?”

“Am I?” I said, acting confused, “Well, I’m not so-“

“Frank…” she said, smiling lightly as she cocked her head to the side.

“It’s nothing. I’m going to bed, good night Linda”

I rose from the couch, but as I walked past her, she took a hold of my shoulders, spinning me around so I was once again facing the couch. I sighed, knowing all too well that I would not be able to leave the room until I had told her what was on my mind, which I knew I had to anyway. I had talked to her about girls and stuff, but never discussed homosexuality or anything, and I mean, I kinda knew I was gay since girls didn’t attract me what so ever. But I really didn’t care what I was, my sexuality is just a small part of me, so why get so worked up or deny it? I’m just not sure mom will share my opinion.

“Is something wrong, sweetheart?” she asked, now looking concern. Suddenly, I regretted saying yes to that date with that Gerard guy. What if mom would totally freak out and hate me for the rest of my life just because of this? I don’t even know the guy and he might ruin my whole life!

“Linda… you know that guy, Donna’s oldest son Gerard?”

“Yeah, he’s a sweet kid… He thought I was your sister” she smiled, leading me over to the couch where we sat down. “Now you’re making me worried, Frankie… Did he do anything to you?”

“No” I laughed, getting a weird picture of Gerard raping me in the living room, but then got serious once again when I remembered the situation I was in. “Or well, he did, but nothing bad”

“Go on”

“He, uhm…”

What if she’ll disown me?

“We were… er…”

What if she’ll hate me?

“I…”

What if she won’t talk to me again?

Oh come on, this is my mom we’re talking about… My wonderful mom, the most important person in my life, the one I can talk about everything with. She was just fifteen when she got me, so she’s just in her late twenties which have made her the coolest mom ever. Since she’s still what I’d call young, she understands how some things are really important to me, even though a ‘real’ mom would think it was ridiculous.

“Gerard he… uhm… he kinda asked me out…” I said slowly, looking down at her knees shyly. “And I uhm… said yes”

She furrowed her eyebrows.

“I didn’t know you were gay” she said, confused.

“Does- does it matter?” I asked, stuttering as I noticed my mouth was filled with saliva that I, in my nervousness, had forgotten to swallow.

“What? That he asked you out?”

“No, that I’m gay”

She rolled her eyes and before I could stop her, she ruffled up my hair.

“Don’t be stupid, Frank.” she smiled, “I would be here for you even if you turned out to be a shitty little Nazi… I wouldn’t agree with you, but I would love you anyway, you know that. Is there anything else you want to tell me?”

“Nope” I smiled, a warm feeling in my chest appeared as mom gave me a hug and I felt that I had never loved her more than what I do right now.

“Good, then I’m going to bed… Night, honey” she said, “And you know you can always talk to me about this stuff, like always… I do appreciate it. A lot”

“I know, Linda. Thank you… and good night”

“Night, I love you”

“Love you too” I called after her as she bounced up the stairs. That went well…

[A/N; this story didn't turn out to be as original as I thought, sorry guys ^.^]