Sing Once Again With Me

Sing Once Again With Me - Ch. 10

Ella slowly opened her eyes, it being a reaction that she held up a hand to the bright light of day. A week had passed since she and Eric had reunited.. or realized each other.. and she had never been happier in her life. A joyous smile spread across her face and she sat up in bed. She stretched her arms and back before placing her feet on the cold floor. She yawned and glanced around; most of the other girls, including Meg, had already wakened and left as usual. Humming a little tune she finally got out of bed and quickly dressed. Eventually she skipped out of the room, followed by a twirl in the doorway and finished with ballroom dancing down the hall, heading towards breakfast.

Soon enough though, she bumped into none other than Marcus. He caught her from falling over but laughed at her as well, asking, "What in le monde are you doing?" Ella giggled and stood up straight again, putting her hands on her hips. "Rien, I'm just happy. Can't a lady be happy and dance in the hall?" He playfully rolled his eyes, "On your way to petit dejeuner?" Ella nodded, "Are you?" but he shook his head. "Non, I already ate with some friends." She nodded before she said, "Well I'm either finding Meg or just breakfast." Marcus rubbed his hand around the top of her head, messing up her hair. "Well have a bon jour little sister. I'll be seeing you later." and he began walking away. "Hey!" Ella called after him in protest, managing to make him trip before she skipped down the rest of the hallway, eventually fixing her hair.

~~~Eric's POV.~~~

Madame Giry's eyes widened in disbelief when she was told the news. "Are you sure?" she asked. Eric couldn't help his smile as he answered, "She has the necklace... She remembered everything, she knew the song. It's her.." Madame Giry was amazed, had he just smiled? The sight was contagious and she smiled as well, "Eric that's wonderful..." She couldn't believe it. Was she really the same girl? Could she possibly be the same Ella Durands he had spoken of so much? The Madame didn't know whether to be happy for him or worried about what would happen. She knew one thing though, she had to speak with her.

~~~Ella's POV.~~~

Meg found Ella however and after they had eaten breakfast the two began heading for the main stage area. They were to be assigned their roles for the upcoming premiere and when they arrived they were met by the usual large crowd of people. After finally making their way through the crowd, Meg first found out that she was to be a chorus girl. She was happy nonetheless, one of the many things people loved about her. Ella then approached the conductor and he smiled at her, "Ah, Miss Ella! I supposed you would like to know your role for the grandiose premiere de le annee?" Ella lightly nodded and smiled shyly, "I would monsieur.." He started laughing cheerily, "My dear you have been granted the lead female role!" Ella's eyes widened and her mouth dropped a bit at this. The lead? Ella Durands had gotten the lead role? And not just any lead role but the lead role of the premiere of the year. But not just any old lead role of the premiere of the year... this was the premiere of the year of the Opera Populaire! She was breathless and she glanced over to Meg who was grinning at her, "Ella that's wonderful! Aren't you happy?" She tried to say something but no words came out. She finally, slowly reached for the script and he handed it to her, still laughing. Ella looked it over and looked back at Meg. She was still grinning at her and Ella screamed, "I got the lead!! This is so exciting!!" The two hugged and quickly left to tell Madame Giry.

When they did find her, she seemed caught off guard. A smile disappeared from her face and Ella thought, had she heard a thud before they walked through the door? Clearly Meg hadn't noticed and if she had, she paid it no mind. "Oh mother you're never going to believe what Ella has to tell you!" she said excited. Madame Giry then seemed worried and glanced between the two a few times. She took a breath, about to say something but Ella unknowingly spoke up. "I was given the lead female role!" The Madame's eyes lit up and she smiled warmly, "Congratulations Ella!" Her eyes slowly clouded over in thought however, and she reached out to hold Ella's necklace up. She studied it for only a moment before she glanced back up at her, and Ella looked back with fear in her eyes. "Meg, please give Ella and I some time to talk.." Meg glanced at the two confused, but she eventually and silently obeyed her mothers request and left.

The Madame watched her as she left, and when the door closed she looked back at Ella. Ella still looked cautious and softly asked, "Oui, Madame?" A small smile was shown as she said, "So, you were the one who asked me to help that poor boy all those years ago.." Ella drew in a quick breath and glanced around, "Umm... I - " But she was cut off, and Mme. Giry put a hand on her shoulder "It's alright Ella, I know.." Ella frowned curiously, "That was you?..." She nodded and clasped her hands together, "That night I brought Eric here to live. He wrote a few of our best operas you know.." Ella smiled and glanced around but the Madame spoke again, "Ella... I know you were very close to him as a child for some time, but he has changed... I am aware you know him very well, but I just want you to know to be careful..." Ella stiffened but silently sighed, she knew Madame Giry only cared for her welfare. She nodded and after a while the two departed.

Later that day Ella and Meg were about to sit down for dinner when suddenly Ella was scooped up in a pair of strong arms and twirled around. The man that was holding her was laughing happily and she looked down to see it was none other than her big brother Marcus. Ella laughed at him and he finally set her down again while saying. "You got the lead! Congratulations!" Ella giggled again. "Thank you! I know it's so amazing! Are you in it?" Marcus nodded, "I've been given a secondary role, which is better than what I usually get." said with another good-hearted laugh. Ella smiled again and they all sat down to enjoy dinner.

After dinner Ella, Meg and Marcus passed the time by talking about many things. Eventually though it was nearing eight o' clock and everyone had returned to their rooms. Ella and Meg said good night to Marcus and they made their way to the sleeping rooms. Soon enough they had reached their beds and changed into their nightgowns and they were sitting on their beds, talking with a few other girls. Ella lay down and closed her eyes, pretending as if she were asleep, but none of the other girls seemed tired in the least. They continued talking until eleven at night, and a tired Ella had accidentally fallen asleep an hour earlier.

~~~Earlier that Day~~~

The horse carriage slowed to a stop. The door was opened... and he stepped out... A few people immediately left when they noticed him. Some stopped to watch him. Some nodded respectfully and some merely slowed to see who he was. An assistant paid the carriage driver to park nearby and the two began silently walking down the street. All eye contact made was met by his menacing glare. At the largest building on the street, the two slowed and the assistant opened the door. They stepped in and began attending to his current business.

Some time later the assistant reappeared and approached the carriage. He took three bags from it and entered the building once again, leaving the carriage driver to finally go on his own way. The assistant finally reached the room and set down the bags to see the man was standing in front of the window, his hands clasped behind his back as he said. "You're a good man Adrien, finding the time to accompany me on this little trip. It shouldn't take long though... As you know I get what I want and finish my business." He looked back at Adrien with a corrupt smile, "Wont she be so delighted to see us."
♠ ♠ ♠
Image

This is Jacques Temes...
I know! I'm sorry! Please don't kill me!
But... come on! Who say's the evil husband has to be ugly??
Really! I mean take a look at this guy. He does look like a real spoiled brat.