Sing Once Again With Me

Sing Once Again With Me - Ch. 11

Ella awoke to the singing of birds outside the window and the warm glow of sunlight cast across her bed. With a smile she rolled onto her side to see a sleeping Meg in the bed next to hers. Brushing some bothersome strands of hair out of her face, she simply lay that way for a bit before yawning and stretching.

Finally, she got up and dressed and kneeled next to Meg's bed. "Meg! Meeeg, wake uuup! You don't want to miss the first day of rehearsals for the premiere of the yeeaarr!" Shaking her shoulder, and arm, and tapping her all the while. Finally Meg whined and rolled over and Ella giggled but said in a pouty voice. "Oh, come oon. Don't make me eat breakfast by myself..." Meg sighed and mumbled, "I'll be up soon..." Ella rolled her eyes and compromised, "Fine, how about I go get our breakfast and you be there in time. Comprendre? " Meg breathed an agreement and Ella went off to get breakfast.
Around ten minutes later Ella was just sitting down at a table with Meg's plate of food next to her, and Meg walked in the door. Ella smiled and waved her over and Meg came to have a seat next to her. The two spoke of how excited they were for the first day of rehearsals of the grand premiere of the year and how excited they were that Ella got the lead, and that they were both in it.

As usual after breakfast they continued on to rehearsals. Especially excited today, not only was this the biggest opera of the year, and Ella had gotten the lead. But the first rehearsal for any opera was usually very humorous and entertaining. After six hours of practices that were nothing short of hilarious; at one o'clock in the afternoon the two were off to lunch in fits of giggles and laughter.

Ella spent the rest of the afternoon relaxing. At first she merely roamed around the opera house, getting an idea of where everyone was and what they were doing. Later a little after five she took her book and came to be in a hallway along the outer edge of the building. Warm sunrays shone through the many windows and she sat comfortably in a window frame.

Forty pages later and one hour, but Ella hadn't noticed how far the sun had sunk in the sky. Only when her stomach rumbled did she glance away from the pages and see how dark it was getting. "Oh my gosh, I'm going to be late por diner!" she squealed. In one quick motion she marked her place, jumped up and started running towards the dinner hall.

Thankfully, she was only a little late though and dinner turned out wonderful as usual. Ella and Meg spent about an hour being with Marcus and a few other guys but, all too soon, yet never soon enough, it was time for everyone to return to their sleeping rooms. Finally the two groups shared their farewells and they headed off in their separate directions for the night.

It wasn't long before the other girls fell asleep, but Ella stayed up reading her book. She was just getting to a really interesting part, then it came to be nine o'clock at night.. A smile crept across her face and she marked her place in the book. Slowly she left the room and quietly made her way to the hallway with the painting at the end.

She had turned the corner and only taken a few steps when the hairs along the back of her neck stood on end. Then a pair of gloved hands slid around her waist and pulled her into a tall, muscular form. A little giggle escaped her, and he rested his head on her shoulder. Ella sighed happily and leaned her head back against him. Her arms were on his and she closed her eyes in enjoyment, just letting the seconds slip by together... Eventually though they broke the embrace and he once again led her down to his lair.

When they finally arrived, Eric carefully helped her out of the gondola and planted a light kiss on her hand. Ella felt herself lightly blush but she didn't know why. She knew there was no reason to. This made him smile, though very faintly, and he walked over to some music sheets. "Aimeriez-vous commencer mademoiselle Ella?" he asked. Hearing his powerful voice again sent the slightest chill down her spine. Ella couldn't avert her eyes from him and she merely nodded in response. He took a music sheet and handed it to her...

~~~An hour later. Eric's POV.~~~

An hour had passed and Ella was singing the last verses for her last song of the night.

"...Wail my April moon
God forsaken soul
I remember you
Come with me tonight
Say your prayers
Loud and clearly
All who still believe in God"
(DarkLyrics.com)

Eric couldn't take his eyes off her. Once again the smallest hint of a smile spread across his features as she finished. He slowly made his way over to stand in front of her and the attraction that brought them to stand so close almost seemed unearthly. "Perfect..." he whispered as he carefully brushed a few strands of hair from her face, tucking them behind her ear and continuing to gently trace his fingers down her jaw line. And once again he witnessed her beautiful smile as she looked up at him.

Eventually he moved away to get her a glass of water, as well one for himself. He set the two glasses down on a table and poured the water into them. "I've heard you were given the lead for the grandiose premire of the year." said with his slight smirk and he looked up at her. Ella came to stand on the other side of the table. "I have.." she softly responded as she took the glass he handed her and took a small sip. "I anticipate the day I get to see you in the opera on stage." he finally said after he had taken a small sip as well.

Eventually he began sorting through some other music sheets and papers. He was reading over one page and he sat down tiredly on the piano bench. With an unheard sigh he set the paper on the surface of the piano again and after a few moments of thought he simply began playing... His eyes slowly closed as the music filled his being. One song... their song...

He let out a long sigh and his shoulders relaxed. Then he felt a presence next to him. He opened his eyes to see Ella sitting on the bench next to him, and she began playing her part of the duet on the piano with him. She'd flipped her hair to one side, so it wouldn't be in the way. He felt so much for her... He couldn't believe how beautiful she was... and that she was here with him again.

They were reaching the end of the song. Eric finished his last portion, and as they played the last few notes together he gave her the most loving kiss on the exposed skin of her neck. The last key echoed over the water and he kissed her on the shoulder...

~~~Ella's POV.~~~

Ella suddenly heard Eric was playing their song on his grand piano. Her longing to be near him brought her to sit on the bench beside him and begin to play her part when it came up. She flipped her hair to the side to move it from her way and she heard him sigh.
His gaze burned into her skin and they were nearing the end of the duet. The hairs on her arms rose up in delight when he kissed her neck, then her shoulder. Her eyes had closed but she now opened them to meet his gaze until finally she pulled him into a mind-blowing kiss, and he soon deepened it. Her hands slid up his chest and he had a hand on her back, the other lay on her opposite facing hip.

Eventually they broke away, only to lose themselves once more in another amorous kiss. Then the clock struck twelve... reminding Ella how late it was... Reluctantly the two eventually pulled away and Eric sighed in defeat. They stood from the bench and Eric soon helped her into the gondola to return above ground.
♠ ♠ ♠
Image

I kknnooww.
When I first saw this pic I completely melted.
So I made a scene after it. The one you just read. <3