Sing Once Again With Me

Sing Once Again With Me - Epilogue

Music. It echoed around the auditorium of the Opera Poulaire, singing its sweet melody.
Talking. The guests were having a lovely time, talking and laughing amongst themselves.
Pounding. Her heart was racing inside her chest, causing her breath to shorten.
Eventually the song began. The tune of The Wedding March echoed to find her listening ears and she smiled. She turned the corner and made her way to the doors that lead into the auditorium. Two ballet girls were waiting and they swung the doors open for her entrance. Golden rays of sunlight poured in behind her as she slowly made her way down the center aisle. Everything was perfect. Only some decorations were needed in the already beautiful auditorium, decorations of red roses and white ribbons and other things.

Eric was waiting at the right side of the priest. He was wearing his Masquerade mask and a suit that rather resembled it, so no one would suspect who he was; and he was clearly unexpectant of how magnificent she looked. Marcus turned to see her, and when he did his grin only widened at how beautiful she was. Audric and his wife sat not far from him and they both smiled warmly. Meg sat in the audience as well and gasped when she saw Ella. Madame Giry was seated next to her and she to smiled happily at Ella. The other guests consisted of some distant family members and some friends, but altogether it was a small wedding; she nor Eric wanted anything big. As The Wedding March ended she came to stand on the left side of the priest and he began.

"Dearly beloved, we are gathered together here in the sight of God to join together this Man and this Woman in holy Matrimony; which is an honourable estate, instituted of God in Paradise, and into which holy estate these two persons present come now to be joined."
"Therefore if any man can shew any just cause, why they may not lawfully be joined together, let him now speak, or else hereafter for ever hold his peace"

"I require and charge you both, as ye will answer at the dreadful day of judgment when the secrets of all hearts shall be disclosed, that if either of you know any impediment, why ye may not be lawfully joined together in Matrimony, that ye confess it. For ye be well assured, that so many as be coupled together otherwise than God's Word doth allow are not joined together by God; neither is their Matrimony lawful..."

He looked at Eric and continued. "Wilt thee have this Woman to be thy wedded wife, to live together after God's ordinance in the holy estate of Matrimony? Wilt thee love her, comfort her, honour and keep her, in sickness and in health; and forsaking all other, keep thee only unto her, so long as ye both shall live?" Eric looked over at Ella and replied, "I will."
The priest then looked at Ella and spoke again. "Wilt thee have this man to be thy wedded husband, to live together after God's ordinance in the holy estate of Matrimony? Wilt thee obey him, and serve him, love, honour, and keep him in sickness and in health; and, forsaking all other, keep thee only unto him, so long as ye both shall live?" Ella kept Eric's gaze and answered, "I will."

The priest turned to the crowd, "Who giveth this Woman to be married to this Man?" Marcus then stood from his seat close to them in the front row. He approached the priest and carefully handed him Ella's right hand, smiling all the while before he sat back down.
The priest then put Ella's right hand in Eric's and Eric began his vows, "I, Eric, take thee Ella to be my wedded wife, to have and hold from this day forward, for better for worse, for richer for poorer, for fairer or fouler, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish, till death us depart, according to God's holy ordinance; and thereunto I plight thee my troth." He then slipped the ring onto Ella's fourth finger of her left hand.

Ella then began repeating her vows. "I Ella take thee Eric to be my wedded husband, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better for worse, for richer or poorer, in sickness and in health, to be bonny and buxom at bed and at board, to love and to cherish, till death us depart, according to God's holy ordinance; and thereunto I plight thee my troth." She too then slipped Eric's ring onto his finger.

The priest spoke again. "By the power invested in me by the church and law, I now pronounce you man and wife..." He looked at Eric with a small smile, "You may kiss the bride."

Eric took Ella's hands in his and politely kissed her. And as they turned to the guests everyone stood up clapping and smiling joyfully. An old friend of Audric's was the photographer and he snapped a few more pictures of them.

Everyone proceeded to the very same dining hall that had been used for the Masquerade, for lunch. After eating and a few people had made some toasts the orchestra began playing again. Ella and Eric shared the first dance, what Ella didn't know was that Eric planned for the first song to be their song, the one they had made together all those years ago. Afterwards everyone joined in but when the party was coming to a close, all the women gathered into a group. Ella tossed her small bouquet of roses, and when she turned around she laughed at the expression on Madame Giry's face while she looked at the flowers, being the one who caught it.

The men then gathered into a small group and Eric turned around as well. He tossed the garter and turned around when Ella squealed at who had caught it. A very surprised looking Marcus who looked up at her and she winked, thinking of that girl he had been talking about.
After the reception Ella and Eric stood hand in hand and thanked everyone for coming, meanwhile wishing them a safe trip back home. Already, the sun was beginning to set in the distance. All the guests that could leave had, and the guests that were at the opera house gave their farewells and departed, knowing the two would soon be on their way. No one ever knew who Eric really was. No one save for Ella, Marcus, Madame Giry and now Meg who had been informed a little while ago.

The last guests had left, and now as they stood alone Eric pulled Ella towards him. He kissed her deeply and passionately and Ella couldn't believe all the joy that was contained in her being. Then he suddenly swept her off her feet and held her bridal style in his arms. Ella laughed and wrapped her arms around his neck and he couldn't help but laugh as well. Soon enough they were back at his lair and after he had helped her step out of the gondola he picked her up once again only to carry her into the bedroom.

~~~

Ella's career only bloomed as time continued. About a year into their marriage, Ella and Eric decided to have a child. The entire time Eric had been rather worried; he had been born in such a condition, he would never be able to forgive himself if he forced his own child to live with such a curse. When the child was coming though he was a bundle of nerves. He knew very well the dangers of giving birth and he knew the probable consequences the child might have. But throughout the ordeal he stayed strong for Ella, and they had a beautiful, healthy baby girl who they named Cleresse.

Marcus only spoke of the girl who Ella learned to be named Emelyn more and more. Then two years after Cleresse had been born, he eventually left the Opera Populaire to reunite with her, and he was gone for three years. The entire time they sent letters back and forth, and Ella learned that he and Emelyn were engaged. Eventually they got married but he stayed with Emelyn for another year until they finally moved back.

Ella and Eric grew old together. There were hard times and happy times, but their love for each other only grew with each hardship they faced hand in hand. Cleresse grew up to be a star preformer just as her mother. Marcus and his wife Emelyn eventually had a baby boy they named Treves. Meg too eventually found the love of her life but Madame Giry never did re-marry.
♠ ♠ ♠
Image
This is Ella's wedding dress. <3

Image
This is the purdy ring again.

Image
Here's his suit!

Image
And the mask.

Image
But he gets a lovely ring to. <3

First of all, yeah sorry I went through practically the entire wedding ceremony. But weddings are LONG and I wanted you guys to get a feel of that.
And now, I thank you, you personally, so very much for reading my story. I hope you enjoyed reading it just half as much as I did writing it, and finding all those fun pictures and icons. Call me crazy but I love writing, and this has been a wonderful experience for me and I'm actually going to miss it very much. Thanks again you guys, I love each and every one of you!
If you're going to miss it as much as me, check back every now and then. I have two or three other stories I'll be writing sometime in the near future, but I can't promise they will be PotO; though I do have a slight idea of one.