Sing Once Again With Me

Sing Once Again With Me - Ch. 4

Ella giggled and finally said, "Okay, okay let me try again. This new song is a little... different." She cleared her throat and sat up straighter, she couldn't help but giggle again though. Finally Eric started laughing as well, "What's so funny?" he questioned. Ella continued giggling a bit and playfully grumbled, rolling over when she said, "I don't know... the way I sounded I guess." She quickly sat up and brushed off her hair, "Okay, this time is serious." She took a breath and began...

Ella:
Walls so white
Where your sorrows have a name
And day is dark as night
There's no remorse and no redemption
Close the door
Can you hear the crowd is waiting?

Eric and Ella:
For a last encore
Screaming out for my attention
Chanting my name

Ella:
Welcome all to curtain call
At the opera

Eric:
Raging voices in my mind
Rise above the orchestra
Like a crescendo of gratitude
This is my song
Like the dead
I am on the other side
Theyre howling in my head
Theres no remorse and no redemption
Hush my dear
Let the music fill the night
And soon it's all we hear
Screaming out for my attention
Chanting my name
Chanting my name

Ella:
Welcome all to curtain call
At the opera

Eric:
Raging voices in my mind
Rise above the orchestra
Like a crescendo of gratitude
Don't wake me
Until it's over
I, I may be dreaming
And awake
Chanting my name

Eric and Ella:
Chanting my name

Eric and Ella:
Welcome all to curtain call
At the opera

Eric:
Raging voices in my mind
Rise above the orchestra
(DarkLyrics.com)
~~~

Ella's eyes shot open and immediately squinted from the bright light of morning. A little less than three weeks had passed since her meeting the Phantom on the roof, and during that time she had been plagued with dreams of her childhood. With a groan she stretched her body and sat up in bed, rubbing the sleep from her eyes. Thinking of the dream she sighed. Another dream of Eric... why was she having all these dreams of him lately? She glanced around and saw that most of the girls were still asleep, only a few had woken up and left earlier than her. She yawned and removed her covers, resting her feet on the cold floor. She glanced over to a sleeping Meg for a moment before she stood and got dressed for the day.
One of her friends invited her to join her for breakfast and Ella agreed but quickly returned to Meg's bed. She kneeled down and tapped her on the back gently saying her name. Meg took a deep breath and groaned in response. Ella smiled but continued the tapping. "Come on you don't want to miss breakfast do you? Marianne's invited us to join her. Wake up sleepy head!" Meg sighed and rolled over onto her back, blinking her eyes open. She eventually got up and dressed and joined the two for breakfast.
Ella and another friend of hers went to rehearsals together. This play h
ad been rehearsed, practiced and prepared for weeks now and tonight was the final night they had to perfect the finishing touches. Everyone was authentic by one hundred percent with costumes, placing, acting, props, and everything else. Rehearsals lasted a solid seven hours and everyone was exhausted by the time they were finished.

Ella and her friend continued to lunch, eventually accompanying another girl. They talked about many things happening around the world and ended up talking about where Carlotta was, and making jokes about her. After lunch Ella was very tired and for tonight she was allowed to stay in the diva's room, but when she tried to go back to rest Marianne came and insisted she spend the rest of the day with a few other girls. Ella ended up agreeing and the rest of the day was spent walking around town, trying on clothes and talking about guys. Ella ended up buying a new book and when she finally returned to her room for the night she was exhausted.

Ella glanced around the room, wondering if she was awake enough to read a decent part of her book. She sighed tiredly deciding she wasn't, and placed the book on the table surface in front of the vanity mirror. She retreated to the bathroom and after a nice, steaming hot bath she dressed in her little nightgown. She dried her hair the best she could before she blew out the candles and crawled into bed.

Just as she was drifting off to sleep she heard a noise. An out of place noise. It didn't sound like it came from outside her door but it didn't exactly sound like it was in the room either. Far too tired to wake up and check however she merely let sleep claim her.

~~~Eric's POV.~~~

Eric was sitting in box five, surveying the progress the upcoming premiere had made. The costumes were fine, the props worked perfectly, everyone had been rehearsing diligently and it came time for Ella to sing her part... Eric's eyes locked onto her, his thoughts focused on her, and his ears carefully waited to hear.

"See the cemetery sky
Carmine red and deep
Watch the oceans rising high
It's the human stain..."
(DarkLyrics.com)

The rest of the song was sang perfectly... Every note was hit and carried just as it was meant to be. She delivered the words meaning and more. She put so much emotion and passion into her voice when she sang. His heart rate had quickened as he listened to the song, but now as she finished he noted she seemed... upset... After rehearsals Ella left to have lunch with some friends and Eric parted to attend to his daily duties around the Opera Populaire.

The clock struck six in the afternoon and Eric silently made his way across the ceiling boards. Ella had just gotten out of the bath and she seemed to be blowing out the candles. Eric closed his eyes and thought back to her performance of singing the song. He ran all of the words through his head again and he took a deep breath. With an unsteady stride he took a few steps, louder than he had hoped. He slowed his pace and left for his life beneath ground.

He soon arrived at his lair and hung his cloak. Silent steps were made towards the organ and he took a seat on its bench. He propped his elbows against the organ and rested his head against his hands in thought.

'Such an amazing voice... I look forward to the final performance tomorrow night.

If only she could sing here... where her voice may echo throughout the catacombs and fill this empty space...

She's probably still so frightened from her given threat on the roof...

Dammnit Eric!! So selfish I would go as far as demanding she not sing in an opera house...
And with such a heavenly voice.'

He sighed and rubbed his forehead tiredly. He finally sat up straight and began playing, some final thoughts running through his head.

'I'll just have to.. apologize for my actions...

But I'll have to address her in person... no fool would respond to a simple letter for such a reason...'
♠ ♠ ♠
Image

teehee. e.e