Status: Done!

Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes and Whatnot

Thirty-Four

The day of the last Quidditch match, Hermione and I walked down to the pitch with Ron and Ginny. Ron looked about ready to be sick, and even Ginny seemed a bit nervous. Luckily, Hermione and Ginny didn't seem too angry at each other anymore, they were just oddly polite.

“Don’t worry, you’ll do brilliantly!” I said.

“You think so?” asked Ron.

“Absolutely” said Hermione.

We waved as they went into the changing rooms.

“I really hope he doesn’t puke on the pitch” I said as they disappeared.

“Maybe once the game starts, all the excitement will make him forget about the nerves”

I shrugged. Both of us were worried about today’s game. It was really a toss-up…no one knew what would happen.

The entire time, during the game, there was an amped up amount of tension and excitement. About halfway through, Gryffindor was in the lead, but not by much. However, each goal Ron saved seemed to give him a little confidence boost.

“Come on” I muttered as Dean caught the quaffle.

One of the Ravenclaw members stole it though.

“Shoot”

They were racing towards the goals…Ron looked ready though.

“Whoo! Yeah Ron!” we screamed.

He was saving almost every goal, and Katie was making quite a few on the other side. We wouldn’t win by enough, though, unless Ginny found the snitch.

“I think she found it” Hermione suddenly said in my ear excitedly.

“The snitch? She found it?” I asked, looking around for Ginny.

Hermione was pointing and bouncing up and down next to me. Ginny was indeed chasing after something glittery. I just hoped it wasn’t a charmed piece of jewelry. She reached out her hand and…

“Ginny Weasley’s caught the snitch!” the announcer boomed. “Gryffindor wins the Championship!”

“Aaaahhh!” both Hermione and I screamed, jumping up and down, hugging each other.

I even turned next to me and hugged the person on that side…oh, good, it was Neville.

Pretty much all of Gryffindor ran out onto the field, surrounding the team. Hermione and I pushed our way through the crowd.

“You did so good!” I yelled, hugging Ginny, then Ron, Hermione doing the same.

Then, Ginny was lifted onto Coote and Peakes’ shoulders as they marched to the changing rooms. The rest of the house went back to the common room to celebrate.

The party was in full swing now, everyone was talking and laughing, immensely excited about winning the championship. I saw the portrait open across the room, then Harry stood there looking shocked. There was another roar of excitement as people went to pull him inside.

Ron, Hermione, and I ran over to him.

“We won!” Ron yelled, holding the Cup towards him. “We won! Four hundred and fifty to a hundred and forty! We won!”

Just then, Ginny ran up, throwing her arms around Harry’s neck.

To everyone’s shock, Harry kissed her. Right there in front of everyone.

The entire room got quiet. When they broke apart, Harry’s eyes swept across the people behind Ginny. I grinned at him and winked. He stopped when he had found Ron, who looked like he had just been hit over the head with something. Then Ron gave a small jerk of the head that seemed to be a sort of acceptance, and Harry smiled down at Ginny, motioning out the portrait hole.

“Ow ow!” I said, raising my glass and many other people wolf-whistled.

Once they left, I patted Ron on the shoulder, “It was bound to happen eventually”

“I’m gonna need to talk to Fred” he said, still sounding stunned.

“Why?”

“Well, he should know how to handle a sibling and a best friend dating right?”

I laughed, “Right”
♠ ♠ ♠
Aww, Harry and Ginny...I love that part in the book, Ron's reaction always makes me laugh

Sorry, it's a pretty short one, but there will be more exciting things happening next chapter
And we're getting close to the end! Of the sixth year, that is, not of this story (:

As always, thanks for reading and commenting
All the comments about Draco, loved them! Hilarious, totally made my day <3