Status: Done!

Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes and Whatnot

Thirty-Six

“I solemnly swear that I am up to no good” I muttered, tapping the map with my wand.

The outline of the castle started to appear before me, then all of it’s rooms and secret passages, and finally all the little footprints and names. I started searching for the two we needed.

“What exactly does he think is going to happen?” asked Hermione worriedly.

“Well, he doesn’t know, does he? That’s where we come in,” I said, still studying the map. “Ah, there’s Snape, he’s in his office”

“I suppose we should get some of the other DA members” said Ron.

“Yes, we should. But Hermione, can you just go wake up Ginny? She’d want to help, but I don’t know if she’d check the coin” I said.

“Yes, let me just send a message first”

Hermione took out her coin and sent a message to the rest of the DA. Then, she went upstairs to wake Ginny.

When they came down, we waited to see what would happen. While waiting, I periodically checked the map.

It took about ten minutes before Neville came down the stairs. I felt a great amount of affection for him right then, I knew how much he’d wanted to keep the meetings going.

“What’s going on?” asked Neville. “What are we doing? And where’s Harry?”

“Dumbledore took Harry with him tonight, and Harry suspects Malfoy of carrying out some plan while they’re gone,” Ron said. “He wants us to keep an eye on him and Snape.”

As Ron was finishing his sentence, Luna floated down the stairs.

“Good evening,” she said. “Are we having some sort of meeting?”

“In a way,” Hermione said. “We need your help”

We explained what Harry told us, and showed them the items he gave us.

“Why would we need a luck potion? What’s going to happen?” Neville asked.

“Well, there is the real question…we don’t know” I shrugged.

“So where are they now? Snape and Malfoy?”

“Well, Snape is in his office, but I can’t find Malfoy on here” I said, looking at the map again.

“Then, he must be in the Room of Requirements again” Hermione said.

I nodded.

“So the plan?” Ginny asked.

“We should guard each area” Luna said in her dreamy voice. “That way if they decide to move, we’ll be right there”

“I agree” I said. “That’s good, we’ll have stake-outs at each location, so they’ll have to go through us first”

“Then who’s going where?” Neville asked.

“We could split up evenly” Hermione said.

“But if Harry’s right about Malfoy, then he’s been fixing something really dangerous in the ROR,” Ron said. “We might want more people up there”

“But Snape is a professor, and a much more powerful wizard” I said.

“But Dumbledore trusts him” Neville added.

I looked at the map again.

“We could send four up to the seventh floor, and two to the dungeons” Ginny suggested.

I looked around at the others, and then we nodded.

“I say send the one who’s best at nonverbal spells to guard Snape, so that’d be Hermione, and then…Luna? You two could handle him I think” I said, looking at them.

Hermione still looked nervous, but Luna looked like I had said we were going on a picnic, still completely serene and happy.

“Yes, I think we could” she said.

“Alright” Hermione said shakily.

“That leaves the four of us outside the ROR” Ron said.

“Alright then, let’s go” Neville said.

“What about that luck potion?” Ginny asked.

“Right,” Ron pulled it out of his pocket and held it up to examine it.

“When should we take it?” Neville asked.

“Well, we’re splitting up…should we take it now?” Ginny asked.

“How long do you think it’ll last?” asked Ron.

“I think, split up into six, it’ll be good for around three hours” Hermione said.

We looked at each other again, and I glanced at the map. Still no sign of Malfoy, but that didn’t mean he couldn’t show up at any minute.

“Now” I said. “We have to be ready”

Neville, Ron, and Ginny nodded. They seemed the most hyped to do this. I was worried if Hermione would let the stress get to her, but she usually did well under pressure…I mean, how else could you explain her test scores?

Hermione conjured little cups out of thin air, and we each took one. Then, she poured an equal amount of potion into each.

“To Harry” Neville raised his cup.

We all followed suit and I said, “Cheers, and good luck”

Ron chuckled, “Yeah, good luck”

Then, we drank. It took a couple seconds to kick in, but then I felt it. Like a warming sensation spreading throughout my body, and feeling like I could do anything and nothing would go wrong.

“Alright” Ron said, looking downright cheerful now, “let’s go”

Hermione and Luna set off for the dungeons to guard Professor Snape’s office and the rest of us ran up to the seventh floor and the wall where we knew the Room of Requirement lay hidden.
♠ ♠ ♠
ah geez, ah geez, what's gonna happen next?
as if you all don't know

Anyways, thanks so much for reading and commenting and such (:

And soon I'm going to be starting another HP story, but it's going to be Marauders era
A Remus Lupin love story, cause really who doesn't love Remus Lupin?
I am also in love with Sirius Black...his hair is amazing! haha and Gary Oldman rocks my socks
So I will let you know when I post the first chapter if you want to check it out