Status: Done!

Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes and Whatnot

Forty-Six

Early the next morning, we were summoned by Mrs. Weasley as she barked at us to start getting ready. All the guys were to get dressed and wait outside for guests to arrive, while the girls would be helping Fleur get ready.

It was about an hour before the ceremony would start and we were pretty much done. Hermione and I slipped out quickly before we were instructed to do anything else. We weren’t part of the wedding party, so Herms was wearing a floaty, lilac-colored dress and mine was a similar style, only in a deep blue. Her hair looked sleek and shiny and mine was half pinned up in big, loose curls. We also each carried small, beaded handbags that weren’t as heavy as you expected seeing as how much we had in them.

When we got outside, we went over to Ron and Harry, who was disguised as some red-headed fellow and pretending to be a Weasley cousin.

“You look great!” Ron said, mostly to Hermione I’m guessing and I smirked knowingly at Harry.

“Always the tone of surprise” said Hermione. “Your Great-Aunt Muriel doesn’t agree, I just met her upstairs while she was giving Fleur the tiara. She said ‘Oh dear, is this the Muggle-born?’ and then ‘Bad posture and skinny ankles.’”

“To me she said ‘Dear, you are much too tall in heels to ever find a proper man.’” I added in my imitation of her voice.

“Don’t take it personally, she’s rude to everyone” said Ron.

“Talking about Muriel?” inquired George as he emerged from the marquee with Fred. “Yeah, she’s just told me my ears are lopsided. Old bat. I wish Uncle Bilius was still with us, though; he was a right laugh at weddings.”

He grinned at me and put an arm around my waist.

“Wasn’t he the one who saw the Grim and died twenty-four hours later?” asked Hermione.

“Well, yeah, he went a bit odd toward the end,” said George.

“But before he went loopy he was the life and soul of the party,” said Fred. “He used to down an entire bottle of firewhisky, then run onto the dance floor, hoist up his robes, and start pulling bunches of flowers out of his-“

“Yes, he sounds a real charmer,” said Hermione as everyone burst out laughing.

“Never married for some reason,” said Ron.

Then George pulled me away from the group a bit.

“By the way, you look…amazing.” He said. “Beautiful as ever.”

I smiled and kissed his cheek “Thanks. And you look rather dapper in that suit. What do you think, too tall?”

I put my arms around his neck. We were just barely face to face with my heels, he was still taller.

“Not at all” he said. “Maybe if you want a ‘proper’ man, but I’ve always found that to be quite boring.”

I laughed “Me too.”

Then we had to go to our seats so the ceremony could begin. George took my hand as we walked to the front then kissed it before letting go. I was sitting next to Hermione, Ron, and Harry in the row behind Fred and George.

The ceremony was absolutely beautiful, Fleur looked wonderful and Bill looked ecstatic. It seemed like the perfect day for a perfect wedding.

When it was over, the wizard who’d married Fleur and Bill changed the lawn into a dance floor with tables along the outer edges. People started dispersing to find tables, or to congratulate the couple, or to say hello to other guests.

George put a hand on the small of my back and led me to a table where Fred and Lee were already sitting.

“Hey Lee!” I smiled and hugged him “I haven’t seen you in forever!”

“Hi Caroline, how’ve you been? Still with His Holeyness I see.”

I laughed as I sat down and grabbed George’s hand “Of course.”

We talked and joked for awhile, reminding me of those years when they were still at Hogwarts. Then, George asked me to dance and I heard Fred say something to Lee about finding some of Fleur’s veela cousins.

While we were dancing, George spun my under his arm then back into him.

“Since when can you dance?” I asked.

“I’ve always been a good dancer” he smirked.

I laughed, “Yeah right, I distinctly remember you stepped on Katie Bell’s feet at least three times at the Yule Ball”

“Maybe I did that on purpose”

“Why would you step on her on purpose?”

“Cause I didn’t like her and wanted her to leave me alone” he shrugged.

I laughed again.

“I wanted to ask you, but I put it off for too long and you said yes to that bloke from Durmstrang”

“Yeah, well, that was a mistake. I don’t even remember his name, all I remember is that he was very friendly, and I spent half the night avoiding him”

He laughed, “And you got me and Fred to help you prank him…after which we slipped a love potion into the punch bowl”

“There weren’t as many people left at the ball by that time, but boy was it funny”

“How long were we in detention for that?”

“I think we got two weeks for it, but you guys pulled something right after, so you were in there almost a month”

He shook his head, smiling “By then, detention wasn’t even a punishment for us”

We danced for a little while longer, but I could tell George was tired of just dancing by how close he was holding me and by the way he was kissing my neck every so often.

“Come on” I said, leading him by the hand away from the groups of people.

“Where are we going?” he asked.

“Doesn’t matter.” I smirked back at him.

We ended up around the corner of the house and as soon as we were out of sight from anyone, George kissed me and pressed me against the wall.

“Did I tell you, you look so gorgeous tonight?” He said before kissing me again, harder.

I just smiled against his lips and wrapped my arms around his neck.

“I hope your mum doesn’t come looking for us” I said breathlessly as he kissed down my neck to my collarbone.

“Don’t worry, she’s too busy with Bill and Fleur.” He murmured against my skin.

He kissed my lips again and I ran my fingers through his hair.

Eventually we headed back to the dance floor, after I had made sure to fix my hair.

We got drinks and I waved to Fred as I saw him on the other side of the lawn. He grinned back at me and winked. Then we danced again. It was during this that the large silver Patronus appeared in the middle of the floor.
♠ ♠ ♠
cliffhanger!
haha don't hate me, I had to

their Aunt Muriel cracks me up

As always, thanks so much for the comments (: