Status: Done!

Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes and Whatnot

Six

“Number one employee of the month reporting for duty,” I saluted them as I walked into the kitchen.

“Employee of the month?” repeated Fred with his mouth full of cereal.

“Yep”

“But this is just your first day,” said George, grabbing a bowl.

“Are you saying you don’t think I’ll be a good worker?” I said, hands on my hips.

“No,” he said quickly, “no, I just meant, uh – “

I laughed “I’m just kidding, but I will be employee of the month, just you wait.”

George relaxed again and slid a bowl across the table to me.

“It helps that you’re the only employee.” Fred said.

“Exactly my logic” I said sitting down.

I poured myself some cereal before sitting down.

Then, I said, “Sooooo…do I really have to wear - ?”

“Yes,” Fred answered simply.

“Dammit,” I muttered.

He smirked at me across the table.

“It’s okay, love, you’ll look adorable in it anyways,” George said, waving his spoon in a non-chalant manner.

We finished breakfast quickly, then put on the hideous robes, Fred and George opting to wear them as well, and we went down to the shop.

I gazed around at the colorful signs and flying objects. I hadn’t even bothered to ask what all the different things that revoloved, flashed, and bounced in the air were. Then I looked around at the boxes stacked to the ceilings and the shelves crammed with every sort of prank you could imagine. I smiled to myself, thinking about how brilliant it all was.

“Are you ready?” Fred asked, winking at me.

“As I’ll ever be,” I grinned, and George waved his wand to light up the ‘Open’ sign and unlock the door.

All day, the shop was full of people. You could barely walk through an aisle without bumping into someone. Fred and George really did have a knack for business. Despite many shops on Diagon Alley closing right now, they were able to generate the most business anyone had seen on this street in a long while. It was great, and by the end of the day, I was exhausted.

I was helping George close up the cash register when Fred walked to the front of the shop with Angelina. I raised my eyebrows at George and he shrugged.

“Alright, I’ll see you tomorrow then?” she was saying.

“Yep, I’ll pick you up after we close,” Fred said.

“Okay, bye!” she smiled and then stood on her tip-toes to kiss him.

After she left, he leaned against the counter, smirking.

“So?” I prompted.

“So what?” Fred asked.

“So what was that all about?” I waved my hands around.

“Are you guys together again?” George asked.

“Yep,” he grinned.

“Why didn’t you tell us?” I asked.

“Is that where you were last night?”

“Uh, yes and I had to make sure it was official before I told you guys,” he answered.

Fred and Angelina had started dating after winter break last year, but had broken up before the twins left school. This summer, they’d been talking again, and now I guess they were a couple again.

“That’s great!” I said.

He just smiled and walked off to do inventory.
♠ ♠ ♠
So here's another chapter...finally. I'm so sorry, I'm really trying to work through this writer's block. I promise it'll get better soon (well, hopefully).

I just kind of threw Angelina in there for the heck of it, she'll come up a few more times throughout.

Thanks to all my subscribers/commenters! Love you all