Status: Done!

Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes and Whatnot

Seven

All weekend, business at the shop got better and better. It was crazy, but in a totally good way. Harry, Ron, Hermione, and Ginny stopped in at one point as well. Fred gave Harry a tour of the entire shop, and told him to take anything he’d like because of how he’d given them the loan to start their whole business in the first place.

I was bringing some more boxes to the front, when I passed Fred showing Hermione and Ginny the WonderWitch products.

“Do they work?” Ginny asked, holding a love potion.

“Certainly they work, for up to twenty-four hours at a time depending on the weight of the boy in question – “

“ – and the attractiveness of the girl,” said George, appearing from behind me. “But we’re not selling them to our sister,” he was suddenly stern, “not when she’s already got about five boys on the go from what we’ve – “

“Whatever you heard from Rom is a big fat lie,” said Ginny. “What’s this?”

“Guaranteed ten-second pimple vanisher,” Fred answered. “Excellent on everything from boils to blackheads, but don’t change the subject. Are you or are you not currently going out with a boy called Dean Thomas?”

“Yes, I am,” said Ginny. “And last time I looked, he was definitely one boy, not five. What are those?”

“Pygmy Puffs,” said George. “Miniature puffskeins, we can’t breed them fast enough. So what about Michael Corner?”

“Guys, lay off,” I said, “she didn’t come here to be interrogated by you two.”

Ginny shot me a thankful smile.

“No, I want to hear about Michael Corner,” Fred insisted.

She sighed then said, “I dumped him, he was a bad loser,” she poked her finger in the cage of the Pygmy Puffs, “They’re really cute!”

“They’re fairly cuddly, yes,” said George.

“But you’re moving through boyfriends a bit fast, aren’t you?” finished Fred.

Ginny glared at them, hands on her hips. She looked scarily like Mrs. Weasley.

“It’s none of your business. And I’ll thank you,” she added angrily at Ron, who’d just shown up carrying an arm load of merchandise, “not to tell tales about me to these two!”

“That’s three Galleons, nine Sickles, and a Knut,” said Fred to Ron. “Cough up.”

“I’m your brother!”

“And that’s our stuff you’re nicking. Three Galleons, nine Sickles. I’ll knock off the Knut.”

I rolled my eyes and continued to the shelves to put away the boxes I was carrying.

Finally, the end of the day came and we closed up, after Fred literally pushed the last few remaining customers out of the store.

“Finally,” he sighed, leaning against the counter.

“Successful day, don’t’cha think?” George asked.

“Very,” I agreed. “Especially your Defense products, we got two more calls in for big mail orders of those.”

“Excellent!” Fred exclaimed. “We knew those would be hot items, but we never imagined how popular they would be with the Ministry and such.”

I sighed and looked around the shop, “This is so great”

They laughed and George said, “You say that every night.”

“Well isn’t it?”

“It is, but now I’m wondering if you only hang around us anymore because you’re in love with our shop,” said Fred.

“Perhaps she’s just in it for the money now,” said George.

“It’s a great possibility, I reckon we could end up being richer than the Queen!”

I laughed, “Guys, of course I’m not in it for the money, I love the both of you, and that’s why it makes me so happy that your shop turned out so great.”

“Well, if that doesn’t call for a group hug, I don’t know what does,” said Fred.

They both hugged me, crushing me on purpose.

“Can’t – breathe,” I gasped.

They laughed, letting go.

“So, since I’m gone in a little while, are you guys going to hire new employees?” I asked.

“I think we may have to,” said George.

“If it stays as busy as this, we won’t be able to handle it, just the two of us,” added Fred.

“I totally agree, but I just want to ask one thing”

They looked at me expectantly.

“Can I still be employee of the month?”

They laughed.

“Love, you can be employee of the century” said George.

“You’ll always be our favorite…as long as you promise to come back,” said Fred.

“Of course! I’ll be here to help out whenever I can,” I smiled.

“Good…now go do inventory,” Fred said.

I rolled my eyes.

“You want to be employee of the month or what?” he grinned.

“Come on, I’ll help you,” George said.

“No snogging back there!” he called after us.

George made a rude hand gesture back at Fred and I laughed and grabbed his hand, pulling him with me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Woohoo another chapter!
Credit goes to JK Rowling for all quotes from the actual book

More thanks to all my subscribers/commenters! Keep letting me know what you think (: