Pretty Bird

If She Wants Me; Belle & Sebastian

"This is a complete fucking nightmare. I'm freezing my face off. You are driving so slow, we can't even pass that van full of nuns, and my brain is going to split into two listening to this music."

"Hey! Do not insult Glassjaw! And they have God on their side, I am not going to piss off a van full of nuns. I am not going to give a big 'fuck you' to Jesus!"

"For fucks sake, Sykes, just let me drive then!"

"No." He pouted at me, his hands gripping the steering wheel tighter than before.

"Okay, well if you're content driving like a handicapped 90 year old man, can we at least change the CD? This band is just loads of screaming set to loud, annoying music. Can we put in the Deathcab?

Oliver glanced over to me, taking his eyes off the road for the first time since we got out of London. "I am sensing a pattern here, Chris."

"What?" I rolled my eyes, crossing my arms across my chest.

"You want me to trade this amazing, progressive music for some lonely guy on a guitar complaining, just so I can stop hearing your complaints! Listen to me. I'm driving this vehicle and I'm gonna drive at the speed that I'm comfortable. That means my music, my speed, and my choice of air conditioning preferences."

"But its freezing! The thing is set at its lowest!"

"Grab a hoodie, my dear." He laughed, flashing me that smile I couldn't help but melt over. I did my best to hide it though, accepting defeat as gracelessly as possible. I just huffed, and slumped over in my seat, my arms still crossed tightly over my chest.

"You look like you're 3." Oliver laughed, glancing down at me. "Aww, poor little Chrissy need a nap?"

"Stop taunting me." I pouted, sticking my bottom lip out for emphasis.

"You are strangely adorable." Oliver said, smiling.

"You're alright too, you know." I smiled back, still in my pouting position. Another chill was sent down my spine, thanks to the air conditioning. "How am I ever going to survive this car ride?" I moaned, rubbing my hands together, trying to make heat.

"May the force be with you." Oliver laughed, before taking his hand off the steering wheel and lacing his fingers into mine. The tiny gesture instantly made my cheeks glow red, even more exaggerated by the cold. Somehow, through all the bickering and the useless banter, I couldn't get enough of Oliver Sykes.

______________________________________

The flat was needless to say, ridiculous. Located right in City Centre of Sheffield, one of the most sought after districts, the flat sat on the fourth floor of the development, complete with 2 balconies to take in all the views. Oliver made sure that there were two bathrooms, one for each of us, and large enough main rooms to accommodate all his 'entertaining.' Granted, I was the one who spent the most time here, not him, I still appreciated the space tremendously. He surprised me with it a few weeks ago, actually, telling me he felt bad I was left inside his old room. Now, he said, we had a place of our own. Just remembering the look on his face as he picked me up and walked over the front door, old school style, made me tinge red all over again.

We got out of the car, and grabbed our bags out of the back. Up the elevator, and finally to our front door.

"I like this one more than the London flat." Oliver commented, as he opened the door.

"I see positives in both," I smiled at him, stepping inside and setting the bags down on the floor. "They're both amazing."

"Beats sleeping in my old bed, then?" He smiled back, bringing his face close to mine for a kiss. I obliged him, gently pressing my lips to his, my hand snaking back to the back of his neck, pulling him in closer.

"Indeed it does."

"Now we have a bed together, just the two of us." He smiled into the kiss, dropping the bags around us and using his hands to pull me in closer as well. I didn't respond, just let my lips open slightly, seeing if Oliver would take the bait. Like clockwork, his tongue found its way into my mouth, my body being pushing into his as he fell back and leaned against the wall. His hands, which were gripped firmly around my waist, moved lower, making me shiver into him as thought it was the first time he had ever touched me. He was simply electric, lighting up my insides as if they were strewn around some Christmas tree. He moved his hands back up my body, now resting them on my hips again, my legs weakening with every second of this kiss. Much to my dismay, he pulled away. "We can't, not yet, anyways." He breathed, seeming to talk more to himself than to me. "We have company soon."

"Blake!" I exclaimed, his face coming up in the banks of my memory. "I miss him!" I commented, picking the bags back up and walking through the living room into the bedroom. Oliver followed with his bags, and we both set them onto the bed.

"Yeah, he called earlier, while you were sleeping." Oliver said, unzipping the bags, beginning to unpack. "He has a bird, you know."

"Alicia...Alena! Alena's her name." I smiled at him, following his actions, putting my clothes onto hangers. "Pretty girl."

"Not as pretty as mine." Oliver smiled, throwing all his boxers into the laundry bag.

"So sweet." I taunted, smiling at him as I followed suit, my panties and bras following his into the laundry.

"Just honest."

"Yeah yeah, Sykes. Whatever you say."

We exchanged smiles, all the clothes out of our bags, and mostly now in the laundry bags. This was life now, the lives of gypsies. It became an art I mastered; the art of fast packing, and knowing quickly what needed laundering and what didn't. Oliver and I were pros now, thanks to Bring Me The Horizon and overzealous tour schedules. I didn't mind, though. You cant always plan where life will take you.

We exited the bedroom, me before Oliver. I walked into the kitchen while he collapsed onto a sofa, his head resting against one of the arm rests.

"Do you think I should put some food on the stove?" I asked, opening the freezer, seeing if we had anything decent.

"Is there anything good in there?" He called back.

"Well..." I poked and prodded food aside. "Not really. We need to go to Tesco."

"I'll order pizza then. Everyone likes pizza. Do you have the phone, love?"

I closed the freezer door, and looked up to see the phone on the base, the new message light blinking furiously, as usual. "Yeah, hold on." I picked it up, and saw that there were 34 new messages. I swore to God I told everyone we would be in London, I wonder if they caught on after the 15th message. I handed the phone to Oliver, collapsing onto the couch by his feet. He was laying, I was just sitting, my head resting against the back of the couch. It was almost like Oliver did me a favor all the time. As soon as the pizza guy answered, his words became increasingly slurred, and more and more slang was added as the conversation progressed. With me, he spoke slower, more sure to pronounce the ends and beginnings of his words.

He clicked the phone off, setting it onto the floor. "What do you think you're doing over there?" He asked, his deep eyes on me. I giggled, and crawled over to him, his body sandwiched between mine and the couch. I kissed him gently on the nose before resting my head on his chest. "That's better." He whispered, squeezing me gently in his arms again. Before we knew it, the doorbell rang, and I quickly removed myself from Oliver's embrace, smiling as he got up as well.

"Sparrow!" Blake's laugh was always so full of life; it was something I always missed. He walked over the threshold into the living room, his girlfriend wrapped around his waist. Oliver stood back, clapping Blake on the shoulder as a sufficient greeting, Oliver never did completely warm up to Blake. But, they were cordial, and I knew that's as good as it was going to get. I actually liked Oliver's possessive side, it made me feel like I was valuable.

"Blake!" I responded as I closed the door, once him and his girlfriend were safely inside. "It's been too long."

Blake smiled in response, before remembering the girl on his side. "This is Alena. My girlfriend." He said it almost proudly, as if she was some major accomplishment.

"Nice to meet you, I've heard a bit about you." I smiled, extending my hand out to her. She took it, and smiled at me and Oliver. Oliver took her hand too, before dropping it seconds after.

"Yeah, Blake hardly shuts up about you." She smiled, looking up at Blake as he blushed.

"Is that right?" I laughed, smiling at Blake as he kissed the top of his girl's head.

"The pizza should be here soon," Oliver piped in, always the quiet one without a drink in his hands. "We should get out of the hallway."

We all nodded, and followed Oliver into the living room. I followed Oliver onto the couch, Blake and Alena taking the loveseat.

"How was the tour, Oli?" Blake asked, his hand resting on Alena's knee. "Good to be home?"

I smiled as I watching Blake and Alena on the couch. New couples were always the most adorable, unable to keep their hands off of each other. Not that Oliver and I were any different, I was resting against his shoulder gently, but they were just so fresh and clean. My love with Oliver was more worn and comfortable, not as shiny but just as resilient as it was a year ago. She smiled a lot when she was around him, the dimples in her cheeks very apparent. Blake also looked more alive, too. He was still bleaching his hair, but with less frequency, his hair looking thicker and in better condition.

"Its always mint to be back." Oliver said, his chest moving up and down gently as he breathed. "I think this break is well deserved."

"Yeah," Alena chimed in. "Suicide Season is proper good, you know."

"Thanks, love." Oliver smiled at her, his eyes appreciative of the compliment.

The small talk continued until the pizza arrived, Oliver paying the pizza boy with a substantial tip. Oliver was right, it is great to be back. London was nice, but much too busy for our tastes. Sheffield, Steel City, was just the right blend of urban atmosphere mixed with the comfort of being Oliver's hometown.

It was deep into nightfall when Alena and Blake finally decided to go home. It was great having their company, but Oliver and I were absolutely exhausted.

"I knew some things will never change." Oliver laughed, taking off his shirt and climbing into bed clad only in his boxers.

"What are you talking about?" I asked, curling into his body once he joined me in bed.

"Can't you tell? They were high as hell." Oliver laughed, his arm draped lazily around me.

"I guess I just think that's normal Blake now." I laughed, my head resting onto my personal pillow, that soft place by his shoulder. It was true though, Blake was always one for his cannabis. It's not like anyone really minded, it was just a part of him. And obviously a part of Alena as well.

"Right," Oliver trailed off, his eyes closing gently. "Night, love."

"I love you."

"I'm in love with you." He smiled, his eyes still closed.

"Don't try to one-up me, Sykes," I whispered, my eyes following his. "I love you more."

He never responded though, sleep overtaking both of us in a matter of minutes.
♠ ♠ ♠
Superrrr long.
I couldnt really find a place to split it up though.

Hope you enjoy!

Comment, Subscribe!