Walls

Hope It Gives You Hell

“Damnnn girl,” Jack said checking Sara out. “Where have you been hiding all my life?”

“Behind her brother, that’s where,” Rian spoke up protectively.

Jack put his hands up in defeat. The boys had finally arrived at her small, one bedroom apartment.

She giggled. “I’ll take that as a compliment, Jack. So ready to go guys?”

Rian sighed. “Are you sure that outfit’s not too…much?” he asked.

Sara crossed her arms. “Ri, I can take care of myself. I’m a big girl now,” she said, her face like a child’s.

Jack was about to open his mouth to say something, but Zack hit him on the back of his head. This action was oblivious to Rian and Sara.

Rian chuckled at his younger sister’s pouty face. “Okay, I’m sorry. It’s just been a while. I worry about you a lot you know.”

She smiled warmly at him. “I know, Ri.”

“Okay, family time is over,” Jack interrupted. “Time to get drunk!”

They made it to the small club, packed with people drinking, and grinding on each other. The party scene was definitely not Sara’s scene. She smiled inwardly at the small pun she had just made.

As soon as she walked in, she could feel random and drunken guys staring her down. It made her feel uncomfortable, so she folded her arms across her chest. She knew this wasn’t a good idea.

Alex sensed this and wrapped his right arm around her waist protectively. She looked up at him thankful, and in return he gave her a comforting smile. She felt safe with him. She always has.

They made their way to the bar. Sara ordered a coke, and Alex got a beer.

“Why don’t you go off and find the guys?” Sara asked after a few minutes.

“I don’t want to leave you alone here,” he told her truthfully.

“That’s really sweet of you Alex, but really. It’s your celebration night. Go off and have fun,” she told him, or more like demanded.

He grinned crookedly at her. “You’re the best, Sara.” He gave her a sloppy kiss on the cheek causing her to laugh.

When he was gone, she sighed and smiled sadly to herself. She felt a bit lonely now that he was gone.

“Sara?” She looked over to see who called out her name. Her smile immediately returned, when she saw Samantha, Zack’s girlfriend. “What are you doing here?” Samantha asked enthusiastically, and gave her a hug.

Sara laughed and hugged back. Samantha sat on the stool next to her. “Well, I’m here celebrating with the guys against my will. What about you?”

“Zack called me and told me to meet him here. Although I have no idea where he is,” Samantha slightly laughed.

Samantha was probably one of the coolest girls Sara knew. She was so laid back, but when it came to party, she knew how to have fun. No wonder Zack was with her. They were perfect for each other.

Sara and Samantha talked for a while, before Zack came up to them. “Hey babe,” he greeted Samantha from behind.

“Hey, there you are sexy,” she grinned. He wrapped his arms around her and kissed her deeply.

“Wanna go dance?” he asked.

She looked at Sara for approval. “Go ahead. You two love birds have fun,” she told them.

Samantha squealed for joy as Zack lead her to the dance floor.

Sara sighed depressingly. She was along, once again. She missed having someone there for her. Someone to hold her, to make her laugh, to make her feel beautiful. The more she went on, the more she thought of Alex.

She quickly shook those thoughts out. She couldn’t. He was her best friend, not to mention her brother’s best friend as well. Rian would throw a fit if anything ever happened between her and Alex.

She looked around the bar casually, and as if matters couldn’t get worse, she spotted none other than Drake. And he wasn’t alone. He was with some random slut, who looked like her boobs were to big for her body, and wore clothes that looked like she had them from junior high.

As the girl led him to the dance floor, she immediately felt sick in her stomach. She just had to get out of here. Sara almost made it to the door, but got stopped when she felt a hand on her shoulder. She jumped up frightened, but relaxed once she saw Alex.

“Sara, what happened? Are you okay?” He asked terribly worried about her.

She shook her head no, unable to speak. Maybe she wasn’t quite over Drake just yet.

“Did anyone hurt you?” He asked more serious this time.

“N-no.” She sighed and bit her lip. “Drake is here,” she said quietly. They were at a close enough distance, that even through the blaring music, he could here her.

He turned around and spotted Drake.

“Shit, I’m sorry Sara. I shouldn’t of made you come,” he apologized. “You wanna go home now?”

“No, it’s fine. I just- I just wanna see that son of a bitch pay.”

He smiled mischievously at her. “I know just the thing.”

“Alex Gaskarth, what are you planning now?” she grinned.

“Well, how about you dance with me? Make him jealous. I wanna show that ass what he’s missing out on,” Alex explained, and winked at her.

She stared at Alex in thought, pursing her lips. What the heck, she thought. Might as well. She had nothing to lose. But little did she know, she had everything to gain.

“Let’s go.”

She grabbed Alex’s hand and led him to the crowd of people dancing. She made sure to push pass Drake on the way.

“Sara?” Drake asked in disbelief. His eyes nearly popped out of his head.

She smirked evilly as Cobra Starship’s Good Girls Go Bad began to play. “Drake,” she simply said.

She and Alex started dirty dancing along to the song, making Drake full of jealously. But Drake was far from Sara’s mind. All she could think of was Alex. And how she was so close to him, as they were practically feeling each other up. She felt herself just getting lost in the music.

When the song finished, they stared at each other amazed, and breathless. They were both thinking the same thing. Was there something between them? Or did they get lost in the music, just forgetting they were trying to make jealous?

“Damn Sara, I didn’t know you could move like that,” Drake said, looking at her stunned.

“Well there’s a lot you don’t know about me,” she glared at him, with Alex right behind her.

“Like what?” he asked smug. “We went our for four years.”

“Like the fact that I don’t like to be cheated on. Or how about the fact the I can pack a punch.”

Before he could answer, she sucker punched him right in the nose. He fell down, and groaned in pain. He held his nose, which was now bleeding.

Alex stared at her amazed. Truth be told, she was shocked too. She didn’t even know she had it in her.

“You bitch!” he cursed.

“Yeah, and you’re a fucking man whore. Deal with it. Come on Alex, let’s go.”

He followed behind her as they made their way out of the club.

“That was fucking awesome Sara!” Alex yelled out.

She smiled in delight. She felt like she was on a pure adrenaline rush. “I know, I didn’t know I could do that!” She jumped on Alex and hugged him. They laughed, and he spun her around.

He stopped and put her down. They stared at each other with the hugest smiles, their faces so close together. Alex couldn’t take it anymore. After all these years, he just had to kiss her. He leaned in for the kiss. Just when their lips brushed, they were interrupted by a drunk Jack.

Alex made a mental note to hurt him later.
♠ ♠ ♠
Haha sorry for the cliffhanger. But it's getting pretty late right now, and I'm very tired.

Thanks to Samantha for making me an amazing banner. I'll put it up very soon =]

So, comment's are loved as usual! =D