Sequel: Say You Remember Me

Say You Love Me Damon Salvatore

Introduction

I was a city gal. I had chocolate brown hair and hazel eyes. I wasn't very popular in school. I had a mind of my own. I was stubborn as hell. Completely not his type of girl. But I'm getting ahead of myself, aren't I?
My name is Olivia Ashwern. But everyone calls me Liv or Livy. I'm seventeen, I live in a suburb in L.A. And...everyone was out to get me. I'm not being melo dramatic either, I'm serious. Everyone at school absolutely hates me. I knew why, too. My mom was the principle. Oh, yeah. And she was harsh too. Just because I stayed out of trouble and never had to be sent to her office, kids thought I was getting special treatment and....badda bing badda boom, I'm the most wanted teenager in school. Which is...kinda cool, actually.
My best friends, Stephanie and Juliet, were by my side, though. Juliet's current boyfriend of two weeks, Roy, was not. She dated high society boys. In other words, popular ones. That sucked so, so bad, too, because he got the inside scoop. What I was afraid of and what not. I'm sure Jewels didn't mean to spill the beans.
Stephanie was different, however. She was more of a Goth girl, though more punkish. A very funny girl. Extremely tomboyish, never wore anything frilly and never said anything stupid. She was smarter than she looked.
And me....I'm the strong, silent type. Kinda suffer on my own. I rarely cry and tend to hide my emotions in a shell. Everyone hates it when I do that. But I don't really mean to, it's just my way. Some girls cry to relieve pain, I just....hide it. But there was always one way to get things down. My book. I don't like calling it a diary or a journal, cause that's gay. For me, anyway. I call it my book, though I suppose it is a diary, as much as I hate to admit it.
Little did I know, all my popularity status would change when he showed up. Again, I'm getting ahead of myself.
It was one of those really bad days. Not only was it pouring down rain, but I had woken up late, lost my homework, and my car had broken down.....again. My clothes were drench and my sneakers squeaked against the newly mopped floor. Poor Mr. Garber (the janitor), he'd have to clean again. Then, above everything, while I was running to biology, I slipped and fell hard on my back.
My mouth was open mutely, and it was all I could do to not yell out in pain. I lay there for about a minute before black boots stopped right at my head. Hesitantly, thinking it might be a teacher, I looked up. But the shoes were like any other teenager's in school. I breathed a sigh of relief when a hand came down to help me up. Thankful, I took the offer and stood rather wobbly.
"Erm....thanks..." I stammered.
He was tall, maybe half a foot taller than me. He looked Italian. His hair was dark and straight, but dry. Maybe he got here before the rain? Tough I found that impossible because it was raining since earlier this morning and he didn't seem to have an umbrella.
When he smirked wolfishly. "Rather embarrassing."
"Yeah, I guess," I shrugged, not really embarrassed at all.
"Well, that's what you get for running on wet floors," he chuckled and walked away.
I stared after him in confusion. "Okay....that was weird," I murmured to myself before realizing I was still late. Mr. Leeche would ship me to my mother's office for sure. Even the teachers were trying to find ways to get me into trouble.
I practically thrust open the biology room, everyone looking at the girl who looked like a drown rat. "Sorry," I panted, taking my seat next to Drew, a blond hair boy who liked me more than others of his kind.
"What'd you do? Walk to school?" he whispered.
I nodded. "Partway, at least. My car's on the side of the road."
Drew grinned. "Again?"
Yeah, okay, this sort of thing happened frequently. It was embarrassing. Almost, anyway. It was life, shit happens and then you have to walk to school. Life goes on.
I sighed. "Yeah, again."
When biology was over, I caught up with Stephanie and Juliet for Trigg. Stephanie was in those baggy black pants with her favorite, scuffed up combat boots. Her raven hair was askew, hanging on her shoulders. Juliet's blond curls were perfect, as usual. Half pinned back, showing off her green iris'.
"What's on the agenda today?" Juliet asked excitedly, extremely energetic this morning, as it appeared.
I shrugged. "I don't really care." So long as Roy didn't come, I wanted to add.
Juliet made an excited bounce. "Great, I'll think of something."
I wasn't really in the mood to do anything but go home, but if Jewels was...That's when I remembered, almost gleefully, "My car broke down again today, so I gotta go take it into the shop."
"Aw, bummer," Juliet whined. "Well...maybe tomorrow?"
I shrugged. "Maybe."
Juliet was about to add something when she made an excited shrill, snatching the flyer from the wall. "Oh, my God! I completely forgot prom was next week! Oh, my God....who am I gonna take?.....Oh, my God, Livy, who're you going with?"
My nose bunched and I shook my head. "I'm not going."
Juliet's mouth dropped. "C'mon, Liv, why not?"
"It's just prom. Not that big of a deal."
"Hey, Liv, I'm going," Steph interjected.
"With who?"
"Kurt Thompson."
"I knew it!" Juliet shrieked. "I knew you guys had a thing for eachother!"
Steph shrugged. "He asked so I said yes."
"See, Liv, now you have to go!" Jewels pressed.
I walked passed them to my next class. "I'm not talking about this anymore."
Unfortunately, Juliet was in this class with me and there was no stopping her from talking my ear off about prom all the way to our seats. I was looking over homework when I realized Juliet had finally shut up. I looked around. All the girls were staring at the door. And there, in the doorway, was my Italian rescuer. He seemed pretty pleased with himself for catching the attention of every girl in class as he sat down, unfortunately, in front of me.
While the girls were still drooling, I rolled my eyes, unimpressed, and checked over my homework once again.
He's gonna get it! Juliet wrote on a piece of paper to me.
I rolled my eyes, writing back, I'm sorry, don't you have a boyfriend?
I'm about to have a new one! Oh, honey he's a babe! Juliet wrote back.
I threw the note across the room, irritated. Why did every girl have to go after the new guy? He was a jerk, anyway. I mean, sure he helped me up, but he wasn't very charming about it.
After class, ignoring the cluster of girls around the new guy, I practically stormed out, actually looking forward to my next class, hoping Italian Stallion wasn't in it. It was ridiculous! All that fuss over some guy they don't even know? Matters would only get worse because prom was next week. If he hadn't been so rude and arrogant, I might have felt sorry for him.
"You're in high spirits."
I gasped, dropping my books everywhere. Groaning, I bent down to pick them up only to find the Italian was helping. "I've got it," I snapped.
"Aren't we vicious," he chuckled.
I glared at him and, once my books were gathered, promptly walked away.
"And you thought I was rude," he mumbled, still following me.
I was not being rude! I was just giving him a taste of his own medicine, that's all. "Why're you following me?"
"I didn't catch your name."
"Slip And Fall. What's it matter to you?"
"That's an odd name," he muttered, but I could hear the grin in his voice.
I whirled around. "I don't like being followed."
He smirked wolfishly. "I'll try to remember that next time."
"No! No next time! Leave. Me. Alone!" I spun back around, walking fast.
There wasn't even a pause when I heard his heavy boots behind me. "Only if you give me your name."
"You first, Romeo," I retorted hotly.
"Fine, if you insist." I rolled my eyes, but he actually continued. "Damon Salvatore."
"Keira Knightly," I muttered.
"That's a bit unfair. I told you my name."
"I never said I'd tell you mine."
To my surprise, he stopped in front of me, giving me a stunning smirk no woman could refuse. Except me, of course.
"Promise to leave me alone?"
Damon shook his head. "That would require me to actually keep my promise."
"What's so interesting about me?" I tested.
"Not many women refuse me," Damon admitted shamelessly.
I glared at him, even angrier than before. "Well, I am. Now get out of my way."
It wasn't until some girl gasped that I realized how quiet it was. Turning very slowly, which I regretted very seriously, I saw it. Everyone was staring at me and Damon. My cheeks flushed, but not out of embarrassment. Pure frustration. Of course everyone would be watching! Why wouldn't they be watching the new Italian stud? God damnit, I just wanted to kill everyone in that room; especially Damon Salvatore!
"Damon, c'mon, knock it off," someone said behind me.
I spun around. He was new, too. Oh, great. And Italian. And all the girls were already drooling. He looked a lot like Damon, actually. Brothers, maybe? I mean, if they were both new and both Italian, what were the chances they weren't brothers?
Much to my amusement, and all the other girls' disappointment, his arm was linked around the waist of a gorgeous blonde haired girl with dazzling blue eyes. I suddenly grew very self conscious.
The girl raised a pencil thin brow to Damon and he sighed. "I guess I'll get your name later, then," he said to me before walking away with the other Italian boy. The class seemed to be on the move.
The blonde girl walked daintily over to me, an apologetic look in her eyes as she smiled kindly. "You'll have to excuse Damon. He's sort of...obnoxious today."
"Really," I mumbled.
The girl extended a hand. "I'm Elena."
I shook her hand, almost saying my name, but back tracked. "You won't tell him if I tell you my name, right?"
Elena giggled and shook her head. "No."
"Good. I'm Olivia."
"Nice to meet you," Elena looked over her shoulder to the Italians. "I should probably go, though. If Damon bothers you again--"
"I can handle it."
I thought I saw a doubtful look in Elena’s blue eyes as she left. But maybe that was just me.
I felt my arm being yanked practically out of it's socket. "Juliet, stop!"
The excited teenager didn't bother to loosen her grip on my arm. "Oh, my God! I can't believe you talk to him!"
I rolled my eyes. "Oh, brother." And started walking away.
"No, really! You are so lucky! He went straight toward you after class! He wouldn't even talk to us," Juliet didn't bother keeping out her jealousy. "Maybe he'll go to prom with you!"
"Juliet, stop! I'm not going to prom and I'm certainly not going with that dick head!" I snapped and stormed away.
If that had only been the end of Damon Salvatore
♠ ♠ ♠
For those of you that don't know, this is fan fiction spin off of the Vampire Diaries, by L.J. Smith, and I do not own the characters Damon Salvatore, Stefan Salvatore, and Elena Gilbert!