Sequel: Say You Remember Me

Say You Love Me Damon Salvatore

The Pandemonium

Quarter to nine and I was still digging through my closet for something to wear. I would have to be at the Pandemonium at ten for sound check, and it took half an hour to get there. Juliet and Steph were picking at my clothes, a concentrated look on their faces.

“Girly rock or just rock?” Jewels asked suddenly.

“What do you mean?” I said, flat ironing my hair.

“Like, mini skirt or rock dress or jeans and T-shirt?” she clarified.

I could laugh. “I don’t have much mini skirts or ‘rock dresses’. I guess,” I walked over to their pile of clothes picked from my closet, abandoning my flat iron. “maybe those black skinny jeans, that red Kiss shirt and…..”

“It’s a rock concert, Livy!” Juliet whined. “You’ve got to wear more complicated outfits than that!”

I growled in frustration. “I don’t dress complicated, though! I keep it all simple!”

Jewels sifted through a category of clothes. She snatched a red plaid mini skirt, black fishnets, a black fishnet tank top, and a red long sleeved shirt covered in holes. “Put this over the black shirt, do you still have those converse that go to your knee?”

I nodded. “Yeah…”

“Wear those; um…do you still have those colored hair extensions I got for you last year?”

“Yeah, but—“

“Okay, then, you’re all set! Now all you have to do is get dressed!”

I glanced at the red hole shirt. “I’m not wearing that.”

Juliet growled. “Fine, just wear the black, then. I’ve got some accessories you can wear, too.”

“Like?” I tried not to wince as I asked this. Juliet’s ‘accessories’ were so preppy…

She rolled her eyes and sighed. “I was going to save this for later, but….” She pulled out a plastic bag from Hot Topic. “Got you some goodies.”

I squealed like a girl, hugging Jewels and snatching the bag. “Thank you!” In the bag was a black choker with rhinestones, red and black band bracelets, gold loop earrings with Rock in the middle of one and Roll on the other, a Triple Fleur De Lis ring for two fingers, a long chain necklace with vampire fangs on it—I thought this one was a bit much, seeing as though Twilight ruined all vampirism for me. Obviously not for Jewels—a necklace that had a red plaid tie on it, and Tripp black button strap fingerless arm warmers. I looked at the jewelry with love—but unsure about the arm warmers, vamp necklace, and maybe the tie necklace.

“Okay, so you have a choice,” Jewels said excitedly. “You can wear the choker and vampire necklace, the choker itself, the vampire one itself, or the tie necklace. I personally think the tie necklace….”

I put the earrings, ring, bracelets, the arm warmers, and the choker and vamp fang necklace. “This’ll work.”

“No tie necklace?”

“I’ll wear it, Jewels,” Steph offered.

Juliet handed the necklace to Steph, giving me a resentful look. “We have our outfits picked already, now go!”

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

I looked in the mirror uncertainly. I looked cheap. I wanted to change into black skinny jeans. But Jewels insisted I looked like a rocker, even with the large amounts of black eye liner she put on me. The accessories were great, even if the arm warmers were a bit much. The red and black hair extensions looked really good, even if my hair was a little too dark to see the black.

“I’m changing the skirt—“

“No!” Juliet protested. “The skirt looks fantastic! ‘Sides, we’re gonna be late.” Jewels was dressed in a pink mini skirt, purple striped leggings, a purple tank top, and white pumps. She looked adorable and very 80’s.

Steph smiled. She, for once, wasn’t wearing Goth apparel. Well, not totally, anyway. She was wearing a dress, cutting off just above her knee. The top was like a tank top and it was black while the bottom half was a semi flowly turquoise with black checkers mixed in. For shoes, she was wearing black and turquoise pumps. Her hair was curled in a classy way, as was her makeup. Kurt must go for the classy-chick thing. It was cute that she was making an effort to change. Obviously, she ditched the necklace tie.

I rolled my eyes. “Fine, let’s just go.” We all climbed into Juliet’s lime love bug, deciding my poor truck could never make it to the Pandemonium.

I put on my IPod, listening to the playlist of songs we were singing. I paid special attention to My Immortal and Fully Alive, being as though I was singing those. Well, I was singing all of them, but mainly these two. Changes wouldn’t be difficult and neither would Broken, since Zack was taking the lead on those two. It didn’t calm my nerves any.

Juliet elbowed my rib. “Aw, c’mon, you know you’ll do just fine.”

“Shut up and drive,” I said playfully.

Juliet giggled, turning her eyes back to the road.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Behind the curtain, I could hear the shouts of the crowd. I was going to puke. Sound check went perfect, everyone practiced perfectly, there was a crowd….So why did I feel like I was about to faint? My palms were sweaty and I almost felt feverish. I looked at Delaney, you nodded at me as if to say ‘you’re gonna do great.’ Paul, Zack, and Lane gave me similar looks. Easy for them to say, they had performed for a crowd before. But Delaney assured me I couldn’t see anyone’s face, that the lights would block all faces out except for silhouettes.

We were set to begin with Fully Alive, then My Immortal, Broken, and ending with Changes.

The curtain was drawn and the crowd cheered enthusiastically. Oh God….Oh, God, the crowd….hundreds of people….o my God, I couldn’t do this…Then I heard Zack announcing us.

“What’s up?!” he said excitedly into the mic. “As you all know, our band is F.I.R.E and we’ve recruited our lead singer, Liv Ashwern!”

I gave a nod to the cheering crowd. Zack gave me the knowing nod. Oh, God. My hands trembled against the mic I was holding with a death grip. “Alright, guys. For our first song we’ll be singing Fully Alive, by Flyleaf.” I nodded to Zack, who started playing.

I took a deep breath, and….”Telling Layla’s story spoken
‘Bout how all her bones are broken
Hammers fall on all the pieces
Two months in the cover creases

Fully alive
More than most
Ready to smile and love life
Fully alive
And she knows
How to believe in futures

All my complaints shrink to nothing
I’m ashamed of all my somethings
She’s glad for one day of comfort
Only because she has suffered

Fully alive
More than most
Ready to smile and love life
Fully alive
And she knows
How to believe in futures

Fully alive
More than most
Ready to smile and love life
Fully alive
And she knows
How to believe in futures

Fully alive
More than most
Ready to smile and love life
Fully alive
And she knows
How to believe in futures

Fully alive
More than most
Ready to smile and love life
Fully alive
And she knows
How to believe in futures.”

The crowd cheered wildly as I tried to catch my breath. Jeeze, Lacey Mosley has some lungs! But did I get a rest? No! Two minutes after we finished Fully Alive, they started playing My Immortal. Once again, I took a deep breath.

“I'm so tired of being here, suppressed by all my childish fears
And if you have to leave, I wish that you would just leave
Your presence still lingers here and it won't leave me alone

These wounds won't seem to heal, this pain is just too real
There's just too much that time cannot erase

When you cried, I'd wipe away all of your tears
When you'd scream, I'd fight away all of your fears
And I held your hand through all of these years
But you still have all of me

You used to captivate me by your resonating light
Now, I'm bound by the life you left behind
Your face it haunts my once pleasant dreams
Your voice it chased away all the sanity in me

These wounds won't seem to heal, this pain is just too real
There's just too much that time cannot erase

When you cried, I'd wipe away all of your tears
When you'd scream, I'd fight away all of your fears
And I held your hand through all of these years
But you still have all of me

I've tried so hard to tell myself that you're gone
But though you're still with me, I've been alone all along

When you cried, I'd wipe away all of your tears
When you'd scream, I'd fight away all of your fears
And I held your hand through all of these years
But you still have all of me, me, me.”

I was surprised at the loud cheer from this one. But time for a break. Again, we waited two minutes before starting Broken.

Zack sang in his best Seether voice. “I wanted you to know I love the way you laugh
I wanna hold you high and steal your pain away
I keep your photograph and I know it serves me well
I wanna hold you high and steal your pain

'Cause I'm broken when I'm lonesome,” I began singing the harmony here.
“And I don't feel right when you're gone away

You've gone away, you don't feel me, here anymore.”

Zack gave me a nod and I took a deep breath. Amy Lee was seemingly a breeze for me. “The worst is over now and we can breathe again
I wanna hold you high, you steal my pain away
There's so much left to learn, and no one left to fight
I wanna hold you high and steal your pain.”

Then we both sang again.

“'Cause I'm broken when I'm open
And I don't feel like I am strong enough
'Cause I'm broken when I'm lonesome
And I don't feel right when you're gone away

'Cause I'm broken when I'm open
And I don't feel like I am strong enough
'Cause I'm broken when I'm lonesome
And I don't feel right when you're gone away

'Cause I'm broken when I'm lonesome
And I don't feel right when you're gone away

You've gone away
You don't feel me here anymore.”

If I was surprised by the first crowd cheers, this was the best. I gave Zack a bright smile. Last, but not least, for our encore, Changes.

I still don't know what I was waiting for
And my time was running wild
A million dead-end streets
Every time I thought I'd got it made
It seemed the taste was not so sweet
So I turned myself to face me
But I've never caught a glimpse
Of how the others must see the faker
I'm much too fast to take that test

Ch-ch-ch-ch-Changes
(Turn and face the strain)
Ch-ch-Changes
Don't want to be a richer man
Ch-ch-ch-ch-Changes
(Turn and face the strain)
Ch-ch-Changes
Just gonna have to be a different man
Time may change me
But I can't trace time

I watch the ripples change their size
But never leave the stream
Of warm impermanence and
So the days float through my eyes
But still the days seem the same
And these children that you spit on
As they try to change their worlds
Are immune to your consultations
They're quite aware of what they're going through

“Ch-ch-ch-ch-Changes
(Turn and face the strain)
Ch-ch-Changes
Don't tell t hem to grow up and out of it
Ch-ch-ch-ch-Changes
(Turn and face the strain)
Ch-ch-Changes
Where's your shame
You've left us up to our necks in it
Time may change me
But you can't trace time

Strange fascination, fascinating me
Changes are taking the pace I'm going through

Ch-ch-ch-ch-Changes
(Turn and face the strain)
Ch-ch-Changes
Oh, look out you rock 'n rollers
Ch-ch-ch-ch-Changes
(Turn and face the strain)
Ch-ch-Changes
Pretty soon you're gonna get a little older
Time may change me
But I can't trace time
I said that time may change me
But I can't trace time.”

“Thank you very much! This is F.I.R.E!” Zack said breathlessly.

I smiled at the crowd, completely full of myself. What had I been worried about? I was fantastic! While I was feeling all giddy inside, a face appeared in the crowd, one I had been dreading.

Damon Salvatore smirked at me, his black eyes glistening with mischief.
♠ ♠ ♠
OMG! Finally!! Went on vacation, though♥ that was awesom, so I'm half not sorry I haven't updated! Getting on writing chapter 12, written the more juicy part already, but I gotta go back & re-do it, make it better. Anyway, y'all better like this!