Sequel: Say You Remember Me

Say You Love Me Damon Salvatore

The Salvatore&Ashwern Scandal

Monday surprised me. A lot of random people came up to me, talking about the gig at the Pandemonium, saying things like, “O.MG, you totally rocked” or “Will you be staying with F.I.R.E?” and “When’s your next gig?” and one, shocking, “We totally want your autograph no for when you get famous!” And I wasn’t modest enough not to be smug at this.

When everyone had stopped going up to me, I was only a little relieved. It was pretty neat, I’ve got to say, to have ‘fans’. Oh, but then there were the times where I’d spot Damon just staring at me, all knowing like. I’ve got to tell you, I kind of, sort of, really wanted to take him into the empty gym and get everything over with. Well, maybe I wanted to do it other than just wanting to get over with his blackmailing, not that I would ever tell anyone.

Great, the one girl who was immune to his charm just got struck. I could hear people now, telling their friends, “Tell everyone the only girl who has ever resisted Damon Salvatore has given in! All hope in the world is lost!”

This sucked.

Whatever, I was able to study my biology notes while walking to my class. Mrs. Sanders promised a big test today, one I didn’t study for. Juliet was talking to me, saying how she would finally pass a test and I wouldn’t. Wow, the world really was going to change just by newfound munity to Damon Salvatore. Damn him.

“Liv, watch—“

Juliet’s warning was a bit late. I collided with someone else, my book and biology papers going everywhere. “Ah, shit,” I mumbled. I looked up to apologize when, surprise, surprise, it was Damon. I was going to tell him to get the hell out of my way, to tell him to stop following me all the time. But last night’s conversation floated back into my mind, with more meaning than I had accepted. I felt like I should zip my hoodie or something.

Damon smirked before bending down to collect my flyaway papers. “You sure are clumsy these days.”

I wanted to glower at him. Instead I bent down to help with my papers. “Maybe.” I moved my head to look at him, but he surprised me by giving my lips a soft kiss. I stared at him and he smirked, handing me my biology papers. I didn’t exactly know what to say so, mutely, I took my papers and watched him leave. It was so quiet, I almost thought I was just tuning all the other noises out.

But then I looked up. A small crowd had stopped what they were doing and were staring at me, some giggling whispers into eachothers’ ears. Even Juliet was speechless. I was going to kill Damon.

I got up, glaring at everyone to hide my blush, and started to biology proudly. Well, at least as proudly as I could muster, anyway.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~

After biology, word had gotten to Steph and before I knew it, she and Jewels were dragging me to the restroom.

Two girls were fixing their makeup. “Out,” Steph ordered.

“You can’t tell us what to do,” one of them snorted.

“Get out,” I said, my voice angry and frustrated.

The one girl had a smug look on her face and I was guessing she was going to say something nasty, but her friend grabbed her arm and muttered, “Let’s go.” On their way out, I heard the other girl say, “That’s Damon Salvatore’s girlfriend! We want to be on good terms with her, duh!”

I felt like bashing my head on the wall.

“Why didn’t you tell me?” Steph exploded.

“Tell you what?” I asked tiredly, rubbing my forehead.

“That something did happen with you and Salvatore Saturday night.”

“Actually, it was Sunday morning,” I corrected, remembering Damon’s words.

“Whatever! Same day! What happened, Liv?”

Juliet bit her lip nervously, or even anxiously.

I sighed. “We danced—“

“You told us that already!” Juliet whined.

“Shh,” Steph scolded her. She looked at me to continue. I blew the hair out of my face in frustration. “Then we were kinda talking, being stupid, and….” I closed my eyes tight in a grimace, heat flooding to my cheeks. “We started making out behind the building.”

Juliet gasped and giggled while Steph did a ‘uh-huh’. “I knew something like that had to have happened,” she said.

“So why did you ask?” I was almost glaring at her, madder at myself, though.

“Because, Liv, I wanted you to tell me. Not some random girl squealing that Salvatore had a new girlfriend.”

My fists clenched. “I’m not his girlfriend.”

“Not yet,” Jewels giggled.

“Ugh! Let’s just eat lunch, okay?”

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

The cafeteria was abuzz with the new ‘Salvatore and Ashwern Scandal’. I tried my best to ignore them, so did Jewels. I was so proud of her for not engaging into the new rumor. Only this one was more accurate. Damon knew how to play, even if it was dirty. Kissing me in front of everyone so they would say we were together, therefore it wouldn’t be a secret if we to ‘get together’? So, so low. And yet so admiringly crafty.

I glanced at where he stood, leaning against the wall with a sly smirk on his face. He caught me staring at him and smirked wider. I looked away. There were whispers from the girls behind me, who had been watching my every move, along with Damon’s.

“She’s just being rebellious,” I heard one of them saying. “She’s only going out with him to piss her mom off. I mean, I would too if my mom were the principle.”

Oh, the hell with it. “Hold this?” I asked Jewels, handing her my food tray.

“Yeah, sure, but where—“

“Later,” I said, walking away. Heads turned to watch me, but I ignored them. I was going to be done with this bologna. Tomorrow’s latest scandal would be even better, one I could cope with.

‘Salvatore and Ashwern Break it Off’. Now that was music to my ears.

I marched right to Damon and grabbed his arm. “C’mon.”

He followed, still smirking. Once we were in the abandoned hallway, he said, “Really, in a school? Aren’t you naughty.”

I glared at him. “I just want this over with.”

“Can’t take the publicity?”

I took a deep breath and opened the door the gym. “No. Shut up.” Without any other words, I grabbed him by the collar of his leather jacket and kissed him. Damon grabbed my waist and lifted my shirt over my head. I removed his jacket with somewhat shaky hands.

Oh, come on, Liv, I thought. It’s not like you’re doing this with the most hideous guy in the world. He’s absolutely gorgeous, and every girl in the state wants him. They’d kill to be in your position.

But that’s the thing. Even seeing his muscular bare chest, still, and making out with him, I still wasn’t like the other girls.

You used to be, the voice in the back of my head was saying.

Flashback-

Jeremy Huygens was the hottest guy in the tenth grade. Every girl wanted him. And I had him. We went to Karen Bailey’s party Saturday night and got really drunk. I did, anyway, and that was enough for Jeremy.

We were in one of the upstairs bedrooms, making out on the bed.

I giggled like a foolish girl. “Oh my God, Jer, you barely give me any air to breathe.”

He chuckled, an animal-like glint in his amber eyes. “I thought you liked that?”

I smiled. “I do.” But in my head, I was still only fifteen, even if my birthday was only a few months away, and Jeremy was still two and a half years older than me. I wasn’t ready to have sex. And I wanted to tell Jeremy that, but I knew he’d probably break up with me and I’d be the laughing stock of the school. We lived in New York at the time, so everyone was very ‘big’ news.

“Hey, Jer,” I said, catching my breath a little.

“What?” he said while kissed my neck.

“Jer, I love you,” I wasn’t even sure of it until I said so. But now that I had, I knew I did. And if this was really happening, it was important he knew how I felt.

He chuckled. “Sure, kid.”

Silent tears fell from the sides on my face. His ‘sure kid’ sure felt like a ‘whatever, just shut up’ to me. But did that make me stop him?

No.

Now-

I pushed Damon away. “I can’t do this,” I said breathlessly. Before he could say anything else, I threw on my shirt and ran out of the gym.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ugh, not yet, huh? Well, at least you have a hint on who Liv's mysterious caller is, teehee