Sequel: Say You Remember Me

Say You Love Me Damon Salvatore

It's a Date

I turned around, the hair on my neck rising. “What?”

“What? Seriously, what is all you have to say to me after we almost—“

“Yes,” I said, saving myself the embarrassment of having him say what almost happened Monday evening. “Okay, what is all I have to say to you. Now what do you want?”

Damon folded his arms over his chest. “I come to collect.”

I rolled my eyes and started walking away—toward the exit. I had no tolerance for socializing in school lately. Today was no different. “Well, collect later. Or better yet never!”

Damon followed me. “Very sassy for someone who hasn’t showed her face in days.”

“I’ve been sick,” I said through clenched teeth.

“Uh-huh. That’s what every woman says after a day in the gym with me. Well, not always a gym but—“

“Hey,” I spun around, fists clenched. “Why don’t you take your arrogance to some other girl, ‘k? You aren’t gettn’ any from me.” With that, I started back to my destination.

Damon chuckled, still following me. “You think too much.”

“You don’t think enough,” I mumbled.

He heard that and laughed. “You have got some cheek, Hey,” he grabbed my arm, forcing me to face him. “We’d be a great couple.”

I raised a brow. “I thought you were against long-term relationships?”

“Oh,” he said with mock disappointment. “Yeah…Forgot. Oh, well, the thought was fun while it lasted.”

“You’re a dick,” I said, trying to turn away.

Damon pulled me back. “Why do you care so much?”

“I don’t.”

He laughed. “Sure you do.”

“I do—“

He waved me off. “Sure, whatever you say. Anyway, moving on.”

I glared at him.

Damon gave me a dazzling smirk. “You know, you look really cute when you’re mad at me.”

“Hasn’t anyone ever been mad at you before?”

“Plenty people have been mad at me,” he said with a bitter laugh. “I don’t think any girl has been mad at me for as long as you have.”

“Well, ain’t that special.”

“Your resistance for my charm won’t last that much longer, you know.”

“Is that so?”

“Yes, ma’am.”

“And how do you figure?”

“I always know.”

“Oh, so women do resist you?”

“I never said that.”

“You implied it,” I said.

He sighed, still grinning. “Only you, my dear. Well, and……” he cleared his throat. “But that was barely even called resisting and there was another man involved.”

I fluttered my eyelashes like I was infatuated with him. “Isn’t there always?”

“Hmm,” he smiled crookedly.

“Alright, well….you finished with me?”

“You know when I’ll be finished with you.”

“You’re disgusting.”

He shrugged. “Whatever you like.”

I actually smirked at this. He wasn’t being disgusting or insulting; he was flirting and wasn’t watching what he said, like he normally did. Well, watched what he said when he was trying to win me over, anyway.

“What’s the smile for?”

“I gotta go,” I said, trying to hide my mouth. “Let go?”

He did. “See you soon?”

I started walking backwards so I could still see his expression. “Mmm…maybe. You can pick me up at seven.”

“What am I picking you up for?”

“It’s a date!” I called, before running the rest of the way to the door and fled to my car, grinning like an idiot. Well, if I learned one thing today it was that Damon was right about everything. My resistance for him wouldn’t last much longer.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~**~*~*~*~*~*

“You’re going a what with who?” Juliet screamed.

I pulled the phone away from my ear. “Okay, that’s it, I’m putting you guys on speaker phone.” I had Steph on three way calling.

“When did you decide this?” Steph asked.

I examined a pink camisole. “Oh, before I left school.”

“By the way, you gotta stop doing that,” Jewels said. “Your mom’s gonna get pissed.”

I threw the camisole in a random direction and took out a V-neck red t-shirt. “My mom understands.” Of course, I was leading her to believe Jeremy was the guy I was ‘hiding’ from. Which was true, but not why I left today. There’s a point when you just don’t care anymore.

“Yeah, whatever, anyway,” Jewels said. “What’re you wearing?”

“Hence the phone call. I was thinking—“

“What do you have in your hand right now?”

“A red V-neck T-shirt,” I said.

“Good, good. Wear something dark. Damon seems like he’d like that. Okay, so that, um….do you still have that tight leather jacket your mom bought you?”

“Yeah, but—“

“Wear that and dark jeans. Not super flared, but not skinny jeans either.”

I sighed. “Okay.”

“Wear that big heart pendant necklace, too!”

I bit my lip. “Jewels……”

“What? It’d look great!”

“I can’t wear that.”

“Why not?”

Because my dad gave it to me, I wanted to say. But that would start up a whole new conversation. “Nevermind. I’ll….I’ll wear it. Shoe advice?”

“Black boots!”

“Then I’m wearing skinny jeans.”

“Fine. Wear dark makeup.”

“Too dark,” Steph intervened. “It makes her look sleazy and easy. Wear darkish eye makeup but clear gloss for your lips.”

“’K,” I said. “Alright, thanks guys I’m gonna let you go.”

“Wait, hair?”

“Flat ironed and down. Simple.”

“But—“

Steph interrupted Juliet. “Simple hair is good. Hope it goes well.”

“Yeah, me too,” Jewels said. “Give us every detail. I mean it.”

I laughed. “It’s a deal. Talk to you guys later.”

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~**~*~*~*~

I opened my door, a triumphant grin on my face. I couldn’t help it. Damon had on dark blue jeans, a black T-shirt, and his leather jacket. The usual. Oh well, if I were being honest, he still looked gorgeous.

He raised a brow. “Am I taking you somewhere fancy?”

I put my hands on my hips. “I do not look fancy!”

He shrugged. “Next time, then. I’m curious to what your ‘fancy look’ is.”

Next time…I ignored the flutters in my stomach. “So, let’s go…”

He held out his arm. I gave him a doubtful smirk, but took his arm anyway. “So, where am I taking you, anyway?” he said.

I shrugged. “Anywhere.”

He smirked mischievously.

“With people,” I clarified.

“You ruin my fun.”

“Next time,” I said with a wink.

He smirked at me and opened the door of his Ferrari. This was it; my defining moment. I could turn around now and forget about dating Damon Salvatore or just do it. Do what I wanted or what everyone expected….
♠ ♠ ♠
It's kind of short, and there's a reason. I need ideas for where their date should be. Somewhere surprising(beyond what ppl would think from Damon), not super romantic but just enough, and not over cliche. Message your ideas! I'd sure appreciate them