Sequel: Say You Remember Me

Say You Love Me Damon Salvatore

No New Moon

I was on my laptop, trying to decide what to pick for F.I.R.E’s playlist. So far I had ‘I Hate Everything About You’ ‘Are You Ready’ by Three Days Grace, and ‘I Won’t Tell You’ by Lacuna Coil. I needed at least three more. It was midnight and deathly quiet. I couldn’t sleep. My mom had since gone to bad, after a very long lecture of how I shouldn’t be home alone with a boy. A few years too late, Mom.

“Olivia.”

I spun around. My heart stopped and my blood ran cold. I stared at the half shadowed figure standing before me. I couldn’t even speak.

He smirked. “Cat got your tongue?”

I would have glared at him, but I was frozen in place.

He stepped closer. “I really can’t blame you. After all,” he leaned over me, lips by my ear as he murmured, “I am going to kill you.”

I gasped.

“NO!!” I jolted upright. Sweat was pouring down my face and my breathing as labored. It had been a long time since I’d dreamt of Jeremy. Now that he’d called twice, I was even more apprehensive.

“Olivia! Time to get ready for school!” my mom shouted.

I sighed, taking a few minutes to regroup myself before I got dressed.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*

I had already gotten done with my second class and there was still no sign of Damon. Steph said I was paranoid, which I was but not about Damon. I told them about the date, and Juliet said something sappy like…’Oh, how romantic!” Well, if hurling on a guy was romantic these days that was pretty pathetic.

“So, are you guys like….boyfriend and girlfriend now?” Jewels said innocently.

“No!” I snapped, though the thought sent butterflies in my stomach.

“You should go see New Moon tonight. There’s a showing at eight,” Jewels said. “I heard it’s very romantic,” she winked.

I rolled my eyes. “I am not going to go see a dumb vampire—“

“Werewolf, too,” Jewels corrected.

“Whatever. I’m not gonna go see that with Damon. He’ll think the entire thing is stupid, which it is, but I doubt he’s into vampires.”

Juliet shrugged.

“You like him, though, huh?” Steph whispered.

I tried not to blush. The last time I liked a guy….well, loved, actually…it got me in a world full of hell. Steph and Jewels and my mom were the only ones that knew about Jeremy and I. My mom knew how long it took me to recover; we had to move because of it. I was surprised she was letting date Damon at all, or that my friends were encouraging it.

“We’re not gonna boss you around,” Steph said, reading my mind. “You date who you want, and you haven’t even looked at a guy since…”

I nodded, wanting to leave it at that. “Yeah…I’m being careful.” Actually, I wasn’t at all careful last night, I shouldn’t have drunk anything. Shit happens, but I wouldn’t make that mistake again.

Steph and Jewels nodded. “We know.” Juliet grinned. “Speaking of Salvatore…”

I turned around and saw Damon smirking at me from across the hall, leaning against the lockers. I smiled back, rolling my eyes.

“I’ll be right back,” I mumbled. Juliet giggled and I ignored her and walked over to Damon. “Hi.”

He stood straight. “Hey.”

“Um…I got your leather jacket cleaned…”

Damon laughed. “Well, that’s a relief. I can where it tonight, then.” When a quirked a brow, he stated, “Oh, you’re not out of the date yet.” Hmm, I seem to recall that I was the one who issued the date, but whatever. “I’m taking you wherever you want to go that involves people without alcohol.”

I had no idea what to do. Juliet’s suggestion ran in my mind and before I could think it over, I blurted, “We could go see New Moon. My friend said it was pretty good….”

The corners of Damon’s mouth lifted in amusement. “If that’s what you want, I would gladly take you to see New Moon.”

Ugh, I can’t believe I’m going to see New Moon. “There should be one playing at eight…Is that okay?”

“Pick up quarter ‘till.”

I nodded. The bell rang and we went our separate ways.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~*~*~*~

I had gotten my outfit together by myself this time. I was so proud. I had a black shaggy vest, a black tank with a gray bow on it, dark skinny jeans, black converse, and a red faded hoodie. For makeup, pretty dark with pinkish lipstick. Casual, but dressed up enough. I mean I hated to get dressed up for a vampire movie. The entire concept was awful.

Bella, show some ‘omg’ quality. How would anyone guess that another person was a vampire? And she wasn’t freaked at all? What the hell is wrong with her? If I found out the guy I liked was a vampire I would freak out.

Edward’s what, 117 years old? Dirty old man!

Jacob, pretty hot, I gotta say. Only reason I would see the movie, actually.

My cutting of Twilight was interrupted by the doorbell. I ran to the door before my mom could. “Going to the movies, be back around ten!” I called. I opened the door, breathless. “Hi.”

Damon took in my appearance and smirked. “Hey.”

I tried not to blush. “Alright, let’s go.”

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~

We were seated in the middle row. The trailers were pretty dumpy. Daybreakers looked retarded, sorry Ethan Hawke nothing against you I just hate all the obsession with vampires, that Kristen Bell movie looked okay, Letters to Juliet looked cliché and predictable….Even the previews were ‘bleh’. That really said something about the movie.

I think right about when Bella is having her dream in the beginning and Edward steps out sparkling was when Damon started his rants. “What the hell was wrong with vampires burning in the sunlight? Now they have to sparkle? Oh, yeah, very scary. No wonder she’s not afraid of him.”

I smiled. “I agree.”

Next was the paper cut. “Oh my God!” Everyone shooshed him. “Oh, c’mon, a paper cut? Seriously?”

Then he said something about good riddance when Edward left. I think we said it at the same time, actually. We had a lot to say on depressing, emo Bella. I don’t believe Damon liked the way I was gawking over Taylor Lautner, but whatever. He was the only good thing anyway.

Damon had a lot to say about the Volturi concept. “Why do vampires have to be governed by their own little royal vampire club? Ugh!”

I had a lot to say when Edward ripped his shirt off. “Oh my God! Put it back!” I got booed for this. Ew, sparkly, pale chest with patches of dinky hair? Not my cup of tea. Robert Pattinson, eew, ew, ew.

“Just let the dog talk!” Damon said at the end when Edward was reading Jacob’s thoughts.

We nearly ran out of the theater when the movie was over. “That was horrible,” Damon said.

I nodded. “Jake wasn’t bad,” I would go die hard for him. “But…ugh, it was just so corny and pathetic.”

“That Bella chic believes in stuff way too easily.”

“I know!”

“When did they start the sparkling thing? What happened to the ‘can’t go in house ‘less invited’ or garlic, or mirrors, holy water, bats for God’s sakes.” Damon sounded like an old man saying, ‘back in my day’.

I laughed softly. “I don’t know, but it’s pretty gay. And the garlic, holy water, and bats concepts are not missed. Whoever came up with those theories were retarded.”

Damon laughed. “I agree.” Muttering, he added, “Sparkling vampires.”

I had a feeling I was never going to live this down.

Damon walked me to my porch. “Another crappy date.”

I shrugged. “Sorry. You know…it wouldn’t really be a date, but you could go to band practice with me tomorrow if you’d like…..”

Damon smirked. “It’s a date.”

“See you at four.” As I said this, Damon was stepping closer to me.

“Hmm hmm,” he acknowledged before kissing me.

I couldn’t help it. I wrapped my arms around his neck, kissing him back. Damon’s tongue moved against my lower lip and I opened my mouth.

The door swung open and we broke apart. My mom had a pissed off look on her face. She didn’t say a word. I cleared my throat, ducking into the house. “See you.”

Damon was trying not to laugh. My mom glared at him. “’Night, ma’am,” he said before fleeing to his car.

I could burst out laughing, if my mother hadn’t been glaring at me. “You need to be more careful,” she scolded. “You hardly know this boy.”

“I’m being careful.”

“You’ve been seeing too much of him.”

Trying not to smile, I said quietly, “I like him.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapter 17! FYI, I actually do want to see the Kristen Bell movie and Letters to Juliet, not so much the Daybreakers,lol. Thought there were some funny vampire jabs in here. Sorry to Twilight fans, I'm kinda anti-Twilight--definitely anti Edward--so you'll just have to over look that,lol--also I need ideas for a playlist--message song requests for me plz!~