Sequel: Say You Remember Me

Say You Love Me Damon Salvatore

Someone's Watching Over Me

It was hard picking out the rest of my playlist. I had the Three Days Grace songs and the Lacuna Coil song on there, and I had added So Sick, by Flyleaf, Lips of an Angel, by Hinder, Don’t Stop Believing, by Journey (I knew Zack and Paul would love this song; Paul’s always playing it on the bass when he’s bored), and—though I’m not a fan of Hillary Duff, and she is not our type of music—Someone’s Watching Over Me. I would sing it differently than Hillary Duff, since my voice was completely different from hers, but it is a really good song, when you listen to the lyrics. Needless to say, I would be mocked for this choice, but I had to do it.

Damon insisted on driving me, since my truck was so unreliable. Oh, Delaney was going to love this. She was a big Ferrari fan. Poor Zack had a lot of competition.

When we pulled in, I was feeling self conscious and nervous. I turned to Damon. “Okay, so you should know I’m not perfect when I’m practicing.”

He was trying not to laugh. “Okay.”

“I’m dead serious. In fact, I kinda suck.”

He nodded, humoring me. “I have the tomatoes in the trunk.”

I rolled my eyes. “C’mon, let’s go.”

Everyone was already staring. I tried to hide my blush. What was with me these days and blushing, anyway? Delaney’s mouth was hanging open. Paul was lusting over the Ferrari. Lane was lusting over Damon. Zack was glaring at Damon because he had his girl’s interest. Poor Zack. I tried ignoring them.

I cleared my throat. “Guys this is—“

“The infamous Damon,” Delaney interrupted. She seemed to have finally noticed Damon and was certainly liking the view. “Alas we meet.”

Damon gave me a smug smirk. I rolled my eyes, sighing. “You guys don’t mind him being here, right?”

Everyone shook there heads….except Zack. I walked up to him, giving him the sheets of music. “I, um…figured you could sing Are You Ready, I Won’t Tell you with me, Lips of an Angel, and Don’t Stop Believing.”

Zack cheered up a little at the last song. “Fine by me. So you’ll be singing….” He flipped through the sheets. “So Sick, I Won’t Tell You, I Hate Everything About You, and…” he stared at me in disbelief.

“It’s not what you think! I saw the lyrics before I heard it,” I lied. The first time I’d heard it, I was watching Raise Your Voice—which, pathetically, I liked, but it was honestly a good movie. “You know me, Zack, I don’t sing like Hillary Duff.”

“Hillary Duff?” Lane screeched. “So not rock and roll!”

“Well, you pick the playlist next time,” Delaney looked over smug as I said this. “But this is what I picked and it is what we’re playing, got it?”

Everyone nodded, trying not to laugh. “Alright then, Delaney, you get to pick the order.”

“Let’s get this Duff song out of the way.”

I grinned. “Okay.” I made a mental note not to watch Damon while I sang.

“Found myself today
Oh I found myself and ran away
Something pulled me back
The voice of reason I forgot I had
All I know is you're not here to say
What you always used to say
But it's written in the sky tonight

So I won't give up
No I won't break down
Sooner than it seems life turns around
And I will be strong
Even if it all goes wrong
When I'm standing in the dark I'll still believe
Someone's watching over me

Seen that ray of light
And it's shining on my destiny
Shining all the time
And I wont be afraid
To follow everywhere it's taking me
All I know is yesterday is gone
And right now I belong
To this moment to my dreams

So I won't give up
No I won't break down
Sooner than it seems life turns around
And I will be strong
Even if it all goes wrong
When I'm standing in the dark I'll still believe
Someone's watching over me

It doesn't matter what people say
And it doesn't matter how long it takes
Believe in yourself and you'll fly high
And it only matters how true you are
Be true to yourself and follow your heart

So I won't give up
No I won't break down
Sooner than it seems life turns around
And I will be strong
Even if it all goes wrong
When I'm standing in the dark I'll still believe
That I won't give up
No I won't break down
Sooner than it seems life turns around
And I will be strong
Even when it all goes wrong
When I'm standing in the dark I'll still believe
That someone's watching over
Someone's watching over
Someone's watching over me

Someone's watching over me.”

I don’t mean to be arrogant, but damn that was way better than I thought it would be. From the looks on the rest of the band’s faces, I could tell they agreed.

“Got somethn’ ya wanna say to me, Zack?” I said.

He rolled his eyes. “Okay, fine, that was a pretty good choice of song.”

“Thank you. Now, we can continue,” I winked at Damon, who was leaned against the wall with a smirk on his face.

Zack got to sing his Journey song—him and Paul both proclaimed their utter love for me—then we struggled with I Won’t Tell You for a bit, but eventually got it, Zack was natural at Are You Ready and Lips of an Angel, and we had a bit of trouble instrumentally on So Sick.

“Okay, Liv,” Delaney said. “Let’s see how you are at Three Days Grace.”

I shrugged. “Fine.” Into the mic, I added, “Bored yet, Damon?”

He smirked. “Not yet.”

“Good.” I was actually pretty nervous about singing this in front of Damon. I wondered if he saw right through me; that when I picked this song, I was thinking of him and I.

“Every time we lie awake
After every hit we take
Every feeling that I get
But I haven’t missed you yet

Every roommate kept awake
By every sigh and scream we make
All the feelings that I get
But I still don’t miss you yet

Only when I stop to think about it

I hate everything about you
Why do I love you
I hate everything about you
Why do I love you

Every time we lie awake
After every hit we take
Every feeling that I get
But I haven’t missed you yet

Only when I stop to think about it

I hate everything about you
Why do I love you
I hate everything about you
Why do I love you

Only when I stop to think
About you, I know
Only when you stop to think
About me, do you know

I hate everything about you
Why do I love you
You hate everything about me
Why do you love me

I hate
You hate
I hate
You love me

I hate everything about you
Why do I love you.”

Wow, so much weirder with a girl singing it. Might have to have Zack sing it, I thought. But when I looked at everyone else, I could see they disagreed.

“Well, Liv nails it again,” Paul chuckled.

I took a chance and glanced at Damon. He had a thoughtful look on his face. I couldn’t tell if that was good or bad. Before I could approach him, Lane and Delaney pounced.

“How long have you had your car?”

“You free Saturday night?”

“I gotta tell ya, you look even better close up,” This was from Delaney.

I stood dumbfounded with Paul and Zack, glaring at the other three. Okay, so Delaney and Lane had to know that this was a sort of date if I brought another guy here. Yet they’re total back stabbers.

Ugh, like I care. All men are the same.

I turned to Paul and Zack. “So, I’ll see you guys…”

Zack was shooting daggers at Damon. Paul spoke up. “Monday. I got the gig at Edie’s next Friday night.”

I wish I could have been more excited. “Okay, see you then.” I marched out without informing Damon that we were leaving. But before I could open my door, he opened it, giving me a dazzling grin. I frowned at him and got it.

We drove in silence until he parked by my house. “Liv…”

I pretended to fumble with something in my bag. “Yeah.”

“Hey,” he held my chin with his hand, forcing me to look up. “This date was the most successful, I think.”

“I’ll bet.”

His eyes narrowed. “Why’re you mad at me?”

Did he really just say that? “Why would anyone be mad at Damon Salvatore?”

He searched my eyes. He laughed. “You’re jealous!”

Heat rose to my cheeks. “I’m not jealous.”

“You should know you’re a horrible liar, Liv.”

“I’m not lying! And if you wanna date my band members, I don’t give a damn. But I’ve gotta go, so see ya—“

Damon reached over and closed the door just as I opened it. “You’re being a bit unfair, don’t you think?”

“Why do you care if I’m being unfair? You’re only humoring this whole date thing because you want to check me off your ‘not able to refuse Damon Salvatore’ list.”

Damon sighed, but he didn’t argue.

My jaw was clenched. I hadn’t realized until that moment that I had thought he actually had a spark of interest in me besides my body. But I guess I was wrong once again.

When I opened the door, Damon let me go this time. I ran up to the porch. The door was unlocked. I locked it when I got inside, though.

God, I’m so stupid! I might have been wrong about Delaney and Lane, but I wasn’t wrong with him wanting just sex from me. I don’t know why it made my chest hurt. I knew it from the start, he told me himself. He told me that dating was ridiculous, but I had to push and why? Because I thought maybe I could prolong my sentence and I would actually want to have sex with him.

But who knew, now?

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~*~

I fell asleep on the couch, in yoga pants and a spaghetti strap tank top. When I woke up, the home phone was going off. Rubbing the sleep from my eyes, I walked to the kitchen and answered it. “Hello?”

“Half asleep? Well, that makes it easier.”

You know when you feel like screaming and crying at the same time but you can’t? That’s how I felt at that moment.

There was a smug chuckle. “I know you’re alone, Olivia. Be ready for me, darlin’.”

The phone clicked. I started hyperventilating.

No, no, Olivia! You can’t do this, you stupid girl! You’ve got to think straight! Okay, who can you call that could get here fast and be able to protect you? Not Jewels or Steph…not Mom….not the police….not Zack or Paul….

“Oh my God,” I grabbed the phone and dialed the never-before-used-number-for-me.

“Hello?”

I choked down the shake in my voice. “I need you to come over.”

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

I was huddled in a corner with my mom’s revolver—cocked and loaded—in my hand. There was banging on the door and I nearly shot the hell out of the wood work.

“Olivia, open the door!”

I sighed, getting up stiffly and unlocking the door with trembling fingers. He looked pissed off, but also….OH MY GOD, WAS HE CONCERNED? It didn’t even matter. He was here and he could protect me, just like he did at the nightclub the other night.

“What’s going on? Why do you have a gun?” He led me back into the house, closing and locking the door. “Liv? Olivia?” He shook me a little.

I looked up at his face, tears blurring my vision. I had no control of my vulnerability, nor did I seem to care. “Just….hold me.”

And he did. I cried for a while, but he never asked again why I was emotional, why I called him over, why I wasn’t mad at him, why I had a gun.

I looked up from Damon’s shoulder and stiffened. Outside the window….it was him. He looked exactly the same. Same golden hair, same chocolate eyes, still dangerously gorgeous. He blew a kiss and mouthed, “Later, babe,” before disappearing.

I lay my head back on Damon’s shoulder, unable to cry anymore….But not unable to fear.

DAMON’S POV-
(OMG, EVERYONE SAYS FINALLY!)

Liv fell asleep sometime after we’d sat on the couch. I didn’t know what the hell her problem was, but the way she was shaking and sobbing I could have sworn it involved a vampire. But she had no marks on her. Her mind was a mess; I couldn’t get any information there.

Whatever—whoever—it was that was doing this to her, they better be sure I was coming for them.

The door was being unlocked. I was only tense for the moment it took me to realize it was Liv’s mother. Great, more trouble to deal with. Well, I’d dealt with mothers before, I could do it again.

Her face became cold as soon as she saw me. One word was in her mind; Jeremy. I didn’t know who that was, but it gave me an idea. “What are you doing in my house?”

“Liv called me over,” I stated. God, this woman’s head was like a rick wall! I couldn’t penetrate through that. Frustrating.

“Is she okay?” Concern sown in her eyes.

I nodded. “I think so…” I wasn’t sure how much Liv wanted her mother to know, so I left it at that. Funny why I even cared if I got a human “in trouble”.

“You need to leave now.”

Yeah, I figured as much. I lay Liv on the couch, kissing her forehead. I’ll find whoever it is that’s doing this to you, I wanted to tell her. Oh, and how the person will wish they’d never been born.
♠ ♠ ♠
Wow, chapter 18, can you believe it? Couldn't have done it without my readers! Thank you so much, hope you like this one! *psst* my plot is being revealed,lol