Sequel: Say You Remember Me

Say You Love Me Damon Salvatore

I Hate Everything About You

“Whooooo!!!!!!!!!!” Delaney swayed her hips to the music.

She is, what you would call, uh….stoned.

I laughed at her, along with Lane, Paul, Steph, and Jewels. Zack didn’t find it so funny….

“Delaney, calm down,” Zack mumbled.

“I shhhh, haven’ fun…don’t mesh wish meh!” she said with a slur.

I hadn’t had as much to drink; I’d only been sipping a Mike’s Hard Lemonade. But I was laughing hysterically at Delaney now. Oh, Paul was drunk, too, but Jewels got him off my hands. Multiple people came up to us, though, and said their favorite song from us was ‘I Won’t Tell You’ and ‘Diary of Jane’. Zack even signed a girl’s, well…above breast. Delaney was furiously jealous, which was Zack’s intention.

Me, I was asked out several times, more before I changed my clothes though. You wouldn’t believe how painful those boots were. Holy cow! Besides, I normally didn’t wear heels, so they were even more painful.

Zack had had enough and he took Delaney home. Paul went someone “private” to make out with these twin girls, Steph and Kurt also went somewhere, and Jewels was talking to a cute football-playing-looking guy.

I smiled to myself, sipping on my drink. Totally ditched, but feeling okay. Hey, at least I can laugh. Besides, I was about to take off, anyway. After all, Steph and I were the designated drivers.

“Hello, Olivia.”

I completely froze. A lump formed in my throat.

“Good job tonight. I didn’t know you could sing,” Jeremy chuckled.

I closed my eyes, willing this nightmare to be over. I wouldn’t even look at him…but I knew he was there.

“Nice move with your boyfriend last week. Very smooth. Didn’t expect that from helpless old you.”

I ground my teeth together. “I’m not helpless.”

He chuckled again. “Sure, you are.”

My fists clenched. He was trying to make me mad; and it was working. But it was also helping me come out of my deer-in-the-headlights phase. “So now you’re showing yourself to the general public?”

Jeremy laughed. “Honey, I’ve been showing myself in the general public. You just haven’t noticed.”

“You’re lying.”

“Is that so? Would you like more proof of how serious I am?”

I gulped, shaking my head.

“I didn’t think so,” he sighed, standing up. “You’re little boyfriend’s going before you, babe.”

I got the balls to laugh. “Yeah right, Jeremy! He’ll take you down before you even touch him!” Of course, that meant he’d have to be around.

“Is that so?”

“Incredibly so—“ I gasped as he gasped my chin, forcing me to look into his blue eyes. Before I could do a double take on my words, Jeremy pressed his lips to mine. I squirmed, trying to get out of his steel-like grasp.

He smirked and disappeared into the throng of people, leaving me stunned and defenseless. I was back to the deer-in-the-headlights.

“Um, Liv…” I could hear Juliet’s voice. Juliet…where was she when Jeremy was….then it occurred to me. She had no idea what Jeremy looked lie, and never would. Any remaining photos of Jeremy and me, I had burned. Real smart, Liv.

“Celebrating without me? Now that really is the damnest thing.”

I spun around. Well, speak of the devil. “Where’ve you been?”

“Like you care,” Damon chuckled, though I caught a serious tone in his voice. “I don’t care if you kiss any other guy, but don’t get all pissy with me.”

My fists clenched in fury. “I WAS NOT KISSING ANYONE!”

Damon crossed his arms and laughed. “Wow, you’re in a great mood.”

I grabbed my bag. “See you, Jewels.” I started walking toward the main door. Damon was following me. Great; as if I hadn’t had enough trouble tonight.

After we got outside, Damon grabbed my arm. “What the hell is your problem?”

“Oh, no problem at all. You’ve only been gone for six days without bothering to tell me where you went. No, no, everything’s great.”

Damon smirked. “Counting the days ‘till my return? Well, that’s flattering.”

“Ugh! Why do I even bother! You’re such an incredible ass!”

“Incredible being the key word, sweetheart.”

I rolled my eyes. “Let go of my arm.”

He smiled mischievously. “No.”

“Oh my God, you are so immature, let go!”

“You’re the one throwing a tantrum. Who’s the immature one now, hmm?”

“You’re impossible!”

He had a dangerously amused look on his face. “You have no idea.”

He started towing me toward his Ferrari, and I pretty much let him. “So when’re you gonna tell me what your real problem is?”

Haha, I’m a lot more stubborn than that, bub, I thought. “Never.”

He looked ready for the challenge. “We’ll see.” He opened the passenger door for me. I scowled but got in. I was going to regret that.

As soon as Damon got in, he sped away—as fast as he had the day he wanted my name. I grabbed the handle of the door, uselessly.

“Still won’t talk?”

I glanced at the speedometer. “Nope.”

Damon smirked gleefully, giving the car even more gas. We were going 100 MPH. Already my stomach was churning and I thought I’d either throw up or piss myself.

“Still?” Damon laughed, ready to go faster.

God, please no. Damon was probably the only person in the world that could make me talk. But telling him about Jeremy….did I really like him that much? But, then again, I was damn sure he’d kill us both if I didn’t say something. I didn’t have to tell him about the entire thing, did I?

“Okay, okay!” I yelled. “When I was fifteen my first boyfriend was the guy every girl wanted but he liked me and I liked him.” I was talking in a rush, hoping Damon wouldn’t hear most of it. “He was sweet….until we had sex at this party. Then he just wanted to have sex all the time, and I was too stupid—“ I gasped as Damon cut a red-light. “to refuse. I found out my friend was sleeping with him and when I tried to break up with him, he got all psycho on me.” I left out the gory details, not wanting to relive that day. “So, I told my friend, she said I was over reacting. I kept trying to break of with my boyfriend, but he’d just ignore me or get violent. I told my mom, who called the cops and had him arrested. Before he left he told me I would regret having him arrested and if I told anyone about what he did to me he’d kill me. I told two people and now he’s out of prison an he’s gonna kill me.”

I gave him a mock grin. “You happy now?”

“No,” Damon glanced at the road. “What’d he do to you?”

“Like I’m telling you.”

Damon started putting on more gas.

“Damon, please, I really rather not tell you….” I know I was begging and I knew it was low, but I couldn’t tell Damon what happened. What…really….happened.

Damon let go of the gas. “Liv?”

I sighed. “What?”

“That’s a very pathetic story. But it’s not all, is it?”

“No.”

“He was why you called me over Saturday.”

I nodded.

“And why you’re mad now.”

“Mixed with you. But yes, he’s why I was mad. He was the one kissing me. I just get so freaked, like a mouse in a cat’s jaws, an it just…” Why was I telling him this? I cleared my throat. “Anyway, we’re at my house, my mom’s probably expecting me so I should go.” I unbuckled my seatbelt and opened the passenger door.

Damon grabbed my hand gently. I could have pulled away….but I didn’t. “Liv…You’re boyfriend guy…he’s why I was gone. I was looking for answers, looking for him….just so you know.”

I tried to hide a smile and tilted my head in puzzlement. “Why would you be looking for Jeremy?”

He smirked. “Obvious reasons.”

Obvious reasons? What did that mean? Damon leaned in and kissed me. “Nigh, clueless,” he said.

I got out of the car robotically. Damon gave me a wink and drove off.

Ugh, God….I really liked this guy.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

“Oh, how romantic!”

Leave it to Juliet to ruin everything about last night.

“Well, I for one am glad you finally like another guy,” Steph said. “Though I’m not sure Damon Salvatore is the safest choice.”

Well, neither did I, but a girl couldn’t help who she liked. God, why did I like him? I mean, he was very good looking, dressed nice, smart, funny….but there was also that womanizing part of him; which was okay, too, I wasn’t looking for this fling to be long-term anyway, and neither was he.

“So are you guys officially boyfriend and girlfriend?” Juliet asked excitedly.

I shrugged, letting the thought grow in my mind. “I don’t think so.”

“Will you ever be?”

I shook my head. “I don’t think so.”

Juliet’s face fell. “So you’re just another girl of Damon’s now.”

“Jewels!” Steph hissed.

“What, it’s true! Liv, you’ve never been one of those girls. And, damnit, I don’t care how gorgeous the guy is, you can’t be one of those girls!”

“Didn’t you just get done saying how romantic they were?” Steph pointed out.

“That was when I thought they were forever!”

I burst out laughing. “Damon and I will never be forever, Jewels.”

Juliet put her hands on her hips. “So you’re just going to let him sleep with you and get away with it?”

I gave her a sly smirk. “He won’t get away that easily. I’ll try waiting it out until it’s not exciting anymore.”

Juliet shook her head. “You’re turning into such a slut, Liv! And I don’t like it!”

“Look who’s talking!” I bit back angrily.

Juliet glared at me. “I don’t want you being like me! It’s not fun, Liv, people knowing that you’re just a girl who constantly has different guys around her. It makes it hard to get a good, sweet, and sincere boyfriend. After Damon’s outta the picture, that’s what everyone will think of you.”

That set my head in a storm of confusion. Sometimes I just saw no point in caring whether I was a slut or not. But I knew Jewels was right; once Damon was gone—and he would be gone when he got what he wanted out of me—then every guy would think of me as an easy fix.

Was that really what I wanted?

I already knew the only way to get Damon off my case.

Whatever people would think of me, it was done.

Now it was only a matter of how long I wanted to wait this thing out with Damon.

ELENA’S POV-

I watched Damon pace the room with worried eyes. I’d never seen him like this before; it made me want to smile and made me slightly jealous. Which was ridiculous; I chose Stefan and he was my forever. A part of me, though, still loved Damon and always would. I couldn’t stand his attention belonging to another woman.

I sighed. “Damon, what’s wrong?”

He turned to face me, a smirk on his face. “I got it!”

“Got what exactly?”

“I got how to stop this Jeremy guy from getting anywhere near Liv!”

I felt like laughing in a corner. “And how’s that?”

His smirk widened. “Stand outside by Liv’s house.”

“Ah, Damon, c’mon!”

“What? I barely sleep anyway, and when I do I don’t really need it. Why not stand guard?”

“Uh, gee, maybe ‘cause it’s an invasion of privacy?”

“Ah, that doesn’t matter.”

I rolled my eyes. “Oh, brother.”

“Well?”

“Well, what?”

“Well, what do you think?”

“I think it’s stupid,” I said with a sigh. “But if you think you must, go ahead, I’m not stopping you. But I’m also not gonna lie to Liv if she asks if she’s being watched by a peeping Tom.”

“Who says I’ll be a peeping Tom?”

I smiled. “Damon, c’mon, you’re not fooling anyone.”

He smirked and gave me a kiss on the cheek before leaving. “I’ll be ditching school, then!”

“Oh, no you won’t!” I called back.

“No point in going,” he laughed.

“Uh, Liv?”

“Well, yeah, but if I’m at her house every night then school really doesn’t matter.”

“Damon—“

“Bye, Elena!”

I shook my head. Just leave him alone, Elena, I thought. It’s not often he’s this interested in a girl—a human, nonetheless. I didn’t understand it, but I accepted it.
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapter 21, woot woot! Wouldn't be able to do it without you guys! Thanks for your messages! Let me know how this chapter is, as I'm still not convinced how good it is--also I apologize if Damon's a little goofier than usual--I watched Howl's Moving Castle a zillion times before writing this chapter--gotta love that movie [and Howl] lol