Sequel: Say You Remember Me

Say You Love Me Damon Salvatore

Ferris Wheel

Zack told me to keep up with my Facebook because when we got famous, people would want to know everything that’s going on in my life. Ugh, great. Well, here goes nothing.

“Wud up, my homies?! Just chillin’ @ home after a LOOONG day of school. As some of u might already noe, my band—F.I.R.E—is going 2 b on TV this Friday! *screams uncontrollably* YES! So turn your channels to channel 14, WAXO! Yeah baby, we’re so psyched! Hopefully we’ll get good enough to write our OWN songs! YEAH! Oh, and I gotta job. Yeah, I noe, so lame. I’m working at a 50’s styled diner and I am required to wear a poodle skirt(mine’s black with pink on it an a pink shirt, YEAH!) I start Monday. Speaking of Monday, my band will be performing some Hey Monday songs! Anyway, running outta space so, take care all of you wonderful ppl & u’ll c me on TV FRIDAY!”

Well, there’s a newsletter for you, I thought. I never really go on Facebook that much, but if Zack says, he says…I checked his status—not being able to get the giggles out of me from his ridiculous picture of crashing his skateboard—and it was pretty similar to mine….

“hey friends! Just wanted to update you an say F.I.R.E’s on tv this Friday! WAXO, channel 14, plz look us up! we dont have our own songs yet, but hopefully by our next gig we will! then we’ll try making a cd, but till then…scream for our wonderful lead singer, liv!”

I laughed and commented, “Aw, Zack, thanx! I’d put something bout Delaney, tho, u noe! Just a little friendly advise!”

I went on checking everyone’s status. I think Lane’s was possibly the shortest but not in the least boring.

“CHANNEL 14, WAXO, FRIDAY—F.I.R.E!!!!!!”

It was very….peppy!

I checked my watch, sighing. Band practice.

The drive there was mostly pleasant, though I wished there was snow—there wasn’t, of course, being California . That didn’t mean it wasn’t cold, though. Everyone was shivering in the garage, space heaters around them. I laughed at the pathetic sight.

“Are we ready to rock, people?!” I said, trying to encourage them.

They shivered in response.

“Okay, then….We got all the songs?”

Zack handed a piece of paper to me mutely.

I checked the songs.

The One I Love-R.E.M
Scared-Three Days Grace
Beautiful Disaster-311
Beat It-Michael Jackson/Fallout Boy
How You Love Me Now-Hey Monday
Homecoming-Hey Monday

“We can only perform two songs,” Zack said. “So let’s all agree on one.”

“How You Love Me Now for sure,” I said.

“Then you’re singing that,” Zack said.

“‘K. Anyone else want to comment on another song preference?”

“BEAT IT!” Lane said.

“That sounds good,” Delaney said.

Paul said, “Cool with me.”

“Zack?”

Zack nodded. “Yeah, sure. Liv sings one, I sing one. I’m game.”

“Great!”

We practiced for a few hours. Right as we had nearly mastered Beat It, my phone rang. With a worn out but still happy smile, I answered. “Hello?”

“You sound hoarse.”

I laughed. “Yeah, I guess I do.”

“No phone breaks!” Zack scolded. “This is strictly band time!”

“Who the hell is that?” Damon half laughed.

“The hell Zack,” I said. To the band, I said, “Gimme a sec guys, it’s my boyfriend.”

Lane and Delaney gushed, excusing me; Paul and Zack rolled their eyes. I grinned blissfully, never getting tired of announcing Damon as my boyfriend. I went out of the garage for further privacy, mainly because I knew Delaney and Lane would hang on every word I said.

“So what’s up?”

“Ah, nothn’. Elena and Stefan want to go on a double date tonight,” Damon groaned.

“Yeah, about that…we’d actually sorta planned that a few days ago, but….I forgot to mention it,” I said awkwardly. “I’m sure Elena hates me. I’m not very good at making friends with people….that are new….” I had almost said ‘People like her and Stefan’ but I figured that would rouse something. After all, Elena had been in love with Damon—even if, perhaps, she wasn’t quite over him—so I didn’t want to hurt his feelings by saying Elena wasn’t really the kind of girl I’d be friends with. Who knew? Things could change.

“It’s fine. I told ‘um it was up to you.” Was it my imagination or was there a pleading in Damon’s voice? A pleading that obviously meant he did not want to go.

I grinned deviously. “Oh, sure, I’d love to go!”

There was a groan and then a, “You hate me.”

I giggled. “No, I don’t, I—“

“OLIVIA, ARE YOU GONNA TAKE FOREVER?!” Zack groaned into the mic.

I laughed. “Hey, Damon? I gotta go. What time do they wanna go?”

“Didn’t really plan on remembering,” he moaned.

“Well, you can pick me up at six. See ya!”

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

“So what do I wear for a double date?”

“Nothing fancy.”

“What’re you wearing?” I had no pride whatsoever. I called Elena up as soon as I got home, in a crisis of what to wear.

Elena laughed softly. “Jeans and a long-sleeved shirt.”

“And you’ll look flawless,” I scoffed. Sighing, I said, “Well, alright. Guess I better look pretty for my fella.”

“Alright. I’ll let you get to your beautification.”

“See ya!”

In the end, I wore a jean mini skirt with leggings, my awesome knee-high converse, and a magenta and black plaid button down shirt, only buttoned halfway up and my sleeves rolled. I did little about my makeup but I severely wished I could pull my hair in a ponytail. Alas, it was too short. I clipped half of it back, though. It made me look a little girly, but I didn’t care. It was okay to look girly once in a while, after all.

Damon was knocking on my door not long after I was done getting ready. Grabbing a set of keys and my bag, I ran to the front door. Damon looked me up and down with a wide smirk on his face.

“What?” I asked, crossing my arms.

“Nothing, just….where did you get those ridiculous shoes?” He said full of amusement.

“You’re just jealous your fat foot won’t fit into them. C’mon.”

Damon kept up the playful argument in the car. I had to really defend my shoes; he was ruthless! By the time we reached the fair grounds—who the hell sets up a fair in the winter?—Damon had me halfway convinced I looked like a clown. He must have seen the unsure look on my face as we approached Stefan and Elena, because he put his arm around me and said before kissing my cheek, “I’m just kidding. You look great, babe.”

“Now ya tell me,” I muttered. I grinned pleasantly to Stefan. “My old foe, we meet again!” When he frowned, I backtracked boredly, “It’s just a joke.”

He muttered something about not being surprised Damon liked me. I grinned wider.

“I’m so glad we could finally do this!” Elena said excitedly.

“Yeah, me too,” Damon grumbled without enthusiasm.

I elbowed his rib. “Alright, are we just gonna stand here in the cold or what?”

Surprisingly, there were a lot of people wanting to freeze their asses off at the fair. I was stupid enough to only wear my light hoodie and was freezing my ass off. I didn’t want to look like a sissy, Elena had about the same wear as I did and she didn’t even look phased, so I kept my mouth shut.

It was when I was on the Ferris wheel with Damon that he noticed my chattering teeth. He took off his leather jacket—being left with a thin black long-sleeved shirt—and put it around my shoulders. “You didn’t have to be such a trooper, you know. If you’d have just said you were cold—“

“What about you? You’re gonna freeze, too!”

Damon shrugged. “I’m fine. I don’t really get cold.”

“Well….Elena didn’t seem cold, so I just decided to grin and bear it…” I said, my teeth still chattering.

Damon pulled me closer to him to warm me up. Ha! I knew he’d be cold too! Even though he wasn’t shaking from the cold, his body sure was. “Elena’s learned to hide being cold and to look pretty.”

“Yeah…” I wondered if he thought Elena was pretty…Well, that was a stupid question! Elena was gorgeous, why not think she was? “Ugh. I hate Ferris Wheels.”

Damon stared at me. “Then why’d you get on?”

“’Cause you wanted to go.”

“You could’ve said no, you know.”

No, I really couldn’t. The only thing I could say no to Damon about was sleeping with him. And even that resolve was weakening. Had I thought that prolonging that wasn’t the only way to keep Damon with me, I probably would have slept with him a while ago. But I was happy. I liked Damon, maybe more than I should have. I didn’t want to let that go so easily. Not without him being hesitant to leave me.

After the Ferris Wheel, Elena took me aside. “You boys catch!” she said. “I wanna talk to Liv a while! You know, girl stuff.”

I really hoped we weren’t going to talk about “girl stuff”. But we didn’t. “So…are you and Damon getting really serious?” Elena asked awkwardly.

I shrugged, playing with a loose string of thread from my shirt. “Dunno….Why?”

“He just seems….I don’t know….natural with you….”

I blushed. “Natural?”

“Yeah, like you guys belong together…”

She didn’t sound jealous, only sincere. That’s what scared me. I laughed nervously. “Nah, I’ve never believed in that kinda stuff!”

Whether Elena knew I did believe or not, she never said. She just gave a, “Mmm hmm,” and we walked back to the boys.

The rest of the night was really fun. Damon won me a Tweedy Bird—if he only knew I was on team Sylvester—while competing with Stefan in a shoot-the-clown game. Elena and I were laughing the entire time. They really were competitive brothers, let it be shooting the clown or winning Elena’s heart.

Damon drove me straight home after we said our goodbyes to Stefan and Elena, told them we had a really nice time. I was surprised Stefan actually loosened up; it was so unnatural. But I stopped picking on him, too….for the time being, anyway.

“Thank you for my lovely Tweedy Bird,” I said in a mock girly voice.

“Mmm hmm,” he said, watching my lips.

I rolled my eyes, though my heart pounded furiously against my chest. You’d think it had gotten used to Damon by now. But no.

I fiddled with my home keys nervously, the cold air not really making a dent in me, since I was hot with embarrassment. “So…you can pick me up at four tomorrow to take me to Waxo, right?”

“Yup.”

“Great…”

“Liv…”

He looked so dazzling, I figured he was going to tell me something so important. “Yeah…?”

He grinned. “What should I wear?”

I slapped his shoulder playfully. “You’re such a wise ass.”

He laughed. “Yeah, I know.” He looked at the dark house. “Hey, is your mom home?”

“No, why?”

He wiggled his eyebrows and smirked dumbly.

I frowned. “No.”

“Aw, c’mon, Liv, I’m just kidding.”

“Sure,” I said. I reached up on my tippy toes to give him a quick kiss good night, but he caught my waist and deepened the kiss. I wrapped my arms around his neck, unable to help myself. My stomach was tied up in knots and I swear a person could die just by kissing Damon Salvatore. There, I said it. No girl can resist him. I was actually made at myself for thinking this.

I pulled away, with a smile, and said, “See you tomorrow.”

“Once again she leaves me wanting for more,” Damon said in a radio host voice.

I rolled my eyes. “Sorry. I’m kinda tired…”

“And avoiding me.”

“I am not avoiding you.”

“Well, maybe not in the sense you’re thinking of…”

“Aw, is the big bad Damon Salvatore horny?”

He tried to frown at me but laughed in the end. “You’re such a jerk.”

“Yeah, I try,” I said, shrugging. “For real, though, Damon….”

He shrugged. “We don’t have to have ‘the talk,” he said, with finger quotation marks. “I’m just giving you shit.” He gave me a sweet kiss on the cheek. “Night, Liv.”

I watched him walk back to his car in amazement. Maybe there is some hope for us after all…..
♠ ♠ ♠
As you may have noticed, I took a direct quote from the last book of the Vampire Diaries. When Damon says to Shinichi, “Who the hell are you?” and he says, “I’m the hell Shinichi.” Well, needless to say this was my favorite quote and I am not smart enough to think it up on my own. LOL, jk. Anyway, sorry it's kinda short, I'm getting to the chapter you guys will HATE me for, but I have to do it. Grr, I'm already hating myself for it, too. Hope you guys enjoy this!