Sequel: Say You Remember Me

Say You Love Me Damon Salvatore

I Don't Like Your Girlfriend. Well, I don't like your boyfriend!

I spent my week reading ‘City of Ashes ’ by Cassandra Clare—of course, I had school, too. I hadn’t read ‘City of Bones’ before I read the second one, so it was a little confusing, even with reading what happened in the first one on Wikipedia. I admit, I was really pissed that Clary and Jace are brother and sister—they had great chemistry—but for me, I think being siblings would ruin the attraction a little, you know? Well Steph, who recommended the book to me, told me to read the third one directly afterward. I haven’t yet. I’m still pissed at Clary for finally figuring out what she wants and then when Jace says “I’ll just be your brother” she doesn’t stop him.

Why do all the main character girls in books suck so much? I don’t think I’ve read one book where she doesn’t.

Okay, Scout, in ‘To Kill a Mockingbird’ is awesome, but she’s nine years old.

I hardly ever read books; I tend to take on the worst trait of one of the main characters, usually my favorite. Yeah, I’ve gotten the pissed off at the world ‘tude from Jace. I feel bad for Jace, though. Falling for Clary? Seriously? Then there’s poor Simon. Always gotta be blind there, huh, Clary?

The more I talk about it, the more I hate Clary.

Well, I have to give Cassandra Clare this; in a world where vampires rule in teenage girls’ minds, she had a lot of gut to make a team of vampire slayers and have it be as successful as it is. Plus, I hate to admit, the brother/sister thing is pretty original. Most author don’t like to touch that. Although, I also hate to admit, I kind of like Magnus Bane, even though he’s weird, but that’s why he’s awesome, no? Plus he has nothing to do with vampires.

God, I hate vampires.

I hate them.

Girls would kill to have a vampire boyfriend—let me tell you, from past and present experience, it’s not all it’s cracked up to be. I mean, sure, Damon was….But I’m not thinking about Damon.

“Olivia! I’m going out!” my mom called.

“’K, have fun!” I shouted back. It took me hours to convince her to go out with Joseph tonight. I’ve been a little….emo, as Juliet’s now calling me….lately and my mom’s been reluctant to leave me alone. Believe me, I’d be the last girl to kill herself over a guy. And just because I broke up with him doesn’t mean I can’t be depressed, right? I mean, I don’t freaking need that in my life again.

Flashback-

I was running from Nicole’s house, tears blurring my vision. How could I be so stupid?! She was always giving him looks and….argh! I didn’t live too far from Nicole’s house, but, apparently, far enough. I felt someone grab my arm and wrench my, and I could only guess it was Jeremy.

“Let me go!” I screamed.

“Where do you think you’re going?” he growled.

I laughed, on the brink of insanity. “You son of a bitch! We’re over! What did you expect? I’d let you fuck my friend and we’d still be together? Screw you, Jeremy! Let go of me!”

“We’re not over,” he protested. He pulled me into him. “Hey, we’re not over, Olivia!”

“How many times do I have to say it? Let go of me, I never wanna see your filthy face again!”

That was when he grabbed a chunk of my hair and bit my neck. I screamed and fought and screamed some more. But it did no good. Jeremy took me to the side of a random house and told me everything. He told me he’d been a vampire for only a few months, but before he’d met me. He said we were soulmates and he could never let me go. I was too weak from the loss of blood to tell him if I was his soulmate, why was he screwing my friend?

“So now you know, Olivia,” Jeremy said in a dangerous voice. “Now we can never be without eachother. Don’t you see that?”

I don’t think he loved me, not for one second. He was just insane. It was a shame it took me that long to realize it.

Now-

I mentally shook myself. It was funny, I hadn’t heard from Jeremy since that night Damon and I…..

I figured he knew I broke up with him, so why wouldn’t he call to taunt me?

But one might see why I wouldn’t want to date another vampire. They were crazy and unstable and they acted like they loved you when really they were obsessed with you. And it only got worse if you let them drink your blood. Though I never really let Jeremy do that.

Without consciously realizing it, I was daydreaming about the last night Jeremy called. And, without really wanting to admit it to myself, I could still feel hands graceful and gentle hands all over me and longed for that feeling again.

God, what am I thinking? He’s a vampire, for crying out loud! How can you be thinking of having sex with him again?!

UGH!!!

I called Juliet. I spilled my guts to her about Damon, though leaving out that he was a vampire. “Jeeze, now you just sound horny,” she said. Wow, thanks, Jewels. “Here, let me give you the number of this all American guy, no Italiano. You’ll love him!”

Since apparently I have vampire radar, I was reluctant for different reasons. “Juliet, I don’t want a rebound guy….”

“Dude, c’mon, what’s the harm in it?”

“Jewels….”

“I’m calling the guy, ‘k? His name’s Alex Jenkins. You guys can meet at Applebee’s at six.”

“Jewels—”

“He’ll see you then!” she said, hanging up.

I had half a mind to stand the guy up. But it wasn’t his problem my friend’s an idiot, right? So, dressing in a black jean mini skirt—with leggings—and a red blouse with my black boots, I drove off to Applebee’s, leaving a note for my mom. If all went well, I’d be home in ten minutes anyway. I called Jewels on my way, not very pleased, and asked if Alex was already there. She said yes and the lady at the front named Janice would take me to him. Great.

I went in and walked straight to a blonde haired girl. “Excuse me, are you Janice?”

She smiled widely and fakely. “Why, yes, can I help you?”

“Yeah,” I said, feeling embarrassed. “I’m looking for an Alex, um….” Shit, what was his last name?!

“Jenkins?” Janice offered.

“Yes,” I felt even more embarrassed.

“Certainly, right this way.” She lead me to a table and I had to stop myself from gawking. This man was positively gorgeous! He really was all American, man. Sun blonde hair and blue eyes to boot. And an amazing smile….

I took my seat, trying not to flush. Janice asked me what I wanted to drink and I said water. “Hi,” I said, trying not to sound shy. “I’m Olivia.”

Alex shook my hand. “I’m Alex.”

I could already tell I was blushing like mad, but still trying to play cool. “I actually, um….didn’t want to do this. You see, my friend sorta, erm….forced it on me. I really have nothing better to do, but…” YOU’RE BLABBERING LIKE A FREAKING IDIOT! I was yelling at myself. “Sorry, I don’t normally go on blind dates.”

Alex just smiled. “That’s okay.”

Alex played baseball, his favorite subject in school was history, I brought up Twilight a few times and he dismissed the very idea. I hoped that was a good sign. I don’t have a good track record of dating guys who aren’t vampires. But I wasn’t going to continue dating Alex, and I even told him that. He told me it was alright and not to worry about it. But it was nice to talk to someone I didn’t know.

Alex excused himself to the bathroom “real quick” and I dug into the buffalo and ranch chicken sandwich I’d ordered. Oh, it was like eating a baby angel. Wiping my mouth, I looked around the semi-crowded restaurant. My entire body tensed.

Across the room, sitting at the bar, was the very last person I wanted to see. He was with a trampy looking blonde. I had no idea whether he was wooing her for personal reasons—ahem—or dinner reasons. Either way I was furious. I would wait for Alex, take my bag and coat, and politely excuse myself. I was going home.

But I couldn’t tear my eyes away from Damon. A sharp pang erupted in my chest and I could feel my eyes stinging. No, I will not cry here where he can see me! I scolded myself. But, as much as I hated to admit it, it hurt me to see him, especially with another girl, whether or not she was just a midnight snack.

Making my breath subside, Damon’s black eyes slid over to where I was, staring at him with, what I’m sure was, a blank and almost horrified expression. A look of shock shown on his face and I had to stop myself from running to him. I gripped my chair. He stared at me a moment too long. His girlfriend turned her head to see what he was looking at and scowled at me. His attention was back to her.

That’s it, I can’t wait for Alex, I thought, getting up to leave, putting a ten dollar bill on the table. I went over to Janice. “Can you please tell Mr. Jenkins I had to leave unexpectedly?”

I didn’t wait to hear her, “Of course.” I practically ran to my car.

“Olivia!”

My heart lurched when I heard that familiar voice.

I unlocked the car with shaking hands and opened the door to get in. Damon grabbed my arm. “Damon, just leave me alone! I told you already, it’s—”

“Don’t go,” he said in a rush. “Let me talk to you—”

I turned my head away from his intense black eyes. “I don’t wanna do this, Damon! I don’t want to see you again ever! Even if I have to move away to do it.”

He gripped my other arms, causing me to look at his heartbreakingly handsome face. “Olivia, please.” My heart stopped. Please? “Don’t go.”

That was it. He was the death of me. I just couldn’t refuse him, no matter how much I hated vampires….

“Is something going on here?”

It was Alex. I looked, startled to see him. He was glaring at Damon’s grip on my arms. “Yeah, fine,” I said shakily. I hadn’t realized, until I spoke, that I was crying. Damon let go of my arms and I wiped my cheeks. “Please, just go,” I whispered.

Damon looked really pissed. Deep down, I could myself fuming, too. But that was underneath the pain in my chest.

Striding furiously, Damon sped off in his Ferrari, abandoning his blonde lady friend inside.

“Are you okay?” Alex asked me.

“Yeah,” I said was a thick voice. “Thanks for the wonderful night, but I’ve gotta go.”

“Who was that guy, anyway?”

I glanced at the direction Damon had taken off in. “Just an ex boyfriend.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Still need some more ideas of what could oppucy Liv in the next three to four chapters. I know exactly what's going to happen, but I need other stuff--funish stuff--to happen while they're broken up, haha!

Hannah