Sequel: Say You Remember Me

Say You Love Me Damon Salvatore

Alex, Meet My Friends Queer Legs and Hopeless

I walked over toward the back door. “What if I don’t wanna talk?”

Stefan followed me. “Liv, really. Damon, he—”

I whirled around. “I don’t wanna talk about Damon!”

“You have to, Olivia!” Stefan said. “He’s just not the—”

“He’s not the same without me?” I finished. “He wasn’t the same with me, though, was he? He only pretended to be a human being, didn’t he?” Stefan tried speaking a couple of times, but I cut through him. “Oh, yeah, I know. But he doesn’t know that I hate vampires! That I’m scared to death of them since Jeremy! And if he’d even give a damn….” Somewhere in the middle of yelling, I started crying and my knees buckled.

Stefan caught my fall and let me cry. He didn’t say anything. He didn’t have to. He let me cry for a good ten minutes before I started feeling embarrassed. I pulled away and forced a smile at him.

“I’m sorry,” I said, wiping away my tears.

“I can’t believe I’m even saying this, but—”

“Then don’t.”

“—if you’re so heartbroken about this breakup, then why don’t you just go back to him?”

I clenched my teeth. “No.”

“Liv….whether he chooses to believe so or not, you were good for him.”

“But he’s not good for me,” I protested. “Having a vampire as a boyfriend is hazardess to my health.”

“Don’t you think having a human as a girlfriend is hazardess to his health?” Stefan shot back. “Look, Olivia, I’m not telling you what to do….All I’m saying is….he loves you.”

My fists clenched. “No, he doesn’t.”

“He doesn’t? Really? Did he force you to sleep with him? Did he ever harm you? He kept Jeremy away from you, stayed outside your house every night to make sure the creep doesn’t get you, which he still does, by the way. Has he ever bitten you? He never told you what he was—”

“That’s the point,” I interrupted. “He didn’t tell me!”

Stefan smiled at me. “And that’s my point. He tells girls off the bat what he is. Now why wouldn’t he tell you?” When I stayed quiet, just staring at my hands, he added, “He saw something in you, Olivia. Something that has grown into what he’s feeling now.”

I shook my head. “It’s a nice fantasy, Stefan, it really is. Every girl wants Damon Salvatore to love her, right?” I smiled. “It’s not happening. He. Does. Not. Love. Me, Stefan.”

“Olivia, stop being so stubborn and listen to me—”

I opened the front door. “Good night Stefan.” He tried saying something further, but I cut him off. “I’m tired. Good night.”

With a heavy glare while he walked out, Stefan said finally, “You’re making a huge mistake.”

“Whatever.” I shut the door in his face.

I walked slowly to my room and opened the window, thinking of what Stefan had said. “Damon Salvatore if you really are out there….tell me you don’t love me.”

DAMON’S POV-

I was sitting under a tree at the side of Liv’s house, typing blades of grass in knots. I didn’t see Stefan go in, but I saw him come out. I walked over toward him.

“What’re you doing here?” I asked pleasantly.

“Talking to Olivia,” he said oh-so-seriously.

“Why would you do that?” Please tell me my little brother didn’t do something stupid?

Stefan glared at me. “Think about it for a minute and you’ll—”

He stopped short when we heard Liv’s voice, calling out, “Damon Salvatore if you really are out there….tell me you don’t love me.”

My first instinct was to run over to her window and say the exact opposite. But how could I do that? But I could….it wouldn’t be that hard…

Stefan could see my resolve weakening. “Damon, why’re you still standing there?”

And just like that, I was back. I smirked. “Oh, you want me to go over there? Well, as you wish, baby brother.”

I walked over to Liv’s open window. Her light was on so she clearly saw me standing outside, I could see the shock clearly on her face. “Hello, Liv, dear.”

“Damon…” she whispered.

I spread my hands out. “Well? You convinced of whatever my little brother told you?”

She shook her head. “Not quite….”

I sighed. “So you want me to tell you I don’t love you?”

She nodded slowly.

I took a deep breath and said, “How easy that would be.”

Her breath caught. The look of heartbreak on her face was almost enough to do a double take on my words, and I nearly did. “Okay….Great….That’s all I wanted to know…”

I groaned. Damnit, I’m such an asshole! “Olivia—”

“Damn you to hell, Damon Salvatore!” she yelled and slammed the window shut.

I groaned even louder. “You broke up with me, Olivia! Damn you to hell!” And without another word, I stormed away.

LIV’S POV-

Best friends are supposed to tell eachother everything, right? For the most part, I believe Steph and Jewels have kept their part in that unspoken rule. Me? I’m a slacker. I’ve now been broken up with Damon for three and a half weeks and I haven’t one.) told them he’s a vampire, two.) told them about Stefan’s visit, and three.) I never told them Damon and mine’s argument the last night I saw him. The night he said he didn’t, in fact, love me.

I did, however, find the time to tell Alex about last week. It was easier, somehow, talking to someone you barely knew about your problems.

But I was making a point to include Steph and Jewels in on the friendship. We were going to watch Post Grad tonight, buy a bunch of junk, and then make ourselves throw it up in the morning. Not really, I enjoy food too much to be bulimic. I rather work out on the treadmill.

Which was what I was doing, while talking on the phone with Alex. “So, you could….bring other movies too….you know…” I panted.

“I will. Why’re you so out of breath?”

“Working out.”

“So….you’re categorizing me with the girls now, huh?”

I laughed. “Oh….c’mon….it’s not that bad….”

“Not if they’re hot.”

“Sorry…..both taken…”

It was funny how quickly we became friends.

“Damnit,” he swore mockingly.

“Alright, I can’t breathe….See you at six?”

“I’ll be there, Shorty.”

I rolled my eyes. “Bye…”

~*~*~*~**~*~*~*~*~~**~~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Alex was the first to come over. He came baring gifts of movies and junk food. Steph and Jewels followed shortly thereafter. Juliet greeted Alex like they were old pals and Steph was slightly hesitant. In any case, after we watched Post Grad, the thin sheet of ice had melted and everyone was themselves.

“Okay, do we have to watch another chic flick or can we watched a classic?” Alex asked.

I wrapped my arms around my knees and leaned against the couch. “What’s your idea of classic? I’ve got Breakfast at Tiffany’s, that’s classic.”

Alex pulled out a DVD. “Jon Wayne’s McLintock.”

“Ooh, John Wayne!” I said ecstatically. I loved John Wayne movies, they were the best! Juliet protested, but we promised she could pick the movie next.

After the movie was over, while Steph took out her goods from the freezer, Jewels put in a secret movie, not telling any of us what it was.

“Here, guys,” Steph tossed me a giant pack of Kit-Kat bars, Alex a giant Reeses Peanut Butter Cup, Jewels a giant Twix bar, and sour straws for herself. “What’re we watching?” she asked.

“Shh!” Alex and I said at the same time, our faces glued to the TV screen.

The menu of Howl’s Moving Castle showed up. I screamed in delight. Steph and Alex exchanged confused glances.

“Jewels, you’re awesome!” I screeched.

“What is this?” Alex asked finally.

“Only the best movie ever!” He tried saying something else, but I shushed him. “It’s starting. Just watch.”

I quoted every line of the movie. The book was amazing, too, but I watched the movie before I read the book. Howl had funnier parts—like the guitar—in the book that they didn’t have in the movie.

“Odd.” Was all Alex had to say.

Steph softened up to the movie.

We stayed up until three in the morning watching movies and eating junk food. Eventually, we all crashed.

I woke to the sound of footsteps in my bedroom. Still half asleep, and careful not to wake anyone else, I started toward my bedroom. The last movie we watched happened to be the Sixth Sense, so excuse my heart for beating like a happy dog wagging it’s tail. I opened the door hesitantly, peeping my head inside. I didn’t anything, so I stepped fully inside.

The door slammed behind me and I whirled around in surprise. “Damon…”

His eyes were off, like he was drunk or something. He didn’t say anything as he took me by the waist and pressed his lips angrily to mine. I gasped, trying to get out of his steel like hold. His kiss was angry and desperate and I didn’t care for it at all. It showed the vampire he really was.

I shoved and managed to get my mouth free of his. “Damon, what the hell?!”

Again, he said nothing as he grabbed my neck, pulled me into him once again, and sunk his needle-point canines into my vein.

I jolted awake, smothering the scream inside of me. I looked around wildly. Steph and Juliet were fighting for dominance in their sleep over the small blanket they were sharing. Alex was sprawled over the couch on his back, drool hanging from his mouth. I breathed a sigh of relief. Just to reassure myself, though, I walked over inside my room.

Nothing. I sighed in relief, rubbing my neck where there were no marks and no sticky blood.

“Olivia?” a soft voice said behind me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Two in one day? You guys are gonna start thinking you're special! Actually, I posted the previous chapter on Quizilla yesterday because Mibba made me cry and wasn't working. So, here it is and happy reading. Dunno about the next chapter yet, I've gotta lot of homework to do, and other shit, soooo maybe....Thursday? I'll shoot for Wednesday, but I don't see that happening. Definitely not tomorrow or Friday. If not, maybe Saturday. Hey, I gave you two in one day!