Sequel: Say You Remember Me

Say You Love Me Damon Salvatore

Say You Love Me #1

I woke to the sun beating in my face. It’s a bad way to wake up, admit it, especially if you have a hangover. But it was the best day I ever woke up with a hangover—even one as bad as I had now. I turned over onto my other side to face Damon, who was already awake and staring at me, it seemed.

“What?” I laughed.

He shook his head. “Nothing.”

I rolled my eyes. “You know this doesn’t mean we’re back together, right?”

Damon frowned. “You just had shameless sex with me and then say we’re not back together? That doesn’t hurt at all.”

I laughed. “Hey, where’s your phone?”

“Where’s yours? You have your purse, don’t you?”

I bit my lip, trying not to laugh again. “Ah, I sorta…threw it…out the window of my car….”

Damon burst out laughing. I loved hearing him laugh like that. “You threw it out the window of your car? Why would you do that? No, no, don’t tell me. I already know.”

I raised a brow. “Oh you do, do you?”

“Yeah….it’s ‘cause you’re absolutely insane.”

I slapped his shoulder. “Well, you didn’t think I was insane last night.”

“I did think you were insane.”

“You’re so bad!” I laughed. “No, seriously, where’s your phone? I gotta call my mom.”

Damon made a face. “Ew, gross, you call your mother after all your sexual experiences?”

“You’re disgusting. No, I have to let her know I’m alive. She’s probably got the cops looking for me.”

Damon sighed. “I dunno. It’s probably in the bathroom.”

I groaned. “But I don’t wanna get up.”

“Sorry, sweetheart, you want the phone, you’re gonna have to go get it.”

“Fine…But I’m stealing the sheet!” And before he could say anything, I ripped the black sheet from the bed, quickly wrapped it around my body, and ran for the bathroom. Damon’s cell was on the sink. Shit. It was a freaking Blackberry. How do you work those dumb things?

“I’m gonna buy you a sidekick,” I said, trying to figure out the dumb thing.

“Why?” Damon called from the bedroom.

“’Cause then I’d know how to use it….”

“A Blackberry’s not that much different than a sidekick!”

I stomped back in the bedroom, holding out the phone to him. “It is to me. Here, dial.”

Damon shook his head, taking the phone. “What’s the number?”

Putting a strand of hair behind my ear, I said, “659-937-6558.”

Damon pressed the numbers and handed the phone back to me.

“Thank you,” I put the phone to my ear and walked around in the hallway.

The phone was answered immediately. “Hello?”

Oh, God, she sounded panicky. Damon’s number never showed up on phones. I should know. “Hey, Mom, it’s me. Liv.”

There was a sigh. “Where the hell have you been? I’ve been calling your phone all night, but it says it’s been disconnected.”

“Yeah, I threw it out the car window,” I said hurriedly. “Anyway, listen—”

“Why on earth would you do that?”

“’Cause I’m insane, apparently. Now, would you please—”

“Rachel Olivia Ashwern, you do not tell me you throw your perfectly fine cell phone out of a moving vehicle because you’re insane!”

“Okay, but just—”

“I have been worried sick all night,” my mother carried on. “You said you were just going to be at the concert and then right back at home!”

“I had a little trouble. I couldn’t drive home ‘cause I was drunk. But someone helped me out—”

“Someone? Who someone? Someone you know or a stranger?”

“Someone I know. Look, it’s okay. I’m fine.”

“You come home. Right now.”

I sighed. “Yes, ma’am. I’ll be home in a few. Bye.”

I groaned and trudged back in the room. Damon was still lying in the bed, looking lazy but sexy in all the same breath. “I have to go.”

“Why?”

“My mom. Hey, where’s my clothes?”

“In the bathroom, where else?”

I rolled my eyes, practically dragging myself in the bathroom once again. I didn’t want to leave! I wanted to stay here with Damon before I changed my mind about us. I put on my bra and underwear and was slipping on my skinny jeans when I felt Damon’s arms around my waist.

“You’re not gonna just leave and never speak to me again, right?”

I sighed. “No…” I turned around to face him. “But…I don’t think we should go public with this just yet, either. I mean…my friends hate you.”

“So what? A lot of people hate me,” he smirked.

“Yeah, but…” I didn’t want to tell him I told them he was a vampire. It all seemed stupid, now. “Just…give it a while. Please?”

“Hmm…”

“Pleeeeassssseeee?”

“That’s pathetic.”

“I know, but hey, I’m a girl. What can I say?” I threw my shirt on.

“So, if we’re not ‘going public’, how are you gonna get home? I can’t possibly drive you.”

“Ugh, jeeze, you’re right.”

He smirked. “I know. I’m always right.”

I rolled my eyes. “Well, you could drive my halfway and I’ll walk the rest.”

“Oh, sure, great plan.”

He was pissed about the whole non public relationship thing. “Damon, I just…I can’t deal with everyone right now. All the questions….”

Damon held my hands. “What’s it gonna take to convince you I’m not leaving?”

I stared at him. Should I just up and say it? Was it so hard? It shouldn’t be, if you really and honestly love someone. But then I thought about when I told Jeremy I loved him…Sure, kid, was all he said. What if Damon said something like to me? After I honestly believed I cared about him more than I did for Jeremy—what if he just said, Sure, kid?

My throat closed even as I said it. But I managed it. “Say you love me….”

Damon stared at me, obviously not expecting that answer. “Olivia, I…”

We both flinched when we heard the door slam shut. We exchanged a confused glance before running toward the stairwell, looking down to see who it was.

“Stefan, you stupid….!” Damon started. He groaned and unexpectedly took off downstairs.

I giggled, following more slowly. While Damon and Stefan were yelling at eachother, Elena walked over to me, a confused look on her face. “Hey,” she greeted.

I smiled awkwardly. “Hi.”

“Um, I thought you…” Elena pointed her thumb over her shoulder, indicating toward Damon. “Nevermind. So, what’s new?”

“Oh….nothing…” I fidgeted. “Um, can you, by any chance, give me a ride home?”

“Sure, not a problem. You wanna go now?”

I nodded.

“’K, let’s roll, then.”

I looked over my shoulder and called to the comically bickering brothers, “Elena’s taking me home!”

I walked outside with her, hoping to avoid the question I knew was forming on her lips.

Then she opened her mouth. “So, you and Damon are….”

She stopped when Damon was suddenly in front of me. “You’re leaving?”

I blinked. “Yeah. ‘Member, my mom…”

“But I thought I was taking you home,” he said smartly.

“Yeah, but Elena is. It solves the problem of me having to walk halfway.”

There was a pause. Damon shrugged. “Okay, then,” he gave me a quick kiss. When I gave him a death glare, he muttered, “It’s only Elena. Who’s she gonna tell? Stefan?” he laughed at the idea.

I rolled my eyes. “You’re so immature.” I kissed his cheek. “Bye. I’ll call you later.”

“With what? You threw your cell out your car window?” Damon laughed.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*

I lay on my back on my bedroom floor, staring boredly at my ceiling. I wanted Damon to come over. A couple of times I almost told my mom we were together again, but I didn’t. I ended up calling him and we were going out tonight. To where, I didn’t know. I didn’t really care as long as I was with him.

“Olivia!”

My groaned, sitting up. “Yeah?”

“Phone!” I distinctly heard some muttering about throwing my cell phone out a car window. I was feeling a little dumb for that, now. Well, I was gonna buy another one this week.

I dragged myself into the kitchen. My mom was sitting on the couch, reading an autobiography on Patrick Swayze. “Why do you read such depressing books?” I asked her, grabbing the phone.

My mom was totally absorbed. “’Cause….” She mumbled.

I rolled my eyes, deciding to ask about it later. “Hello?” I asked in the phone.

“Why’ve you been avoiding my calls?!”

I took a deep breath and sighed. “Calm yourself, Iago.”

“No! I will not calm myself!” Juliet screamed. “Why the hell haven’t you called me back?!”

“It couldn’t have anything to do with me being totally pissed at you, now, would it?”

“OLIVIA!”

I pulled the phone painfully away from my ear. Then I shouted back, “MY EARRRRRRR….!”

“I don’t care! You had me worried sick!” I rolled my eyes, sitting on the counter and making myself comfortable. This could take a while. Juliet continued, “Delaney tells me, ‘Come pick Liv up, she totally wasted’. When I get there you’re nowhere to be found! I call your cell several times—”

“I’m having difficulties with my cell. I’m buying a new one and changing the number.”

“Are gonna give the number to me or are you just gonna ditch me again?”

I sighed in frustration. “Juliet, I’m not in the mood. You were in the wrong. You and Steph. I have every right to be angry with you.”

“No, you do not!” Jewels shot back. “We’re friends, Liv, that’s what we’re supposed to do! Be brutally honest with eachother! All you have time for is Alex nowadays, and you claim you guys are just—”

“Wait, hold up. What’d you say?” I asked, feeling horrible.

“Alex. You and he—”

“Shit! Shit! Shit, shit, shit, shit, shit!” I swore angrily.

“Olivia, what the hell?”

“Alex! He doesn’t know my home phone and I threw my cell out the window! Shit!”

“You threw your cell out the window? Olivia are you okay—”

“Yes, no….Ugh! I’ll call you later. Alex is probably freaking out right now.”

“You will not call me later, I know you….”

I hung up quickly and dialed Alex’s number. There was a gruff hello. “Alex! Hi!”

Alex groaned. “Liv?”

“Yeah, it’s me.”

“Do you know what time it is?”

I glanced at the clock. “Yeah, it’s eight-thirty.”

“Uh-huh….and it’s Saturday.”

I smothered a laugh. “How was s’posed to know you’d still be asleep, you lazy butt?”

“…..Lazy butt?....Nevermind. Hey, where’ve you been? I’ve been texting and calling like crazy,” Alex sounded a little more awake now.

“Yeah, it got crushed by a car tire. So I’m buying a new one and changing the number. I totally forgot about you!”

There was a pause and a smothered snicker. “Thanks, Liv.”

“I didn’t mean it like that—I didn’t even tell Jewels and Steph—”

“It’s fine. Hey, you did good last night.”

“Hmm?”

“Your concert thingy majigger, you did good,” Alex clarified.

“Oh,” I blushed. “Thanks…”

“Yeah, I never knew you were a kick ass singer.”

I shrugged. “Yeah, well….”

“Who’s the boy?” my mom called from the living room.

“Alex, Mom!” I called back.

“New boyfriend?”

Alex must have heard, because we both shouted, “No!”

My mom settled back, sheathing the claws. “Okay, then.”

I rolled my eyes. “Alright, I’d better go. Let you go back to sleep.”

“’K. Hey, what’re you doing today?”

I bit my lip. “Oh, I’m…..going out later.”

“With a guy?” Alex sounded like a girl waiting for the gossip.

I shifted uncomfortably. “Yeah….maybe….”

“Uh-oh. Secret relationship. Very sexy.”

I laughed. “Shut up! It’s not like that, it’s….”

“Uh-huh, a secret relationship!” Alex said in a sing-songy voice.

“You jerk! It’s not like that…not really….It’s complicated.”

“Secret rela—”

“I’m hanging up.”

“Wait, no, I’m sorr—”

I laughed and hung up.

“So where’re you going later?”

I winced. Apparently my mother was paying attention. “Out…”

“I heard that. Where to and who with?” she asked.

“Dunno where and with….” Damn, should I just tell her?
♠ ♠ ♠
So I want you guys to tell me whether or not Liv should tell her mom or not or just let it be a "secret relationship". Plus, I'm sad to say, I adore Alex. I wish I had made him dorkier because then he'd be like my friend, Seth,lol. But no, Alex is too awesome--plus get the picture of Hunter Parrish for Alex,lol
I'd write more, but apparently everyone wants to talk to me whilst I'm writing. So aggrivating erg!