Sequel: Say You Remember Me

Say You Love Me Damon Salvatore

Never Live it Down

I managed to squirm out of the Damon situation with my mom. I went to the movies with Damon and we saw Wolfman. I love saying Bernicio Del Toro’s name, seriously, I was muttering it every time I saw him—which was during the entire movie. Damon was laughing at me the entire time, making fun of the way I ate my popcorn; I ate it one piece at a time, holding the piece between my fore and middle fingers. Doesn’t everyone do that?

Apparently not so, according to my hundred and something year old vampire boyfriend. I pretended to ignore him throughout the rest of the movie. However, as I’ve stated a hundred times, Damon has a presence that can’t be ignored.

“This sucks,” Damon informed me, his nose wrinkled up in disgust.

I was hanging out at his house and brought my laptop. I made him listen to the 30H!3 and Alex Gaskarth version of ‘Careless Whisper’. “Aw, c’mon. It’s catchy after a while.”

Damon shook his head. “I didn’t even like it when George Michael sang it. You might know him. He’s the one who actually wrote the song.”

I rolled my eyes. “I know who George Michael is. But you haven’t heard the Seether version.”

“Uh-uh, I’ve heard my fair share of Careless Whisper, thank you.”

“Ah, c’mon, sit down and listen to it,” I demanded and clicked on the song. Damon’s eyebrow raised slightly at the killer electric guitar intro. I smiled triumphantly.

“Okay, so maybe you know a few good songs,” he admitted.

“A few? I’m the Music Guru, baby!”

“Oh, yeah? Just ‘cause you know some okay songs and can sing?”

I nodded. “Yup.”

Damon snorted. “That doesn’t mean anything. I can sing, too.”

I raised a brow. “Oh, yeah?”

“Yeah,” he made a face as he sang, “Why do you build me up? Buttercup. Baby, just to let me down. An mess me around. An then worst of all—oh. C’mon, Liv,” he scolded as I burst out laughing. He pulled at my wrist, making me sit up from kicking my legs on the floor. “C’mon, now, you gotta sing the backup.”

“Why do I have to sing backup?” I whined. “I’m the lead singer, ‘member?”

Damon shook his head. “Not now you’re not. ‘K, ready?” I nodded and he started over. “Why do you build me up?”

“Build me up!” I sang obnoxiously.

“Buttercup, baby, just to let me down.”

“Let me down!”

“An mess me around. An then worst of all.”

“Worst of all!”

“You never call, baby, when you say you will.”

I burst out laughing, unable to stop. He wasn’t really trying to sing, he was meaning to sound horrible and high pitched. And boy did he ever!

“Aw, c’mon, you never let me finish!” Damon whined.

“Oh, I’m sorry, I’m sorry…” I burst into another fit of giggles, collapsing onto my back once again.

Damon pretended to sniff. “I’m hurt, you know that?”

“Ah, c’mere, baby,” I pulled at his arm.

“I’m not stooping to your level.”

“C’mere,” I said, pulling him down on top of me. I ruffled his hair. “You poor, poor, no talent screw up…”

Damon growled playfully, pinning my arms down. “Can’t you come up with your own lines?”

“What do you mean?” I gasped, acting offended.

“Oh, c’mon, that line has to be from a movie.”

I sighed. “Ah, you know my deadliest secret—one-liners. I’m a sucker for ‘um.”

“I’m not a one-liner, and you’re a sucker for me.”

I rolled my eyes. “That’s corny.”

He shrugged. “I know. But, hey, it’s not from a movie….Or is it?”

“Probably.”

“Well, if you don’t know it, it can’t be. Unfortunately movies beat me in your statures,” he sighed all depressed like.

“Shut up.”

Damon smirked and leaned down slowly to kiss me. Mmm, I really missed him! I’m not supposed to have, of course, but I did. Maybe I’m too easy, but I don’t care. And until he lays a hand—or fangs, I guess—on me, I wasn’t going to be rid of him just yet. Of course, that meant I would have to tell my mother. And she was going to be pissed. I could hear the conversation now: “I thought you two broke up,” she would say. “We did,” I would say. “But we’re back together now.” She would respond, “But I thought you didn’t want to fall in love.” I would reply, “I did. But then I realized I’d already fallen.” Though I probably wouldn’t say that last bit to her; that was for my own benefit.

“Aw, how sweet!”

Damon and I whirled around, me falling clumsily back on my ass, to stare at Elena. I hadn’t even heard her walk by the door. But, more importantly, neither did Damon. Haha, I distracted a bad ass vampire!

“Elena!” Damon growled.

She laughed and stuck her tongue out at Damon. “That’s for waking Stefan and I up the other day, so blah!”

Damon rolled his eyes, groaning when I laughed. “Don’t encourage her,” he muttered.

I sighed, getting up and grabbing my hoodie and bag. “I should probably go. It’s late.”

Damon got up, too. “Am I taking you home this time?”

He had such a pleading look on his face and I was about to give in, but Elena cut in, shouting, “Nah-uh, this is our thing. Girl time. You get to be with her any other second of the day.”

“Plus I have school tomorrow,” I added, wondering why that was a plus.

Damon’s facial expression told me he didn’t agree on the ‘plus’.

“See tomorrow after school,” I said and gave him a quick kiss. He caught my wrist, though, and pulled me into a deeper kiss. I felt embarrassed with Elena standing right there, but he really was a great kisser… I pulled away, giving him a scolding look with a smile hidden underneath it.

He shrugged. “Hey, all I’m saying is if I have to see you on your after hours, I at least get better than a freaking peck.”

I rolled my eyes. “Night, Damon.”

He smiled dazzlingly. “Night, sweetheart.”

Elena gave the one shoulder up, chin down and smile look. I mouthed for her to shut up and she shrugged. We walked down the staircase and silently into her modest car. I had half a mind to stomp my feet the entire way. I didn’t want to go! Funny how about two months ago I was stomping my feet because Damon wouldn’t leave me alone and now I didn’t want him to leave me alone.

“So, this thing with Damon….” Elena began, her eyes still on the road ahead. “You think it’ll last?”

I tried figuring out if there was more meaning behind her words. Four weeks ago, before we had broken up, I would have said hell no…which we had broken up, too. But now….My hopes were high, too high, and I said stupidly, “Yeah. I think so. Why?”

She sighed. “It always seems that way….”

I had to stop myself from getting angry. “It’s not that way with you and Stefan.”

“Stefan’s different than Damon,” she said. Yeah, he’s completely boring, I thought, but I shut my mouth. Elena carried on. “I just want you to be careful, Liv. Damon, he…he’s a good guy underneath….It’s the above shit I worry about. Especially since you’re, well…”

“Human?” I smiled sarcastically, getting angrier by the minute. “Thanks, Elena.”

“Well, you are! And don’t be ashamed of it! But Damon, he…” Elena sighed. “He doesn’t care about human lives anymore…”

You’re wrong, I wanted to say. He cares about me. Even though he won’t say it, I know he does. “Elena, just…” Shut up! “I know,” I said calmly and slowly. “you’re trying to help. I appreciate that. But I can take care of myself. I trust Damon.”

Elena had a pained look on her face. “That’s the thing, Liv. You can’t trust him.”

“Elena, don’t you see how different he is?” I was so close to exploding. “It’s because I trust him that he’s different. Nobody trusts him. He needs someone to trust him. I wouldn’t be back with him if I didn’t trust him.”

“…..Or love him,” Elena said quietly.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*

“I know!” I said, balancing the phone on my shoulder and cheek, holding onto the pan of brownies, and closing the oven door.

“That sucks, I’m sorry,” Alex sympathized.

I was telling him how I burnt my fingers making these damn brownies. “They’re not burned, though, so that’s good. Hey, when’re you coming over?”

“Oh, so you have time from your ‘secret relationship’ now?” Alex mocked.

“Shut up. I’ll hang the phone up again.”

Silence. “I’m very sorry.”

“Good.”

“I should be over as soon as I have rent Whip It. You talk crazy over it all the time and I haven’t seen it yet.”

“No, stupid, it’s cartoon night!” I scolded. “Which means I got Mickey Mouse’s ‘Three Musketeers’ and ‘The Prince and the Pauper’, and Spirited Away, My Neighbor Totoro, and I own all of the season of ‘Avatar’.”

“No Hiyoa Miyazaki!” Alex whined.

“Shush, he’s awesome.”

“And I thought there was only one Avatar movie? Jeeze, James Cameron’s gotta knock it off with the—”

“No, it’s a show called, ‘Avatar; The Last Airbender’.”

“Oh, okay. I like that show.”

“Have you seen the new trailer for the movie?”

“Oh, yeah. It was so cool!”

“I know! Jackson Rathbone looks exactly like Sokka! He’s amazingly hot!”

“…Uh…no comment on that one…Besides, don’t you have a smoking boyfriend?”

I cut out a piece of brownie and put in on a napkin. “Who told you he was smoking?”

“Jewels. Well, I mean, she said you had a smoking boyfriend. Obviously she thinks you two are still not together. ”

My mouth dropped. “Oh my God!”

“….What? Liv, breathe now.”

“Jewels told me was dating someone—that she broke up with that someone—and she was with a new someone…” I grinned. “Speaking of secret relationships!”

Alex sighed. “I was gonna tell you tonight.”

“No, no, spill now!”

“Liv. I don’t spill. I’m a guy and guy’s do not spill.”

“I’ll get it out of Juliet, then,” I said.

“Fine. Go ahead. She’s a girl. She can spill.”

“So, great. She can come over tonight.” I was still slightly angry with she and Steph, but more of the fact was I didn’t want to see for fear I would spill my guts about Damon.

Alex groaned.

“Uh-oh, fork in the road, already?” I teased, trying not to giggle.

“No, she just….She will spill everything while I’m just sitting there…”

“All embarrassed. Poor you. I’m still inviting her. Maybe Steph and Kurt, too.”

“If you’re turning this into a huge ‘date night’ why don’t you have over your boyfriend?”

“Fine. No boyfriends or girlfriends,” I mumbled.

“Haha, I win—ooh, hey whatta bout Emperor’s New Groove?”

“Nah-uh, sick of it.”

Poor Alex went through a list of cartoon movies he could rent but finally gave up and drove over. Instead he brought over bacon pizza.

I was laying on the couch, eating popcorn in the apparently weird fashion I do, watching ‘Avatar’, the episode in season two where they’re stranded in the desert. “’It’s a giant mushroom! Maybe it’s friendly!’” I quoted while Sokka was talking. “’Friendly mushroom! Mushy, giant friend!”

Alex laughed at me. “You watch this too much.”

I shrugged. “It’s my favorite episode. I can’t help myself.”

I continued to quote everything Sokka said until Alex got annoyed. “That’s it, we’re watching something else.”

“No!” I protested.

“Then shut up.”

I nodded. “Okay, shutting up.”

My cell phone was vibrating on the kitchen counter. Alex jumped. “What the hell?”

I laughed, getting up lazily to grab the phone. “It’s just my cell, scaredy cat.”

“I thought you threw it out the window?”

I sighed. Was I never going to live that down? I answered the phone. “Hello?”

“Olivia?” a shaky voice asked, that I almost but didn’t quite recognize.

“Yeah?” I asked, confused.

“This is Joseph Barker. I need you to come by the county hospital.”

My heart picked up it’s pace. “Why, what’s wrong?”

“It’s your mom.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm talking my friends on the phone, so I can't say much--here's a horrible cliffhanger