Sequel: Say You Remember Me

Say You Love Me Damon Salvatore

Love Cakes and Love Muffins

I ran up the steps to my friend’s house. The door opened before I even reached it and I ran into the awaiting arms.

“Whoa, whoa, Livia, it’s okay,” Steph soothed.

“I’m sorry, you guys,” I told both Steph and Juliet.

“Come inside, it’s freezing out here,” Juliet ordered.

I broke down sobbing once we sat on the couch. “Jeremy…..he attacked my mom. Now she’s….in a coma and….” I could barely get through what I was saying. I was coughing and crying, hyperventilating.

“Quiet, now, it’s gonna be okay,” Steph assured in a calm tone.

“No it’s not!”

“Liv—”

“What if she dies?” I asked them. “What if she doesn’t come out of the coma? What am I going to do without her? I’ll have to live with Aunt Moira, cause God knows my father doesn’t want me!”

Juliet looked at Steph worriedly. Steph said, “Liv, stop it now. You mom is going to be all right. Everything will be okay. You’ll see.”

“How can you be so sure?” I cried.

“I can’t…” Steph said honestly. “But I know you’re mom. She’s going to pull through this.”

I leaned against Steph’s shoulder, crying like a five year old in her mother’s arms over scraped knees. Sometimes I did wish I was a little girl again. Because bruised knees hurt less than a broken heart.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

I received chocolate hearts from Steph and Jewels for Valentine’s Day. I stayed the night at their house, at some point receiving a worried call from Aunt Moira of where I was. I visited my mom, just to see if anything changed. The wound was healing, which meant no more loss of blood. But she was still in a coma.

What a shitty Valentine’s Day, I thought.

“Why do you build me up?
(Build me up)
Buttercup, baby, just to let me down
(Let me down)
An mess me around. And then worst of all
(Worst of all)
You never call, baby—”

I picked up my phone. “Hello?”

“Hey, Snookie Wookie.”

I stared ahead. “Snookie Wookie?”

“Okay, sorry, that’s with using Rachel, hold on,” I heard Damon typing something. “Aha! Love Cakes.”

“What are you talking about?”

“Facebook, Love Cakes, it’s a game. You get to see your sexy Valentine nickname.”

I rolled my eyes. “Oh, brother.”

“Ew…”

“What?”

“I’m Love Muffin…”

I laughed. “You’re insane.”

“So, what’s new, Love Cakes?”

“First off, do not call me Love Cakes, Love Muffin. And second, a lot’s new and I’ve gotta talk to you.”

“….Aren’t we talking now?”

“No, I mean in person,” I said.

“You’re not gonna breakup with me again, are you?”

I rolled my eyes. “No, this is serious. It’s Jeremy.”

Suddenly Damon was all serious. “What’d he do?”

“He attacked my mom,” I said, trying to be calm. “She’s in a coma. Do you know anything about…” I lowered my voice. “Do you know anything about vampires being able to make humans go into comas?”

“I’m no doctor,” Suddenly Damon was beside me, taking my phone to shut it off. He ignored my gasp of alarm. “but I think it could be shock.” When I kept staring at him, he smirked. “Hi.”

“Hi.” I took my phone back, putting it in my bag. “How’d you know where I was?”

“You said you mother was attacked, which equals hospital,” Damon said with a shrug.

“Oh.”

Damon wrapped an arm round my shoulders. “You wanna get out of this place?”

I nodded up at him.

Damon had a sly smirk on his face. “You better hold on tight….Love Cakes…”

I slapped his shoulder playfully. “Shut up!”

Damon burst out laughing. “I’ve always wanted to say that to a girl who knew I was a vampire and appreciate the joke! You know, with being all, ‘Oh my God, that’s so sexy’.”

I rolled my eyes. I should have gone to see him in the first place last night. He wouldn’t let me feel sorry for myself—he just made me laugh.

“Seriously, we’re just gonna walk to my car,” Damon said.”

“But of course, Love Muffin.”

FLASHBACK-

“Mom…?” I walked sheepishly into her room.

It was dark in there and cold. I don’t know how I remembered how cold it was—maybe it was just me.

“Yes, honey?” my mom asked. She sitting on her bed, the reading lamp while she read a book.

I sat beside her, staring at her seriously. She put the book down. “Honey, what is it?” she asked me.

I studied my hands. How was I ever going to tell her this? Okay, start slow. Don’t freak her out, I told myself. “Um….I have to tell you something…”

My mother faced me, worry in her eyes. “What is it?”

“Well….Jeremy, he…” He’s a vampire? Really, Olivia, I scolded myself. “He’s become violent, Mom. He keeps threatening me….”

“Violent? How do you mean?” Just like that, my mother’s eyes changed from worry to anger.

With trembling fingers, I pulled the collar of my shirt down so she could see the bite mark. “He’s not what he seems. And he won’t let me break up with—what’re you doing?”

My mom put the phone to her ear. “Calling the police.”

“No!” I cried, panicked.

My mom didn’t stop. “Why not?”

“Mom, he’s really dangerous….” Oh, great, now I really have to tell her. “Mom, please believe me. I’m not insane and I’m not lying…..he’s a vampire….”
♠ ♠ ♠
Meant for this to be longer, but I got annoyed with writer's block, wrote the last two lines of the chapter, and decided what the hell. It's long enough. The next one should be better, though. Sorry again--thanks, also, for all your wonderful story comments!