Sequel: Say You Remember Me

Say You Love Me Damon Salvatore

Indestructable, Tom's Diner, Barbie Girl, & A Kiss

Well, the good news is, the elevator didn’t break down. The bad news is….my dream. I had this stupid, stupid dream last night and I was so glad it was a Saturday so the chances of me seeing Mr. Salvatore were even less, assuming I didn’t go out today. I guess I just wouldn’t leave the house. Unless, of course, he were to come here….oh, God….but why? Why would he ever…..Nevermind. Anyway, here’s my dream:
I was standing, alone, somewhere that included a small lake and green grass. It was sunny with perfect white clouds. But then the grass started yellowing and the water became rapids, black clouds covering the sky until it was nearly pitch black. The wind picked up and then there was fog around me. Distantly, I heard the sound of a crow.
I started to run back to my car but suddenly Damon was in front of me. He had a dangerous and stubborn look on his face, like he was there for a reason and he would get what he wanted.
He didn’t say anything, just grabbed my waist, pulling me into him slowly. And I couldn’t do anything about it. He smirked, and then the nightmare really began. He kissed me. Not rough or gentle, but somewhere in between. And I….kissed him back. I whispered something through his lips and he kissed me again and again and again….
And, oh my God, if I see Damon Salvatore, I swear I will kick his ass! I can’t even get away from him in my dreams! Gah. Life sucks.

I practically threw the diary away, not at all wanting to remember that horrible dream—no, nightmare! Something to look forward to when I went to bed at night. Hey, at least he shut his mouth. God, I couldn’t believe I just put a ‘bright side’ to the whole scenario!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~

“Maybe you like him.”
I started throwing my dirty clothes into a laundry basket, the phone just barely staying balanced by the side of my face and my shoulder. “I don’t even know why I told you about the stupid nightmare in the first place.”
“Oh, right ‘cause it’s a private thing. I gotchya.”
After a very boring morning, I had called Steph to ask her opinion on my nightmare. And I get this. “I do not like that douche! C’mon, Steph—“
“Touchy, touchy,” she giggled.
Giggled? “You seem oddly happy,” I said, changing the subject.
“Well, I hate to kiss and tell, but….”
“Wow, Kurt finally stepped up, huh?”
Steph giggled again. “It was nice, Liv. I mean….I actually really like him.”
“Well, I’m happy for you. Both of you. Kurt seems like a really cool guy.”
“He is….”
Everything got awkward after that. So I said, “Hey, I’ll see you Monday, alright?”
“Oh, sure. Unless you wanna have a double date Sunday? Just think, me, you, Kurt, Damon Salvatore….”
“Haha,” I said sarcastically and hung up, shaking my head in disbelief.
Me and Damon Salvatore…what a laugh. As if….
There was a knock on the door downstairs.
“Mom, can you get that?” I called.
There was no answer.
Sighing, I ran down with the laundry basket. “Who is it?” I asked whoever was at the door, dropping my laundry basket.
“Um, Elena.”
I paused by the door. “Who?”
“From school?”
“Uh…” I opened the door. A blonde girl with blue eyes stood there wearing an awkward smile. “Oh, yeah. The other Salvatore’s girl, right?”
“Stefan,” Elena nodded.
“Um….would you, uh…like to come in? Or are you here to see the principle?” I asked awkwardly.
“Um….actually, can we talk out here?”
I blinked. “Uh, yeah…sure,” I walked out, closing the door behind me. “So, what’s up?”
“You were at the prom last night. With Damon,” she said.
“Yeah, but…ugh, it’s all really embarrassing but my mom set me up—“ and I haven’t confronted her yet. “Why does it even matter? Basically, though, I really don’t like him at all.”
Elena smiled. “Well….I can see that,” her face turned serious. “What I came here to say is….well….be careful of Damon. He’s….” she trailed off.
“A troublemaker? Don’t worry, staying away from him won’t be any grief for me.”
“Sure, but….him staying away from you isn’t as easy….”
The way she said that, it made my skin crawl. “Well….I’ll just try to remedy that. Thanks for, um….stopping by.”
She nodded awkwardly. “If you ever need help, just call me if you need help. I can deal with Damon.”
And I can’t? “Sure,” I said, a little miffed about the entire thing. Saying a last goodbye, I went back inside.
Wow, that was weird.
The door burst open. The principle stepped in, groceries in hand.
I glared at her. “Hon, help with the groceries. There’s more out in the car,” she said.
Unbelievable! She wasn’t even going to acknowledge prom! Oh, the hell she won’t! “We need to talk.”
“Fine, just as soon as the groceries are in.”
“No, now. You took off before I could get a chance to yell at you.”
“I’m your mother, you aren’t supposed to yell—“
“What the hell were you thinking?”
Helen’s eyes grew wide. “Excuse me?”
“Setting me up with Damon Salvatore! God, why do you have to be so clueless?”
“Don’t take that tone with me, young lady—“
“He’s a total douche, Mom! And you set us up behind my back. How the hell could you do that?”
“Don’t use that language with me—“
“Oh my God, Mom! Are you even listening to me?! Of course not, why on earth would you do that? What a stupid thing!”
“That is it, you are grounded!”
I stared at her, my mouth open dumbly. I laughed insanely. “Fine. Ground for all I care! But you know what you did. And I will not forgive you for it, either!”
Helen pointed at the stairs angrily. “Go to your room!”
“Oh my God, are you serious?!”
“Rachel—“
“I’m going!” With that, I ran up to my room, slamming the door as hard as I could. I turned my radio on full blast. I was lucky I had a 30 Seconds to Mars CD in, playing From Yesterday. But that wasn’t even enough. I put in my iPod, turning Psychosocial by Slipnot in to full blast. If that didn’t get Helen’s attention nothing would. She, and just about the entire neighborhood, knew that when I put my music up to full blast, especially on hard songs, it was my official ‘fuck the world’. That always got Helen pissed and right now I wanted her as pissed as she could be.
I am so immature, but I don’t care.
My door burst open. I closed my eyes, pretending not to see Helen barge in and turn my radio off. Hence the IPod.
I couldn’t hear her yelling over the music, but I knew she was.
Finally the earplugs were ripped from my IPod. “Hey!” I said, getting up and snatching for the IPod Helen waved in her hand childishly.
“We are not done here, young lady!”
I rolled my eyes. “You were the one that sent me to my room.”
Taking my radio and IPod, Helen stormed out. I took my laptop and put on playlists.com. Careless Whisper by Seether was at the top of my playlists so I played that, though it wasn’t nearly as hard as I would have wanted. I turned that to full blast and hid it in my closet, where Helen was too stupid to find it. If she were to find that, I had my shower radio. Yeah, I was a little obsessed about music.
Somewhere in between a Breaking Benjamin song I crashed with my face planted in my pillow.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

When I woke up, it was dark out. My alarm clock said it was 12:31. Indestructible was on. Which was funny since I didn’t even have Disturbed on my playlist. I picked up my head, groaning. I looked around my room to the sound of the music. It wasn’t coming from the closet anymore. I glanced at my desk. And screamed.
“Good morning,” Damon said boredly, still staring at my laptop screen.
“How the hell did you doing get my house?” I screamed.
He shrugged. “The window was open.”
“Just because the window was open doesn’t mean you can come into my house!”
Damon glanced at me, eyes glowing in the dark like a cat’s. “You invited me in.”
I stared at him. “I did not—“
“You sure did. I wouldn’t have come in otherwise.”
Sure, I thought. I sighed, too tired to protest any longer. “Why are you using my laptop?”
Damon turned back to the screen. “Just looking at your song list.”
“Why?”
He shrugged. “Your computer was loud.”
“And you so happened to be on the block and heard it.”
He smirked. “You could say that.”
“Well, what’s the verdict?”
He looked back up at me with a wolfish smirk. “You are quite the music guru.”
I blushed a little. “Why do you say that?”
“Well, you have all different types of genres on here.”
“Mostly hard rock, though. But, yeah, I can’t really just have one favorite band or type of music….” Why was I talking to him about this, anyway?
“80’s? Really?”
“Only the good stuff,” I defended, getting up and walking over to look at my computer screen.
“What the hell is Tom’s Diner?” Damon laughed.
“Suzanne Vega,” I said, turning the song on. “Now, I don’t really like her other music, but this one’s different.”
Damon listened to it and grimaced. “It’s…..definitely odd.”
“Yeah, well…that’s probably why I like it,” I started humming the song.
“Okay, that’s it.”
“What’re you doing?!”
“Changing the song,” he clicked a random song. Barbie Girl started playing. “Oh, God!” I laughed and just turned it off completely. “What the hell do you have that on there for?”
I shrugged. “For kicks, I guess.”
“You’re kidding, right? After you have all those other good bands?”
“Oh, and who do you find good?”
“I don’t know. I’m not really into music anyway, so what does it matter?”
I smiled. “It matters to me.”
Damon looked back at me, face serious. I swallowed hard, holding my breath. He started to lean in, eyes on my lips. I stayed completely still, unable to move. God, my nightmare was coming true. Only….I was actually leaning in, too. I was wanting him to kiss me.
He smirked and chuckled a little, his breath hot on my cheeks. Before I could change my mind, his lips were against mine, the same pressure they had been in my dream.
Oh, so now it’s a dream?
I ignored the voice in my head, closing my eyes and enjoying the feel of Damon’s lips against mine.

I jolted upright in bed, breathing hard. I look at my alarm clock. It was 5:23 AM. I ran to my laptop, still in my closet but not playing any songs. I looked at my playlist and laughed to myself. Disturbed, Suzanne Vega, and Barbie Girl were the last three songs. Thank God it was just a dream, though I swear I still felt his lips against mine.
I checked the window. It was closed and locked. Sighing, I collapsed back on my bed. No more nightmares of Damon Salvatore, please……
♠ ♠ ♠
Sry, I just realized how short this was :P Oh, well, at least it's something!♥