Damned If I Do Ya

1

Trying not to stare was the hardest part of all of this. As hard as I tried my eyes found themselves glued to Jack Barakat. My best friend and the man I loved more than anything.

"Alex, are you okay?"

I jumped at the sound of Jack's voice and swore to myself. I'd probably been staring at him like an idiot for the past ten minutes. You drive me insane Jack. I need you more than anything in the world. "Yeah dude. I'm fine."

"Are you sure?"

Only I could read the concern in Jack's eyes and hear it dripping from his voice. It gave me a tiny glimpse of false hope that maybe, just maybe Jack could love me the way I loved him.
"It's nothing. Trust me Jack. I'm okay." I said forcing a smile and praying he would by it.

"Not buying that Gaskarth," He answered grabbing my hand and pulling me out of the small room.

I gasped and bit my lip trying to keep myself under control. I glanced behind me at Rian's questioning look and flipped him off with another forced smile. He grinned and did the same.

"What's wrong? And don't give me this bullshit that you're fine Alex. I know you. Somthing's wrong."

I bit my lip. I had to get the balls to do this someday. Why not do it now? "I..love you Jack."

He stared at me for a few seconds not saying a word.
"Come again?"

"I said I love you Jack Barakat." I closed my eyes trying to imagine the look of horror on his face.

"Alexander William Gaskarth, I've never loved anyone as much as I love you."

I could feel my jaw drop open. I opened my eyes slowly only to find him leaning in to kiss me. I gasped and wraped my arms around his waist.

He grinned and pulled me up the stairs and I could feel my face heat up. This was gonna be fun.