Lovers Who Uncover

Young Ones Grow Anxious to Proclaim Their Advances

I saw him standing there, looking somewhat stiff in a wonderfully filled out suit. He didn’t belong, really, but he tried to make do with what he had. The people surrounding him didn’t care much for what he had to say, but he was nice enough to stand next to them and pretend to be interested in their words, regardless of their ignorance towards his.

I hadn’t been speaking to much of anyone. I sat quietly in the corner, legs crossed while taking an occasional drink from a bottle of water I’d been carrying around with me for the last hour. My age and my name prevented me from joining in on the party with everybody else. The awards had finally all been given out and we’d said our goodbyes to the camera, the fans and the media; I was finally left alone.

This was when I realized there was something slightly beautiful about him, even if it was extremely masculine. His features weren’t perfect, but the small imperfections (although there were few) were what made him so attractive. His body made me envious, to be honest, and at first I stared in jealousy before desire.

“Hey, I’m Nick Jonas.”

He didn’t appear to be interested, but I didn’t appear to care. I held my hand out, ignoring the fact that I was flushed and my voice still sounded a little raspy from straining my voice too hard earlier that night. His eyes lingered for a few seconds before gazing back across the room.

“Alex.”

I knew his name. He knew I knew it.

“You were good tonight.” This addition made me blush possibly more than I had been.

“Thanks, you were good too.”

“I only spoke.” He grinned, and I instantly noticed how there were enough teeth to finally fill his entire smile.

Although I was normally easy to talk with, it wasn’t easy to carry on a conversation with Alex and he showed no sign of trying to help me. I understood that his vocabulary might be slightly limited, but I was sure that he could have spoken if he’d wanted to.

“So, do you come to Canada often?” I grimaced after the final word left my mouth.

Most of the time I tried to make myself sound like I wasn’t just some seventeen year old kid that had been accidentally thrusted into spotlight, but sometimes I couldn’t help but act my age. I was young, I was a little bit stupid and I was attracted to the big, famous hockey star. I couldn’t deny it. If he had asked me, I would have told him.

“For hockey, yeah.” He turned to look at me again, but it was only for a second.

“Cool.” I chewed my tongue, hoping that he’d say something a bit more interesting back.

But he didn’t right away, instead, he looked over again. This time his eyes lingered a little bit longer. It made me fidget where I stood, having him somewhat tower over me and look me over from head to toe. I felt his eyes hit over every small curve of my body.

“Want to go somewhere?”

I swallowed dryly, my eyes searching frantically for one of my brother’s amongst the crowd. I didn’t see either of them, and I wasn’t about to oblige on Alex’s offer if I had no reason to.

“Sure, yeah.” I said pleasantly, maybe a bit too pleasantly.

“We can go for a walk or something.” suggested Alex, his hand directing me towards the door.

I watched as he looked behind us, his hand grazing the lower end of my back. I assumed he was checking to see if anyone was following us, or maybe watching from some isolated corner. I would have been nervous if I could have possibly convinced myself I wasn’t imagining the entire scene before my eyes.

“You’re young.”

I wasn’t sure if he was stating it or questioning me, so I just shrugged my shoulders in return. We’d reached a secluded area, leading to a small balcony off of the building. We were far from the ground, and I tried my hardest not to look at the distance below us. His large hand grabbed my collar, pulling me in behind him. I didn’t hesitate or struggle, allowing his arms to grip and shove me in any direction he pleased. I was somewhat comfortable against the brick of the building, the cool night air blowing at my neck.

“I think you were hitting on me back there.”

I breathed deeply, scraping my tongue across my dry lips for a desperate attempt at moistness. He smiled, lines smoothly developing across his cheeks. I wasn’t sure what to do, but I felt his hands curve gently around my waist. Leaning closer, his forehead pressed against mine.

“Is this weird or what?” I muttered, chuckling to myself nervously.

“Not unless you want it to be.” He let out a small laugh as well, but his was shorter and notably more forced.

A part of me wished he’d been a bit more gentle, his hands ripping the top buttons almost directly off of my shirt. I hadn’t done anything like it before, so on top of being nervous I was still on the edge of thinking about whether or not to leave.

Then I felt his lips. On my neck, on my cheek, on my own lips. They seemed to get everywhere. His breath had a hint of alcohol, but I didn’t get the feeling that he was drunk; he was too firm and steady to be drunk.

“How old are you, though?” His voice stung in my ears, and I thought about not lying for a second.

But the truth was: I didn’t want to risk missing out on this. “Eighteen.”

“How much time do you think we have?” His eyes were caught below my belt, and this made me anxious.

“I don’t know, until they get us to leave.” I wasn’t of much help. I didn’t know how long I’d be stuck here, just that it was until Joe or Kevin told me it was time to go.

“Come home with me now, then.” suggested Alex, his lips ending up back on top of my own.

I pushed him away, mostly for myself to be able to breathe without him in my mouth. I could taste him, even if only lightly. I liked it, too.

“I-I don’t know.” I stuttered, shivering a little as his hands crept down my thighs.

“I can’t do anything here.” stated Alex, finally backing away, hands removing themselves roughly.

That was it. I was turning on my heels to head to the door, preparing myself to go tell someone I was leaving. I wasn’t sure if Alex was behind me or not, but I didn’t care. I passed people every so many steps, but I didn’t even worry about whether or not they’d seen me and Alex outside.

Then I saw Joe, looking anxiously around the crowd, and I knew he was trying to find out where I’d disappeared to. I waved a little, and he focused in on me, waving his arm for me to come over.

“Where were you?” He peered down at my shirt, noticing it was mostly hanging open. “What the hell happened to your shirt? Did the fans do that?”

“Yeah, the fans…” I trailed off, watching as Joe shook his head in aggravation.

“I don’t understand why they have to rip the clothing off of us, you know? What’s the point in that?”

“Right, well, I’m going to go-”

“What? It’s not even late yet, and you know that Kevin’s not going to want to leave yet.”

“I’m really tired.” I added a small, quiet cough. “I think I’ve come down with something too.”

“You’re sick?” Joe rolled his eyes out of aggravation. “We’re on a world tour, Nick, you can’t be getting sick. I’ll call for a car or something to come get you.”

“I can do it myself, really…”

“Get some of that flu medication stuff if you can, or some of those candies for your throat.” His hand flew to my face, and I almost panicked in fear that he might be able to smell Alex on my lips. “You know, your forehead does feel a bit warm. Or maybe it’s my hand… I don’t know, but just get some rest.”

“Yeah, I’m going to get a lot of rest.” I confirmed, nodding my head in a slow motion.

Alex was across the room, his hands sitting in his pockets as he watched the conversation I was having with Joe. It pleased me to see that he hadn’t grown tired of waiting or left without me.

I left Joe in the middle of the crowd, knowing he was watching my exit. I made a brief, yet warm nod towards Alex as I left in the doorway. It was a while before I heard following footsteps. He caught up to me in fast strides, a smile etched across his face as we continued to walk towards a car that was waiting directly in front of us.

I assumed Alex had called it, since I had failed to do so, even after telling Joe that I would. I should have known that Alex, the real adult, would have thought to do so. His hand gripped tightly on my knee on the drive to the hotel.

His hotel room was simple. I don’t know why I’d been expecting anything different. Seeing the bed as the focal point in the room pointed out to me that we hadn’t come to his hotel room just to hang out, that this was going to be serious.

I looked over to see Alex loosening the tie around his neck, giving me an incredibly smug smirk. I wondered to myself if he’d had any idea at all who I was before tonight.

“Nervous?”

“No, just- yeah, I’m nervous.” The words tumbled out of my mouth.

It was funny to me, kind of. The idea that I was the one having trouble speaking even though I was the one out of the two of us that actually spoke fluent English.

“It’s okay.”

“I know, I’m fine.” I said this mostly to assure myself; I was almost convinced that it wasn’t the nerves that got at me, but the excitement.

He was unbuttoning his shirt at this moment. I looked down at my own fully clothed body, observing almost instantly that there was a button torn from my shirt. My fingers, shaking, gently plucked at the remaining buttons.

Alex stood in front of me in his underwear: a small, black pair of boxer briefs. They clung to him in a flattering manner, making me feel slightly self conscious as I removed my own pants. But he still smiled at me, so I took it as a sign that he wasn’t too disappointed with what he saw.
♠ ♠ ♠
So, I know, this is the oddest pairing ever, but ever since they both appeared on the MMVA awards: I've been thinking it.
Oh, and there's two parts.