You Had Me Wishing We Were Something

11

Image

"Heres the food mom"John said as we walked into the kitchen and he placed the bags on the counter.

"Thanks you guys, doing my shopping saved me a lot of time, now I just have to cook"She chuckled as she looked through the grocery bags.

"Want me to help?"I offered.

"No need sweety. I'm fine right now. Go do your homework or something"She smiled.

"You sure?"I asked

"Positive"

"Okay,I'm gonna go get my laptop and go outside"I answered as I started walking out of the kitchen

"Alright"Cindy replied.

As I walked to the staircase, John pushed past me and jogged up the stairs.

Wow dick much? I was already beyond pissed at him for having a problem with the way I dress, and now he has to go and push me out of the way? Jerk.

I walked into my room and then realized I had no idea where I put my laptop.

After about 20 minutes of searching, I remembered I left it in the bathroom this morning.

I decided to watch youtube videos while I got ready for school.

I walked into the bathroom and heard muffled voices coming from Johns room. I stopped dead in my tracks right in front of the counter were my laptop lay and listened intently as Johns door was cracked open a bit.

"It was ridiculous man"I heard John say.

"Hey I told you they talk to her like that man"I heard Eric's voice. I didn't know Eric was over.

"It was actually pretty irritating."John replied and he sounded mad

"I know dude, I mean at the dance, even though they knew I was her date, they still said stuff like you should have been my date, I would have been an amazing date. They acted like I wasn't standing right next to her" Eric said with a light laugh

"I hate the way they talk to her. I just wanted to punch them in the face"John groaned

"Dude, I'm your best friend, be honest with me, do you like Aubrey? I mean you get mad when shes with another guy" I heard Eric say with confidence and my heart started beating for Johns answer

"Honestly?"John asked

"Yes"Eric replied

"No, I don't."He said softly.

Thats all I wanted to hear. I grabbed my laptop and left the bathroom.

I just huffed and walked down the stairs.

Hearing that didn't bother me as much as it should have. I think the real reason it didn't get to me was because I knew he never liked me from the start.

I still felt the same way about John as I had before. I liked him. A lot. Even if he didn't like me. I didn't care. Hes never liked me.

Maybe it would be smart to just move on. I don't even know why I like him. I just do. I need to figure things out I thought as I walked into the backyard and plopped down on the grass right in the middle of the backyard.

I put my laptop on my lap as I had my legs crossed and opened Microsoft works. I had an English essay due at the end of the week that I thought would be smart to start now.

After writing about a paragraph in a half hour, I couldn't concentrate. I just stared at my computer screen. Thinking about John. Surprising right?

"Why are you out here?"He laughed as he sat down next to me.

"And what are you doing out here Nick Santino?"I smiled

"Oh so were doing the full name basis?"he chuckled.

"Sure"I laughed"But I'm just attempting to write my English paper"

"So glad I'm out of school"He sighed in relief and I laughed

"Shut up, don't brag"

"I'm not"He chuckled.

"So what are you doing here?"I asked him.

"We're all meeting up here and then we're going to hang and do something, I went into th kitchen to say hi to Mrs.O and saw you out here so I decided to say hi"He smiled at me

"Well hi"I laughed

"You should come hangout with us"Nick said

"Nah, I'd rather not"

"Why? Do you think John would flip shit again if he saw me do this?"Nick laughed as he placed his hand on my thigh.

"That was fucking stupid"I laughed as I looked back at my computer screen and re-read what I had already written.

"I was surprised when he snapped at me like that, not gonna lie"

"Whatevs"I said with a shrug as I still was reading.

"So you coming with us?"

"Nope"

"Why?"Nick whined.

"Plenty reasons. Reasons 1 and 2. John would hate it if I went, and plus its a school night"

"Oh come on. have fun. And John wouldn't care"

"Oh you don't know anything"I said shaking my head

"Fill me in"

"Okay look. I need someone to talk to. To get some things off my chest. Can I trust you?"I asked turning all my attention to Nick.

"Sure, of course. I promise I wont say a word"

"Really? Promise?"

"I promise. I can keep secrets"He smiled.

I needed to talk to someone. Eric was useless. And besides he was part of my problems. So he wouldn't work .And I like Nick. He was nice and I got the feeling I could trust him.

"Okay for starters"I breathed" I like John..A lot"

Nick chuckled"I could have guessed that"

"How?!"I asked amazed

"I don't know, I would just think you would"He laughed

"Oh would you think I like Eric too?"I asked and he stopped laughing and then smiled

"Eric and John?!"

"Shhh, shut up"I said as I looked behind us at the house.

"Wow Aubs."

"I know. But I like John way more. I don't know why. He treats me like shit. He acts like I'm nothing. I don't exist. But I'm drawn to him. I want to know everything about him. I want him"

"And Eric?"Nick asked

"I don't even know. I think I only like him because I felt explosions when I kissed him. But you know, he felt nothing"I mumbled.

"Thats not what I heard"Nick replied

"What? What are you talking about?' I asked him confused

"Well Eric was telling me and Kennedy about your dance date. He mentioned that you kissed him, and said it was the most perfect kiss hes ever received. Even though it only lasted like a second"

"He said that? Then why did he lie to me?"I asked amazed

"He knows you like John I'm guessing. Or John likes you. Eric is the type of guy that doesn't like to get in the middle of things."

"Hes such a sweet guy"I smiled thinking about him

"But you like John too. And you even said you want him more"

"I do. I don't even know about Eric. Hes just a guy I like. But Johns THE guy I like. You get it?"I asked

"Johns the main guy?"He asked with a laugh

"Yeah pretty much"I laughed too "Even though he pisses me off, gets me nervous, or ignores me, I still want him. This has never happened to me before. Ive never fallen hard for the asshole"

"But Johns not an asshole"

"Maybe not to you"

"Maybe he likes you"

"No, trust me, he doesn't"I said with a sigh thinking about what I heard earlier.

"Hes driving you crazy isn't he?"

"Oh you have no idea. I mean Ive been thinking about living on campus next semester. Like in the dorms"

"Do you really want to do that?"Nick asked me softly.

"Yes. I need to get away from him. I mean I'm insane over him. Hes like a drug I want badly, but cant seem to get. Maybe not living in the same house as him would help."I said as I looked down at my laptop

"But then I'd never see you"Nick said like a 5 year old and I laughed

"This is the second time we've ever talked"I laughed

"So? Doesn't mean I don't consider you a good friend"He smiled.

"Nick?"I asked looking over at him

"Yeah?"

"Please don't tell John or Eric or anyone my dilemma"

"I promise"he smiled sincerely.

~~

I was sitting crossed legged on my bed with my laptop on my lap. I hadn't gotten any work done since I talked to Nick.

Mrs.O'Callaghan had her guests downstairs and i decided to just stay up stairs while they talked and caught up or whatever.

"Good Night Aubrey. and Oh, my games this Saturday"Shane said standing in the door way of my room

"Night Shane, and great, I promise to cheer you on"I smiled.

"Thanks Aubs"He said and left my room. Why couldn't John be as nice to me as Shane? I mean John had his moments. The moments that made my heart pound out of my chest.

"Aubrey can I talk to you?"He asked softly and I looked up at the doorway of my room to see him standing there.

"Sure"I said confused "I thought you left like a couple hours ago"I said as John stepped in to my room

"I wanted to ask you about something"He said as he walked over to my bed and sat on the edge and faced me

"Shoot"I said as I looked at him

"Nick said you were thinking about living in the dorms next semester"He said softly.

"Nick told you?"I asked shocked. He said he wouldn't say anything

"Yeah, thats all he said. I mean I didn't even know he talked to you about that"

"Oh"I said relieved thats all he said

"Are you going too?"He asked

"Would that make you happy?"I asked looking down knowing his answer would be yes.

"Actually no"He said softly and I looked up at him to see him looking down.

"Whats that mean?"I asked confused"You want me to stay living here?"

"Yeah"He shrugged.

"Thats why you came back early? To tell me to stay here?"I asked still confused. Oh wow really?

"Yeah, I mean my mom loves you. She would hate it if you left"

"Oh, right"I said looking down again. Of course it wasn't him that wanted me to stay.
♠ ♠ ♠
hahah im posting this because I go sooo many
comments. hehe it made me smile so heres an
update:)
Commentttt and ill post the next chapterrrrrr:D