You Had Me Wishing We Were Something

14

Image

I awoke from my nap a few hours later. I sat up in bed and looked to my dresser where my beautiful flowers were in a vase. I couldn't help but smile.

John was right about that. Flowers do make girls smiley.

I swung my covers off of me and got out of bed. I noticed that I had actually gone to sleep in my uniform and decided to quickly change out of them.

I put on my dark blue abercrombie sweat pants and a simple white cami.

I quickly stretched and then left my room.

I walked into the kitchen to see Cindy making dinner.

"Want me to help?"I asked her and she smiled

"Can you please mix the sauce for me sweety?"Cindy asked nicely and I smiled and agreed to do so.

~~

Dinner was quiet. Mr.O'Callaghan and Mrs.O'Callaghan spoke about work and what they did today, but me and John stayed quiet. Shane was over his friends house for the night.

I wanted to thank John for the flowers, but I didn't want to do it in front of his parents. I mean I think that would just be weird.

John didn't even look up from his plate the whole time. I wanted badly to just make contact with him, if only for a second.

But he just ate in silence. I sighed and just ate.

~~

I was upstairs in our joined bathroom brushing my teeth aggressively. I was a little mad. I mean he cant just give me flowers and then ignore me. I mean hes always ignoring me and its getting old.

He does something cute but then doesn't back it up with being nice. I just want us to be friends at least. This whole situation is making me mad and crazy.

I stared at myself in the mirror as I brushed my teeth. I was getting madder by the second.

Was I not pretty enough for him?

Just as I was about to actually chuck my tooth brush at the mirror, John walked in.

I stopped brushing for a second, sighed, and then kept brushing.

"Hey"He said softly as he squeezed tooth paste onto his toothbrush.

"Hi"I mumbled as I kept brushing

After that he didn't say anything. Of course not.

I took my toothbrush out of my mouth and turned to face him.

"Thanks for the flowers"I said softly.

"No problem"He said and then stuck his toothbrush in his mouth and started brushing, not even turning to look at me, just looking straight ahead in his mirror.

"Fuck all this"I said with force and chucked my toothbrush at the mirror and walked out of the bathroom.

I grabbed a cloth off my dresser and wiped my mouth form any remaining toothpaste.

"Whats your problem?"John asked walking into my room with his toothbrush in his mouth.

"My problem? Oh well, thats simple.You" I said as I picked up my brush from my dresser and looked in the mirror above my dresser and started brushing my hair.

"What did I do?"He asked a he took his toothbrush out of his mouth and just held it.

I looked at him through my mirror

"Why do you always have to ignore me? What do I seriously do to you that makes you so mad?"I asked as I stopped brushing my hair and turned around to face him

"Nothing"He said simply. I fucking hate his one word answers.

"You know what? All this doesn't even matter anymore. I'm moving into the dorms. I'm calling my parents and having them arrange it for me first thing in the morning"I said as I started brushing my hair again.

John froze. He didn't say anything, just stared at me."Don't leave"He said quietly.

"I cant take this anymore. You're driving me insane, I hate your fucking attitude"

"Don't leave because of me"He said softly as I saw his fist tighten around his toothbrush, gripping it with force.

"You know what? You're right. I'm not going to let you get under my skin. I love your mother. I know for a fact it would break her heart if I left. She told me so herself. I'm not a mean person. But I'm just not going to let you get me heated up anymore."I said coming to a conclusion. I knew I should leave. But Cindy would always tell me she loved having another girl in the house,helping her out. I would feel like such a bitch if I told her I was leaving.

I also actually didn't want to leave John but at the same time I did. If I moved onto campus, I would never see him again. I think that would break me worse then anything. I feel like my life would be empty without him.

"Whatever. I don't even do anything to you anyway. We aren't friends Aubrey. We don't have to chit chat every time we are in each others presence"He said with a sigh as he stuck his toothbrush back in his mouth

"You're right"I said and turned around and started brushing my hair again "Now get the fuck out of my room"

"Gladly"He said and spun around and went back into the bathroom

~~

I was sitting in the back yard on the little swinging couch reading a book for English class.

"I love when you wear your glasses"He said as he sat down next to me.

"I never know if I should believe you or not"I said simply as I kept reading.

"You should"He chuckled"Didn't feel like wearing your contacts?"He asked.

"Nope, I wasn't planning on going anywhere today so I decided not to put them in and just wear my glasses"

"You should do it more often"

"Why do you like my glasses so much?"I asked as I put my book in my lap

"They're cute"He shrugged

"Why are you even talking to me? I thought we weren't friends and didn't need to talk" I said a little rudely. Even though I was glad he was talking to me. Even though this boy confused the hell out of me, I still felt attracted to him. I was actually scared about this whole thing. Would I like John forever? Why cant I stop liking him? Why do I keep hoping he'll be mine one day?

"But I feel like talking. I have nothing better to do"He said with another shrug.

"Aren't you going somewhere?"I asked as I picked up my book again and held it in front of my face.

"Yeah, Max will be here soon."

"Have fun" I said with a sigh

"I guess. We're just meeting up with Amber and his girlfriend Morgan"

"Double date? Those are always fun"I said attempting to concentrate on my book, but I couldn't. So I was basically holding it up and staring at the random words, not reading them.

He actually reached up and lowered the book so he could see my face and it made me smile lightly.

"For the millionth time, I'm not dating Amber" He said with a sigh

"I don't care"I lied

"Really? You don't care?"

"Where are you going with this John?"I asked suspiciously.

"No where, or some where"he laughed lightly"Would you care if Amber was my girlfriend?"He asked as he stared into my eyes smiling lightly.

"Would you care if I cared?"I smiled back with a gentle laugh

"I don't know, maybe"He smiled.

"Well then, I don't know maybe I'd care" I said smiling too.

"Would you want to be my girlfriend?"He asked

"I don't know, maybe"I laughed. "Why? Would you want me to be your girlfriend?" I giggled. This was just a funny conversation. One I never thought I'd be having with John and not being nervous. I mean I was actually laughing and smiling. I wasn't fidgeting with my hands and stuttering. I actually answered him without thinking

"I don't know maybe"He smiled

I just playfully shook my head and lifted my book up again and attempted to continue reading.

A few seconds later, John lowered my book again and without me even taking notice, leaned in an planted a soft kiss on my lips. It wasn't rough or anything. It was sweet and passionate.

"I'm gonna go now"He said as he pulled away.

"Okay"I said a little shocked still as he got up and walked away.

What just happened?
♠ ♠ ♠
I seriously love everyone that comments, you make my day:)
haha your the only reason I update:)))

Comment if you want me to updateeeeeeee:)