You Had Me Wishing We Were Something

18

Image

I woke up the next morning thinking I would be sore but I wasn't.

Me and Eric had fallen asleep on his bedroom floor. We at first sat on the floor leaned against his bed as we were on his laptop. Then we layed down and just fooled around on the computer and eventually fell asleep.

It was actually nice falling asleep with Eric's arms protectively around me. It was nice to feel wanted.

Eric was everything I wanted in a guy. He protected me, he makes me laugh, hes an amazing friend, and there is never a boring moment with him. I feel so comfortable with him.

Knowing that he doesn't want to date me because of John makes me mad at John though.

Eric is convinced John wants me but I'm convinced otherwise.

"Morning"I said as I saw Eric's eyes start to open

"Hey"He smiled. "The floors always comfy"He chuckled

"It is"I said as Eric moved a piece of hair out of my face and I smiled.

"I don't feel like I want to get up"He laughed

"Me either"I smiled.

"What are you doing today?"He asked me

"Homework. I have loads of it"I said with a sigh

"I'm having band practice today"

I smiled "Thats fun"

"Yeah, I love playing music"He smiled.

"Well you're good at it"I giggled.

"Well thank you"He said as he kissed my cheek. "Shall we get up?"

"I guess"I said with a sigh

~~

"Hey Shane"I smiled as I sat down on the couch next to him

"Hey Aubs" He smiled.

"What are you watching"I asked

"Nothing, channel surfing"He said simply

"I should probably get started on my homework"I said with a sigh and got up.

Eric had dropped me off about half and hour ago. I basically just took a quick shower and changed into comfy clothes.

"Alright"Shane replied and I got up and started walking up the stairs and to my room. I walked into my bathroom getting my laptop, and then I heard music.

I took a step to Johns room door from the bathroom and looked in as it was open a bit.

John was sitting on the edge of his bed with his acoustic guitar in his hand playing Into Your Arms as he sang the words softly.

The lights were off and the only light was provided by the sun through his windows

I actually stepped into his room quietly and watched him play, making sure I was quiet and didn't disturb him.

I couldn't tare my eyes from him. It was so amazing. It was so great. I could seriously just listen to him play all day.

Moments like this helped me remember why I like him so much.

As John started singling the last verse, his eyes actually wandered up and he automatically stopped playing as he saw me standing there.

"How long have you been standing there?"He asked softly, a tad surprised

"Not to long"I said pretty quickly as I started fidgeting with my hands.

"Oh"He said as he looked down at his acoustic in his hands

"You're amazing"I heard myself say softly.

He looked back up at me and then gave me a light smile and said "Thanks"

I just gave him a soft smile and was about to turn and leave, but then he started talking.

"I hope you know I wasn't serious when I said you weren't worth it yesterday"He said as he looked down again.

"I didn't know. So thanks for telling me?"I asked a little confused

"I was just mad. I don't want Eric liking you"He said as he didn't look up

"I don't want you mad at him" I said softly "Everything just got way out of hand yesterday and it shouldn't have"

"I know.I really messed up things yesterday. Eric's been my best friend for ages and I was actually going to fight him. I actually wanted to hit him"John said with an I'm-stupid laugh "And then I hurt Amber. She called my crying yesterday. I just fucked up a lot of things yesterday" He said still not looking up at me

"Did I cause it?"I asked sadly.

"Its all my fault"John said as he played a random note on his acoustic.

"You can fix things just as easy as you mess them up."I said softly.

John actually looked up at me and gave me a warm smile "Thanks Aubrey"

"No problem"I said a little confused at why he was thanking me.

"I need to fix things with Eric. I know that. But Amber. I don't know if I want to."He said as he looked back down at his acoustic

"Why not?"I asked as I leaned on the wall next to his bathroom door

"I don't like her. I mean her parents want me to be with her, my parents want me to be with her. But I feel like I'm just stringing her along because I know she likes me and I don't want to hurt her. I don't feel anything romantically with her. I have to pretend to like her so I don't hurt her and disappoint our parents"

Wow maybe John really was a great guy. I'm starting to see his true colors. Hes a sensitive guy that DOES care about others feelings.

"You're hurting her more this way"I said softly happy to know he had no feelings for her what so ever

"I know. I have to talk to her, settle things"He said looking up at me.

"Yeah"I said nodding my head.

"Do you want to be with Eric? I mean I know you told me you don't like him, but thats plain bull shit" John said as he played the first note to Whoever She is I realized and then stopped and looked back up at me.

"He doesn't want to be with me"I said softly looking down

"Why?"John asked confused.

"You. He wont date me because he doesn't like to stab his friends in the back. Hes stupid, hes convinced you like me"I mumbled

John laughed lightly. I wasn't sure why though.He probably thinks its funny that Eric thinks he likes me. Of course it is.

"Do you want to date him?"John asked softly.

"Yes"I said instantly,quietly. I didn't even think about it.

"Alright"John said slightly nodding and didn't even look at me and started playing Whoever She is

"I love this song"I smiled and I saw a smile appear on Johns lips as I said that. He stopped playing a few seconds later and looked up at me

"I don't know if you know this, but we're going on tour in about a month"He said looking me dead in the eyes

"Oh"I said my voice dropping, sadly. I didn't want John gone. How long would he be gone for?

"You seem sad about that?"He asked with a light laugh

"Ill miss you"I said with a little shrug

"Really?"He asked a tad surprised

"Yes. I mean you are apart of my life. I hate when people leave me"

He smiled "Its only for a couple months"

"Thats a long time"I said my face dropping. Two months without John? Ill literally die.

"I guess"He said with a shrug and looked back down at his acoustic.

"Well I have a lot of homework,I'm gonna go get started on it"I said softly as I pushed myself off the wall.

"Alright"He said softly not looking up.

I turned to walk back into my room and then I heard John go

"Hey Aubrey?"

"Yeah?" I asked as I turned to face him.

"Ill miss you too, just so you know"He said with a little smile

"Thanks John"I smiled back and walked out of his room.

He continues to surprise me. He confuses me. Wow he really knows how to get my heart going.

~~

"Hey Aubs"Eric smiled

"Eric"I said happily as I walked over to him "Youre picking me up today?"

"Looks like it,how was school?"

"Good I guess"I said with a shrug and he chuckled and kissed my cheek.

"So I talked to John today"He said softly, still smiling lightly

"Is everything okay? Everything good?"I asked pretty fastly and Eric chuckled.

"Yes, we fixed things. He also told me he really doesn't like you, and if I want to date you I can and he wont get mad over it" Eric smiled as he tucked a piece of hair that was in my face behind my ear.

"Really?" I asked faking happiness and acting giddy. Deep down I was torn. Sad. I wanted John. Thats what Ive been praying and hoping for. To hear that he likes me. For him to tell me he likes me.

"Yes"Eric smiled big "Do you want to be my girlfriend?"He asked with a cute smile as he held out a single rose to me. Roses are good I guess...

"I would love to"I smiled took the rose from him and leaned up and pecked his lips.

I want to date Eric, I really do. I mean hes perfect for me.

But John...
♠ ♠ ♠
haha I love how everyone took teams lol.

Well comment and ill post the next chapterrrrrrrrrr:)