You Had Me Wishing We Were Something

29

Image

"What do you want Brett?"I asked annoyed as I slammed my locker door shut and faced him

"Whats you're problem today?"Brett asked with confusion written all over his face. Probably wondering why I snapped at him. Its all his fault John doesn't want me. God, I'm not in a good mood and considering its all because I like well LIKED Brett, John wants nothing to do with me.

"I don't want to talk to you. Ever again. Okay? So leave me the fuck alone and never talk to me again. Good, great"I said and swung my messenger bag on my shoulder and walked away from him leaving him there standing with his mouth slightly open, completely shocked.

Sure that was mean. But John meant way more to me then Brett. Like a million times more.

I walked into class and took my normal seat next to Josh and sighed. My life is beyond complicated.

~~

"What the fuck is this?"He asked as soon as I opened my dorm room door.

"A piece of paper?"I asked confused. Why was John here? Big surprise.

"What the fuck Aubrey?"He asked mad as he held the paper in the air above my head. He seemed very angry.

"Wanna tell me whats wrong?"I asked confused. I still couldn't believe he was even here.

"What is with these grades?"He asked through his teeth

"How did you get my report card?"I asked confused and then answered my own question "Oh thats right, you're mom is basically my guardian so she gets a copy of my report card"

"Want to explain to me why the fuck these grades suck?"

I just shrugged

"Thats not a good answer Aubrey. You're grades are important!"

"Ive been busy"I said with another shrug "I forget to do my homework sometimes"

"No, you never forget to do your homework. Whats going on!?"

"Want to come in so you know, you're not yelling at me in the hallway where everyones can here?" I asked as I stepped aside.

He just rolled his eyes and walked into my room.

I closed the door after him

"Um thats my roommate Lydia, Lydia this is John"I said introducing them

"Hey"John said softly but from the look on his face he was still pissed as he gripped my report card in his hand, slightly crumbling it.

"Hi"Lydia said chipper. Like she usually is."Ill leave you two alone. I'm gonna hit the library,"She smiled as she started walking out of the room. I knew she wasn't going to the library, that was usually her code word for when she was going to search for a dorm party. There are always miny ones that break out everywhere.

"Aubrey, this isn't normal, you're really strict about your school work. You would think since you live at you're school you would do better, but its the complete fucking opposite!" He yelled at me

"Well, Ive been busy going to party's and hanging out with Brett"I said a little quietly as I shrugged yet again

"That guy?! Its all his fault you're basically failing?!" He pretty much screamed but I remained calm

I just shrugged again

"I'm going to kick his fucking ass"John said completely heated.

"I made the choice to go with him, he never forced me."I said rolling my eyes

"You hate party's"John said through his teeth

"Not anymore"I said simply

"You are no longer living here."He said shaking his head

"I happen to like it here"

"You're making poor decisions.I wont allow it"

I rolled my eyes "I promise to do my homework okay?"

"I'm pretty sure you aren't only failing because of homework"

"Fine I promise to do better in everything"I sighed

"Good" He said his voice calming down

"Why do you care?"I asked curiously.

"Schools important"He shrugged

"Okay"I said softly.

"I guess ill go"He sighed as he turned around

"No don't"I said as I grabbed his hand, making him face me"Cant we be friends? Stay here for a while. Lets just hang out"

"Friends?"John asked his face scrunching up slightly and it made me smile

"Yes. As much as you don't want anything to do with me, I don't want you out of my life"

"Aubrey, look, I'm sorry. I was mad. Really mad"He said with a little laugh "Obviously I care about you if I came here to yell at you about your grades"He chuckled.

"Thanks John"I smiled softly

"So friends?"He smiled

"Yes"

"Whats there to do here?"He asked as he looked around my dorm

"Well Lydia most likely wont be coming back for a while"

"Oh"John smiled as he raised his eyebrows.

"I didn't imply that"I laughed as I rolled my eyes."It means I'm hungry and we are going to the vending machine"I laughed.

"So she wont be back?"John asked as we started walking out of my dorm

"Maybe? Why?"I asked as I looked over at him as we walked down the dorm hallway

"Shes cute"John chuckled.

"Hey"I said and smacked him on the chest. He just kept laughing."No John seriously,if you hit on my roommate or go after her or-"I started rambling a little angry. but he cut me off

"I was kidding, chill Aubrey. But you are even cuter when you get mad."He chuckled

"I wasn't mad"I mumbled

"So where are we going?"He asked as we kept walking down the hallway.

"Next turn, down the hall, I want snacks" I laughed.

John just chuckled. As we made a turn I realized there was a group of people just hanging out in the hallway. One of them being Brett.

I stopped in my tracks and John stopped too and faced me confused. I just stared down the hallway contemplating on whether or not to go down there.

"Whats going on?"John asked and I looked over at him and he was staring down the hallway.

"I'm not exactly friends with Brett anymore."I said softly as I looked down.

"Wait, Brett as in that guy down there? Thats the guy you like? That guy? The guy you met when we came to get your book? You're fucking kidding"He groaned.

"Yeah"I said as I bit down on my lower lip

"Why aren't you friends with him?"John asked

"I got mad after that day I had that conversation with you and I took it out on him and told him never to talk to me again"I said with a shrug

"Oh"John said and looked down.

"Lets just go back to my room"I said turning around and starting to walk back the way we came

"Are you sure?"John asked as he followed after me

"Positive"I said managing a smile.

As we walked back down the hall to my room, I looked straight ahead and then groaned.

"What was that for?"John chuckled and then a second later they approached us.

"Hey do you remember me?"She asked super happy as she stepped in front of John.

"Oh, uh, yeah. Ashley right?"John asked with a little smile as she smiled wide at him, probably happy he remembered her. I wanted to just knock her teeth out.

"Yes"She smiled"You never called"She whined playfully and I just discreetly rolled my eyes

"I'm sorry. I lost your number"John chuckled as he looked over at me and I smiled lightly and looked away.

"Well here"She said as she took his hand"Now you cant lose it"She said as she took a pen out of her pocket and wrote on his hand. OH MY GOD! SERIOUSLY?!

Her little posse where just giggling in the background. I hated these fucking people.

"I guess I cant"John chuckled."Well I gotta go"

"Alright talk to you later"She smiled. I rolled my eyes again and started walking as John followed.

"You're not calling her just so you know"I gladly informed him as we almost reached my door.

"I'm not?"He chuckled

"No"I said as we reached my door and I opened it. John just laughed as we entered my room.

"Awe no roommate"John joked as Lydia's bed was empty.

"Shut up"I snapped.

"Someones mad"He chuckled. He obviously was having fun with this whole situation

"No I'm not"I snapped again.

"Whatever you say.Buy anyways, its Monday, so its a school night. You should actually get to bed. I guess ill go"

"Why don't you spend the night with me?"I asked as I completely faced him

"I don't think thats aloud"

"Its not. But its not like they check on us. I mean me and Brett always crashed together all the ti-"Then I cut myself off "I mean it doesn't matter, you can. Please?"

"I'm going to ignore the part about Brett"He mumbled "but alright."He said with a little smile.

"Yay. Sleepover"I said and clapped my hands.

John just playfully shook his head.

Me and John got on my bed and snuggled under the covers. I always felt so comfortable with him. I loved sleeping next to him

"Promise to be here in the morning?"I asked as we laid on our sides and faced each other

"I promise"He said softly with a smile.

"You know, I'm really glad you're back. I really do like being with you. I mean its insane how much I missed you"I laughed

"Oh you have no idea how bad it was for me. I mean when I was performing, I would randomly see your face pop up everywhere in the audience. Yes I went crazy"He chuckled.

"Can we just forget everything? Every bad thing? Every argument? They tare me apart"I said thinking back to the one we had a few days ago. From that conversation, I would never had thought John would be here in my dorm room, laying in bed with me.

"Of course"He said softly, smiling. I was getting tireder by the second. My eyes were starting to open and close as I was almost drifting to sleep. God, I never realized how tired I was. I didn't want to sleep though. I wanted to stay up and talk with John all night.

"Go to sleep"He said softly "You do have school in the AM"He said as he draped his arm around my waist and pulled me in a little closer. I moved closer the rest of the way and buried my head in his chest. I loved his scent. I loved everything about him.

As my eyes closed I heard John whisper "Ill always love you"

"I love you too"I said back just as quietly about a second before I drifted fast asleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
Aweee thanks for all the comments! hehe the only reason I
update:) ^_^