You Had Me Wishing We Were Something

36

Image

I woke up to Johns light snoring. I actually couldn't get back to sleep. I was on and off the entire time since John decided to come over.

I was in and out of sleep. Johns light snoring was actually getting soothing.

I looked over John at the clock on my nightstand seeing as though I still had two hours to be asleep.

I groaned and put my hands over my face. I couldn't get back to sleep if my life depended on it. I looked at Johns face and I just wanted to give him a smack. Stupid fucker for waking me.

I crawled out of bed a few minutes later, not even worrying if I woke him. He was out cold. He wouldn't wake if there was a massive earthquake.

I walked across the room to Eric, who was not snoring but sleeping.

I got under the covers with him and shook him gently.

"Eric"I whispered. I loved Eric with everything I had. I just felt like I wanted to talk to him. I couldn't sleep and I needed company. And John definitely wasn't the company I was looking for.

"Aubs?"He said sleepily as he opened his eyes"Whats wrong?"

"Nothing"I said quietly."I cant sleep"

He smiled. "Alright"He said with a little laugh and sat up and I did the same

"I'm sorry, about John basically. Who knew he was coming?"I sighed. I loved John, obviously, but he had the nerve to come here drunk, yell at Eric for being here, tell me he almost cheated on me, and then kick Eric out of my bed so he could take his spot. I of course wasn't mad at him. I was only mad that I couldn't get back to sleep and was now waking poor Eric again to be up with me.

"Its fine, whatever"He shrugged but then smiled at me.

"I'm sorry for waking you too"I laughed, not worried about John waking. He wouldn't wake. Besides, who cared if he woke?

"No problem at all"He said and nudged my shoulder with his.

"I hate drunk people"I mumbled as I looked over at John.

"He probably wont remember anything that happened last night when he wakes"Eric chuckled

"Oh, probably"I laughed

"Well he proposed, he should remember that"Eric smiled at me. It was a hurt smile though. I just shook it off.

"Hes ridiculous"I said and rolled my eyes

"What you wouldn't marry him?"Eric joked

"No, of course not."I said with no hesitation

Eric smiled. He was happy about my answer. I just smiled back, what else was there to do?

~~

Me and Eric talked for an hour, then for the next hour I decided to get ready for class.

I got out of bed with Eric laughing. I love this boy. No matter what.

"I have to get some aspirin"I sighed as I looked over at Johns sleeping form and then walked into the bathroom.

I grabbed two aspirins and walked back into the room to see Eric stretching. I smiled at him and then grabbed my water bottle from the mini fridge in the corner and walked over to John.

I shook him roughly. He needed no gentle treatment.

He groaned and then opened his eyes and automatically put his arm over his eyes, blocking out the sunlight.

"Wake up. You have to leave soon"I said simply and threw the water bottle to him, hitting his side causing him to groan.

He grabbed the bottle and sat up. He looked so out of it. So drained.

"Here ya go"I said as I handed him the pills.

"Thanks Aubs"he said managing a small smile as he then put both pills in his mouth and drank them down with the water.

"Yup"I said and turned on my heel. I walked over to my dresser grabbing my uniform.

"Yo, you need to get the fuck out"John said to Eric as he got up off the bed.

I turned to John and glared at him"John"I said warningly.

"No, you're getting changed, I don't want him in here"He said rolling his eyes. Hes always so chipper.

"Its fine, ill change in the bathroom"I said rolling my eyes back.

"No, its fine"Eric said as he slipped into his shoes. "Ill go anyway. See you later?"He asked me

"You don't have to leave yet"I sort of whined and I caught Johns glare in the corner of my eye but I could care less.

"No, its fine"He chuckled. "Ill call you later?"He smiled

"You better"I smiled back.

"Just leave"John said aggravated to Eric.

"How about you fucking leave?"I snapped at my bitter boyfriend.

"I'm gone"Eric said simply. He didn't care at all, he just walked out, giving me a little smile.I gave him a little wave as he closed the door behind him.

I then full on faced John.

"Why do you have to be such an asshole?"I asked him.

"My heads throbbing like a mother fucker, my girlfriends flirting with her ex boyfriend and I just want to go back to fucking bed" He said in one breath

"First off, I wasn't flirting with Eric, he is my friend, you have no say in it, hes your friend too just in case you didn't know, and maybe I dont really request your company at the moment. Maybe I rather hangout with Eric. I mean at least Eric keeps promises"

"If I remember correctly, this perfect Eric of yours cheated on you" He said matter-of-factly.

I squealed. "If I remember correctly, you almost cheated on me. I mean thats at least what you told me. Maybe I should have a chat with Amber and see what really happened"

"Nothing happened"He said through his teeth

"Whatever, I don't even care. Just get the fuck out, I need to get ready for class"

"How long are you going to be pissed at me?"he asked with a sigh

"I'm not pissed at you"I said as I placed my uniform on Lydia's bed and then took off my shirt. Arguing with John was wasting time and I needed to change already.

"You're obviously mad. I promise I didn't do anything with Amber"

"If I were to be mad, that wouldn't even be the reason. I can care less what happened with Amber. I really don't want to know about it truth be told, I want us to stay together. I mean longer then four days at least"

"Then why would you be mad? and we are going to stay together for longer then four days. I have no intention of ever breaking up with you.I want to be with you forever"

"I would be mad because of the way you treat Eric. And I don't know, forever is a long time"I said as I slipped off my pajama bottoms and put on my plaid skirt. I get a little freaked when people talk about 'forever'. I mean sure people say to each other that they'll always be together forever. But thats just a load of bullshit. They say that then, but then hey, the next day they could break up. The futures a mystery. I want to cross that bridge when I get there.

As much as I love John and want him to be mine forever, I have to face reality and live day by day. Even though I'm highly sure I would die without him.

"You don't want to be with me forever?"He asked a little hurt. The look on his face was actually really cute. It was hurt missed with confusion. I shouldn't have found that face cute, but I did.

Then something funny popped into my head and I completely forgot what he asked me.

"Did you know you asked me to marry you last night?"I asked with a laugh as I buttoned my shirt.

"Oh"He said and looked down."You said no?"He asked as he looked up at me

"You don't remember?"I asked

"No"He said with a shrug. I didn't think he would. "What did you say though?"He asked as he bit his lower lip

"I didn't say anything. I knew it was the alcohol talking, and besides I wouldn't marry you. Thats just crazy"I laughed as I walked over to my dresser and started to fix my makeup in the mirror.

"Why is that crazy?"He asked softly.

"We've barely been together. How could you be so sure you want to be dedicated to only me for the rest of your life?"I asked as I opened my mascara. I would dedicate myself to John for the rest of my life. No doubt. But I think he would find that hard. He is a heart throb. Girls want him. Girls want him in bed with them.

What if he meets a girl he automatically falls for at one of his shows? We are to young. I also don't really want to go through divorce though. And I'm pretty sure it would be John who would call it. I don't think he would be able to only be with me for the rest of his life. As much as he loves me now, that love will eventually start to fade. He'll get bored with me.

"I don't know, I love you?"He asked as I caught him roll his eyes through the mirror.

"Marriage is out of the question."I said as I started to apply my mascara.

"Yeah it was stupid of me to even bring it up"He mumbled.

I just continued applying my mascara "You were drunk"I laughed."You didn't know what you were saying.

"So let me get this straight? You're saying you don't want to marry me?"John asked and I looked at him through the mirror and he was putting on his shoes, not even looking in my direction.

"Thats exactly it"I said simply. We've been dating for four days, how are we talking about marriage? Crazy.

"Fine. I'm gonna go. Ill call you when I feel like it"He said and then just walked out.

I spun around astonished holding my mascara staring at the door John just left through. What a horrible good bye.

Why was he all of a sudden mad?
Did I say something?
♠ ♠ ♠
Its been a while