You Had Me Wishing We Were Something

04

Image

"I have to piss"John said walking into our bathroom.

"I'm brushing my teeth"I said as I stuck my tooth brush back in my mouth and kept brushing

"I can see that. But I still have to pee"He said as he was leaning against the door that led to his room. As I turned all my attention to him, I noticed he was only wearing his boxers.

Oh boy, whats this boy trying to do to me? His tattoos were awesome, ugh god. I quickly turned my attention away from him so he wouldn't realize I was staring.

"I'm getting ready for school. Use the one down the hall"I mumbled due to the fact I had the tooth brush in my mouth

"Either you get out, or ill just piss while you're still in here. I honestly don't give a fuck"He said as he started walking to the toilet.

"Ugh, fine, two seconds. I'm out"I said as I stuck my toothbrush under the faucet and rinsed it and then rinsed my mouth.

"Have a good day at school"He chuckled as I left the bathroom. I had no idea what he meant by that. Was he making fun of me that I still had to attend?

I just shrugged it off and jogged down the stairs. I entered the kitchen to see Cindy making coffee

"Johns almost ready, he'll be down here in a sec"She said referring to John as in her husband. He usually bought me to school in the mornings. Either him or Cindy.

"Ill go check on him, eat something"She smiled as she walked out of the kitchen.

I just grabbed an apple, rinsed it, and then sat down at the kitchen table and bit into my apple.

"Yum, fresh coffee"John, as in the son, said as he walked into the kitchen, but was now wearing a shirt.

I kept eating my apple, but discreetly watched him as he poured himself some coffee, and then grabbed a bowl.

He placed the bowl and cup of coffee on the table across from me and then went to the fridge. He grabbed the milk and then a cereal box.

He sat down across from me and started making his cereal.

I didn't bother saying a word to him. I was to scared truth be told. I didn't know if he would snap at me or he would just give me one word answers like he usually does.

I just continued eating my apple and then he spoke.

"I'm picking you up from school today"He said as he didn't look up from his bowl of cereal as he mixed the cereal with the milk.

"Oh. I'm sorry. If you don't want to you don't have to. I could walk or-" I rambled but he cut me off

"Aubrey, its fine" he said simply as he looked at me for the first time for like a split second.

I didn't say anything. I just dropped it at that and finished off my apple. Whats the point? If I did say something, he wouldn't want to respond anyway.

But maybe he didn't really hate me. I mean he was nice about picking me up.
Or maybe I just don't want to believe he hates me.

~~

"Hey Josh"I smiled as he took the seat next to me. Over the past week, me and Josh have become friends. It was nice having a guy actually talk to me. I mean guys at school did talk to me, but it was usually that obvious hitting on me talking. I wasn't in the mood to have guys hit on me. I think John was driving me crazy. Literally. Its like my goal was to get him. Get him to at least be my friend. He was the only guy I was focused on.

"Hey Aubs"He said with a smile.

"Whats up?"I asked as I chewed on the cap of my pen

"Can I ask you a question?"He asked

"Shoot"I said with a smile and took my pen out of my mouth

"Would you go on like a date with me?"He asked a little nervous but kept his composure

"Umm maybe some other time?"I asked. Josh was great, but I didn't want to date him.

"Oh, its okay, okay"He said as he looked down at his desk.

"No Josh, I like you, you know, I just don't want to date anyone, at all. I want to get used to this place more. Ask me another time in a while. I promise ill say yes"

He smiled "Ill hold ya to that"

I just smiled back and stuck the pen back in my mouth and started chewing even more on the pen cap. Whats John doing to me? Why do I want him? Someone answer these questions for me.NOW.

~~

What surprised me was that John was actually parked outside as soon as I walked out of school.

I walked to his car and got in.

"Hey"I said softly.

"Hey"He said back and just started the car. I put my seat belt on as the car started moving.

This car ride was as silent as the first. I badly wanted him to start a conversation with me. But no, of course not. Whats wrong with me?

The one guy I want to like me, doesn't even take notice in me.

I just sat there fidgeting with my hands, what I usually did when he was around.

As he pulled up at the house, I just got out and walked to the front door. I was happy that the car ride was over, but at the same time, sad that it was. As I said before, I liked being in his presence. MAJOR ISSUES

"Hey honey"Mrs.O'Callaghan greeted me as I walked through the front door

"Your home?"I asked as John walked in right after me and closed the door right after himself.

"I took the rest of the week off"She said as we walked to the kitchen

"Oh, thats fun"I laughed lightly.

"Oh, Ive meant to tell you. This is mine and Johns anniversary weekend."

"Congratulations"

"Thank you sweety, so we are going away for this weekend. Is that fine?"

"Yes of course. So ill watch Shane?"I asked as I sat at the counter/island.

"Not necessary. Hes going to be staying at his grandparents place. I mean you have school so you cant always watch him, and Johns never usually home to get him to his games, so I think it would be smart to have him stay at his grandparents. So its only going to be you and John. Is that okay?"

My voice got caught in my throat for a second and then I just said

"Yeah"Softly.

"Well hes never usually home anyway, so you'll have the house all to your self"She chuckled.

"Okay"I smiled.

Hopefully John really wont be home. Imagine how nervous I would be if it was just me and John in the house alone?

I wouldn't know how to act.

~~

I was brushing my teeth before bed as John walked in.

He didn't say anything to me, and I obviously didn't say anything to him.

He grabbed his tooth brush and started brushing his teeth.

It was silent, all you could hear was the sound of the toothbrush moving back and forth across our teeth.

I finished brushing my teeth and then rinsed my mouth. I placed my toothbrush back in the cup and grabbed the mouth wash and gurgled.

After I finished, I turned off my sink and started to walk out of the bathroom, completely ignoring John, even though my heart for some reason was beating unexpectedly fast.

"Night Aubrey"I heard him say softly as I reached my bedroom door.

"Night"I said a little confused as I looked back at him, and then walked out of the bathroom.

If my heart was beating fast then, imagine how fast it must be beating now.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments are important to me because they tell me what you think of the story.
So comment and then ill update.