The Guy Next Door!

Why did she leave me?

“Wait what is happening? MUM? MUM CAN YOU HEAR ME?” I hang up the phone mid sentence of what Sean was saying because something even bigger was going down.

The doctor comes running in with a machine behind him. Wait I’ve seen this before, the beeping, the shocky things, the heaps of doctors and nurses... mum is dying.

“WHAT IS HAPPENING? WHAT DID YOU DO? SHE CANT DIE! SHE HAS TO STAY HERE WITH ME, SHE IS ALL I HAVE!” I screamed while tears ran down my face, I couldn’t believe it, she was going to die, she can’t die, she is a mum, and she has to look after me.

One of the nurses takes me outside and tells me that everything was going to be fine and that I should go get something to drink, but I couldn’t leave.

“Please come Cassie, that’s your name right? Cassie,” she says holding onto my hand, I nod slightly, “you need to come with me, she will be fine, and all you need is a drink of water. Now come on.” She says pulling me along with her.

I followed her to the cafeteria, and I got a glass of water. When we walked back to mums room, the doctor was standing in the door way. I already knew it, she was gone, they always do that silent walk up to the family on TV, and that is what was going on here.

I walk up to the doctor and all he says is ‘I’m sorry’, and that is when I knew for sure. It was over; I was going to be all alone. The second he told me, I crashed to the floor crying, she is gone and I have to live in the world, all by myself.

After about an hour of crying on the floor of my mother’s room, I slowly stand up and walk over to her bed. There has been a sheet, placed over her, with a tag sewed onto it that said ‘Ms Charlotte Davids DOD: 26 June 2010’.

I slowly pulled the sheet up and I saw her. Her face was as pale as a cloud, and she looked nothing like herself. I pulled the sheet back over her body and see 2 men come in, and take her away.

“Wait,” I call after them, “can I just say one more goodbye?” I ask catching up to them. One of the men nod, and both of them walk into a little kitchen that was probably there for staff only.

I pull the sheet off of her face and place a soft kiss on her fore head, and say “I love you mum. I will be ok by myself, trust me.” Then I pull the sheets back over her head and get the attention of the men and say

“Thank you. Make sure she is looked after please.” I say while putting her hand back under the sheet

“Sure thing Ms. Don’t worry, the dead are looked after here.” One man said before starting to push her away. I couldn’t believe that this was going to be the last time I was going to see her.

I know that I have pictures and everything, but what I don’t understand is why no one was here, by my side, holding my hand, and then I remembered that there was someone. I walked back to my mum’s room and grabbed all her things and my stuff.

I started for the front door of the hospital when I got blinded by a camera flash. I had totally forgotten about the camera crews that were outside, trying to get information about what had happened.

Don’t they have anything better to do? Why do they thrive on the news of people’s losses and troubles? I go to the front desk of the hospital to be greeted, cheerfully buy a 50 something year old women, who seemed to be crying, but she was still cheerful.

“Sorry to interrupt you, but I was wondering, if there was another exit from the hospital to the parking lot across the street. I really don’t want to be greeted by,” I said looking at the camera crews outside and pointing, “Them.”

I look back at her and see that she understands what I am going through, in a really weird way; she looks like my mum, kind of.

“Sorry dear, only the main entrance. But if you come with me, I will drop you off at your car. Just follow me through the staff exit and I will drop you off there.” She said while trying to get someone else attention to look after the switch board, while she gave me a lift.

We started walking out the back of the hospital and over to her car. I hoped into the passenger’s side and she dropped me off at my car.

I hopped out and thanked her with a thousand thankyou’s, and got into my car and started driving home, ignoring all the things that were going through my mind at that time and trying to think about what will be happening at school tomorrow, finding anything to think about besides mum. I drove into the garage and pulled the brake on.

I sat back in my seat, and thought if any of that driving had done anything, but thinking about it, it hadn’t. I held onto the steering wheel of the car tight and just... cried.

Crying and yelling and screaming do a lot to your vocal cords but I didn’t care, all I wanted was my mummy back.
♠ ♠ ♠
so hey to all the new readers!
just a heads up, the next couple of chapters are... intense!
btw it is just a story, none of this has happend to me... personally!
so holidays are for the rest of the week, so ill update evry 2 days JUST 4 U!!!
comment+ subscribe= <3 n happy kizza :D