Status: Fixed errors, updating again. :)

Nevermind Me

Sleepovers

For the rest of the time we were in Canada, I tried to hang out with Julian everyday. We went to poetry nights, movies, ice cream parlors. We sat outside café’s sipping coffee and talking about our favorite pieces of literature. He’d recite a poem and I’d guess it. Shakespeare’s 18th sonnet, Edgar Allen Poe’s My Annabelle Lee. It was great.

I was so excited to have someone to do the things I wanted. Someone who liked what I liked and shared my ideas. I was extremely comfortable, sitting and laughing with Julian. He was funny, smart, witty, and polite. He met my mother and she couldn’t be more in love. It was great to have someone to relate to.

I had decided I’d invite him over tonight for a sleep over. We rented a bunch of movies and bought loads of food guaranteed to pack on pounds. I got room service to bring some extra blankets and pillows to the room, along with more towels. I had a feeling someone would make a mess with something tonight.

As I checked over the room, mumbling to myself, I felt someone wrap their arms around my torso, proceeding to twirl me around. I yelped, holding on to the arms that were holding me. Soon enough, I realized it was Joe. We both laughed once he made us both tumble to the ground.

“You could’ve fallen on me.” I teased, gently shoving his shoulder as he lay beside me

“It was actually my goal.” He smirked and I shoved him again, making us both laugh. I sat up, pushing my hair away from my face with my hand.

“You look like a freakin’ Rapunzel.” Joe said, reaching out his hand and tousling my hair.

“How so?” I questioned, pushing my hair back.

“Juliet look at your hair. It’s longer than long.”

“So are you saying I should cut it?”

“Never.” He smiled and I returned it. I got up reaching out my hands for Joe to grab. “C’mon. Help me make sure everything is ready before Julian gets here.”

I heard him grunt, “For why?”

“Joe don’t say that; it makes you sound slow.

“So? What if I want to sound slow?”

“Of course you’d say that. You’re Joe .” I rolled my eyes, laughing.

“Whatever.”

“Why don’t you like Julian?” I asked him, opening a bag of fruity candy and putting them into a bowl.

“Huh?”

“You heard me.” I smirked.

“It’s not that I don’t likehim. He’s just… whatever.” He shrugged, grabbing a bottle of soda from the mini fridge.

“ I don’t believe that. I think you don’t want to like him.”

“Oh. How do you figure?”

“I don’t know. I’m definitely not an expert on the workings of the male mind.” I answered.

“And here I was, thinking you were brilliant.” He rolled his eyes playfully. I threw a pillow at him before laying on the bed. A moment later, he lay beside me silently offering me some of his 7UP. I took it and sipped, letting it scratch my throat a little. He reached for my hand and I let it sit in his and rested my head on his shoulder.

“Just a small town girl, livin’ in a lonely world” He sang softly, laughing a little towards the end. “She took the midnight train goin’ anywhere.”

I giggled to as I followed up, “Just a city boy, born and raised in South Detroit, he took the midnight train goin’ anywhere.” We laughed some more continuing with the song. Our heads moved from side to side, making the little sound effects, in between words.

“Didn’t know you could sing, Juliet,” I heard someone say as we were getting to the end. My head popped up to see Julian in the doorway, a wide smile in his face. I hopped up from the bed and went over to hug him.

“Hey” I laughed softly, embarrassed that he’d heard me and Joe.

“Hey, where’s the party?”

“Two doors down. I didn’t want them to ruin this place before you got here.” I smiled. “I’ll call and tell them to get over here. Just a warning though, they’re sort of…wild?”

“So this should be interesting then?” He smirked.
♠ ♠ ♠
EDIT: Word Count: 709
-That's embarrassing. Really...

This chapter is cut in half
this isthe half that I actually finished.
I apologize but I needed to get something out to let you know I won't be back until Saturday
I'm goin' out of town for Thanksgiving.
Hopefully as soon as I come back, I'll have an update ready.
In the meantime, comment on how you like it so far?

=)

-Treasure.<#