Status: Fixed errors, updating again. :)

Nevermind Me

What must we do to restore

“Do you want to talk about it?” Taylor asked me once we were inside my car, just sitting there. The concert had ended and although there were loads of people around, it was quiet inside the car. My hands sat on the steering wheel and I sighed, looking down.

“I’m sorry I didn’t tell you. I can tell that you know there’s…tension. I didn’t plan on seeing Joe tonight; so I was going to wait to talk, but I guess I kind of have to spill the beans now.” I chuckled dryly.

“You don’t have to right now…If you don’t want.” She said softly and I smiled in return. I felt bad, catching her up in my mess when all she wanted was a chance to see her idol. I huffed out a breath before picking my purse up and opening the door.

“Come with me.” I told her before getting out of the vehicle.

&&

Once I saw Nick standing beside the tour bus, throwing his hands around as he spoke and laughed, I gently grabbed hold of Taylor’s arm pulling her towards him. I put my finger to my lips to signal for her to be quiet, doing the same for the people around. Once I was close enough I got my fan voice ready.

“Oh. My. gawd! Is that Nick Jonas? Ahhh!” I squealed, making him whip around quickly, eyes wide with a mix of dread and surprise. I laughed and he glared at me.

“I’ll forgive you for that almost heart attack because I missed you so much, Jules.” He said before abruptly pulling me into a bone crushing hug. I tried to breathe out a laugh as we hugged tightly. When it ended, I heaved in a deep breath, getting ready to introduce.

“Oh, looks like you brought some lovely company. Hi, I’m Nick.” He beat me to it, smiling at Taylor and sticking out his hand for her. I watched in surprised silence.

Never had I seen Nicholas flirt. It was definitely a sight to watch as Taylor tried not to smile widely, connecting her hand with his in a handshake.

“How’d you manage to make friends, Jules?” He teased with a smile, looking my way after his and Taylor’s hands slipped away from each other.

“Art class after you left me to fend for myself.” I narrowed my eyes. “Unfortunately I am horrible at playing like nothing happened and she will be let in on my Joseph drama.”

Nick’s eyes widened. He quickly said goodbyes to everyone around and followed me to my car. I wondered why he seemed so worried.

“It’s really not that bad, Nick.” I told him as we pulled out of the lot after piling into my car.

“I guess, but Joe’s just been sort of…lovesick, if you will.”

“What do you mean?” I asked, confused. I snuck a glance at him from where he sat in the passenger seat; Taylor was in the back.

“Here, let’s get something to eat.” He motioned to a Pizza place to my right. Without question, I drew my blinker and turned, parking near the entrance. We got out silently, waiting to resume the talk.

There was no one inside; probably because it was midnight on a Tuesday night. The walls were a burgundy red and the lights were yellow, making the table sort of glow. We took a seat after we ordered two baskets of hot wings and fries, Taylor and I on one side of the booth, Nick on the other.

“You did amazing tonight, Nick. Really; I knew you had it in you.” I smiled, sipping my coke. He blushed.

“Thanks, Jules. ‘Amazing’ might be overdoing it though.”

“No, she’s right. The performance was great; it’s new to see you doing your own thing. And the music. I loved it so much.” Taylor said in an admiration filled confession. She realized what she’d said and her cheeks tinted.

“I mean, I’m no expert; it was my first concert and all. Just my opinion.” She mumbled.

“A good opinion. I agree 100 percent.” I encouraged.

“Thanks.” Nick said, smiling bashfully almost. “It means a lot to know you like it.”

She smiled and nodded and I wondered if either of the two would stop being so shy soon. It was cute, but they were so alike so I knew they’d be friends. If only they’d stop smiling.

Our food was delivered and I chose to start the conversation Nick had stopped in the car.

“Can you tell me what you mean by ‘Lovesick’?”

He knew exactly what I was talking about. As he finished chewing the fries he’d shoved in his mouth, Nick sighed.

“I mean, he’s already in love with you, Jules. But I’ve been talking to him everyday since I started touring and he always brings you up. But lately what he says has been getting more serious and more lengthy. It goes from talking about our days to talking about you.” He explained, watching for my reaction.

I really didn’t have much of one but to stare at him with my mouth partly open.

“He’s real upset, Jules.” Nick continued. “I mean, you know how you left things. He misses you. A lot.”

“Did you. Uh, did you date Joe?” Taylor asked. I felt bad because I knew she was confused. In less than twenty four hours, I’d gotten her in the middle of my mess. It wasn’t bad, but now she needed a full story. Somehow, I trusted her enough to let her in on it.

Nick looked at me skeptically, but I sighed and started in on the story of me and Joe, Taylor listened intently as she munched on fries along with Nick. I noticed the way her face fell when I got to the potentially sad parts. I felt somewhat better about telling the tale when she looked generally concerned. The only one I really had to listen to me was Nick and here was someone else, showing interest and concern in my life. It made me feel like less of a loner; Nick wouldn’t be the only one I could share my problems with. Taylor knew now; I wasn’t so isolated in this anymore.

“Sorry if this is like way more than you bargained for.” I apologized, looking at her anxiously.

“It’s way more, but in a completely good way. I’m glad you actually trust me enough with this.” She laughed lightly, Nick and I joining in.

“You haven’t given me a reason not to” I shrugged, happy.

She smiled in return. “I don’t think you should talk to Joe at the show. More like meet him somewhere since you guys have loads to speak about.”

“I agree.” Nick nodded.

“Well, what about at the show? How am I supposed to act?” I questioned, nervous although I wouldn’t see Joe until days later.

“Like he’s the guy who never fails to make you laugh or blush like a school girl.” Nick said and I threw a fry at him.

“Something like that.” Taylor laughed.

“We should have like a mini-plan.” Nick said, his inner spy aspirations coming into play. I saw Taylor’s eyes light up at his suggestion.

“Yeah! Three people making it can’t go wrong.” She agreed. I was object but then I realized this was probably best. I didn’t know what to say, how to act, or react to Joe. Even though I was enjoying the concert, when I felt Joe’s presence too close I shut down. Things were left so weird between that it’s hard to know how to act. But it shouldn’t be; Joe’s the one I can unravel with. At least he was. Thinking back to our quiet times on the bus where we were the only ones there filled my mind. My favorite time had to be Joe’s birthday.

Absentmindedly my hand came up to play with the matching necklace Joe had gotten me.

“You with us, Jules?” Nick asked. I blinked, nodding. “Great, because Taylor here has some nice theories for us to work with.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Time: 12:17 a.m
So this might be slightly suckish; but I really wanted to update. This scene was SO much better in my head though. =|
Word Count:1,355
-Yeah, that's not super impressive.

I wanted Taylor to get involved in the Pro-Joe team and wanted Nick to meet her already, haha. =)

In not so good news; my cousin had to deliver her baby early and it didn't make it. She had to go to the hospital yesterday because of some problems and tonight they took the baby out. It was due in the Summer, so my Aunt said it wasn't really matured. It was basically still a fetus; never even had a chance...

I don;t want to end this on a sad note, though.
Other news: I got a formspring & Author twitter; the links are on my profile. Please ask questions; it's the reason I got it.

And I don't know if I put up a link to my newest story. Writing Our Names In The Sky . Not only another fic, but another Joe fic. I know, I need to get withh that Nick-Quick. =)

Comments?
They're good to look at when I feel the need for inspiration.

-Treasure.<3