Status: Fixed errors, updating again. :)

Nevermind Me

For The Win

Today was the day I get to watch the boys play baseball. Yes, a Road Dogs game. Lovely, right? I sure think so. I love baseball games and being outside. The sun was out and I’m sure it was a hell of a lot worse in California. But here, it was pretty nice.

“Guess what?” Joe popped up in front of me right when I left the bathroom. Luckily, I didn’t jump out of my skin. I hated being surprised. Ironically, Joe lovedsurprises, especially the reactions of the surprises.

“What?” I asked, about to step around him.

“You’re playing with us today!” He screeched out and I stared at him. Apparently my reaction sucked because he sighed, taking me by my hand and into the lounge area.

“See?!” He held up a jersey and sure enough, my name was on the back.

“Wow. Seriously?” I touched the material and he nodded giddily. I smiled, admiring it my last name in blue letters across the back.

“So, we had Big Rob go and get you stuff to play in and everything. Mitt, bat, cleats, you name it. Get dressed so we can go out there and practice. It’s all in that Big 5 bag.” He waved and hurried of the bus. I smiled, not really knowing why. It wasn’t only because I was getting the chance to play. I think it might’ve been the fact that they were including me. I’d actually be a part of something; I’ve never really had that opportunity. I looked out the window and saw the boys joking around in the field. Laughing a bit to myself, I changed and climbed off to meet everyone outside.

“Juliet!” Joe called my name and I changed direction, jogging over to where he was. “Well check you out.” He joked and I rolled my eyes, smiling nonetheless. I wouldn’t admit it, but I really liked the way I looked in the uniform. Maybe it was official looking to me, but it was crisp and fresh and mine.

“Are we going to warm up?” I askedm watching as some people were grabbing mitts and some were in the shade.

“Yeah. Here.” He ran a few yards back and threw the ball to me. I could tell he was going soft, which was completely unnecessary. If I was good at one thing, it was sports. Not bragging, but I wasn’t too shabby at softball. Although I didn’t like attention too much in school, I played softball since the fourth grade for my school’s team. Tossing the ball in my hand a few times, I smirked and threw the ball full speed to show I wasn’t fragile.

“Damn” I heard him mutter, shaking his hand that caught the ball and saw everyone staring at me. That was the downside. I acted as if I didn’t notice the attention and stared at Joe while he checked out his hand.

“Don’t make the mistake of calling her a Barbie doll, no matter how pretty she is,” John Taylor chuckled, “She’s a threat.”

I blushed at his comment and me and Joe continued to practice. The drills switched up periodically and I noticed the fans started showing up so we went into the dug out.

“Here, Julie.” Nick called me over and I saw the little canister and the black smudge on his pinky. He took his finger and made lines of charcoal under my eyes. “There you go, now they’ll be scared of you.” He smiled and so did I, taking a swig of my water bottle.

“Think you’ll win?” I asked, sitting down on the bench.

“You mean we?” I smiled, nodding. “ I don’t know. We have you and it looks like you play better than Joe.”

“Does not!” Joe yelled out from somewhere behind us.

“Whatever you say.” Nick rolled his eyes, looking around me to speak to Joe.

“Okay, we’re ready to begin,” Mr. Jonas announced, coming into the dugout. He put the lineup and our positions on the wall so we could see them.

Road Dogs: Defense.

Nick- Shortstop

Joe- First Base

Garbo- Third

Lawless- Catcher

Christa- Center field

Kevin- Left field

Juliet- Second.

Ryan- Pitcher

Rob- Right field

Road Dogs.: Offense

Joe
Garbo
Juliet
Christa
Lawless
Kevin
Ryan
JT


“Wow you guys trust me enough to put me on base,” I muttered, blushing a bit.

“We see what you can do, Juliet” Mr. Jonas patted my shoulder and gave me a warm smile that I easily returned. “Now let’s go out there and do this! Road Dogs on three. One, two, three—”

“ROAD DOGS!” We cheered and ran out onto the field

&&

“We won!” Joe screamed and picked me up, carrying me around the field. I just laughed, not caring to fight back since he seemed so happy. As soon as the last run was scored(by me), the game was over and the Road Dogs took the game.

When I was put down we got in the line to do the handshakes and we ran the bases. I collapsed in the grass, breathing heavy with a smile on my face. That was reallyfun; the whole thing. I never knew just seeing that many people cheering you on could give such a rush. They cheered continuously, especially when Joe decided to be a tease and lifted his shirt to get some air. If I happened to glance that way, I rolled my eyes and turned back to the game. Luckily, his body’s athletic appearance only captured the fans. Oh, and Valerie.

“C’mon you guys, we have to get in the bus to leave.” Mrs. Jonas came over to where a few of us where sprawled on the cool grass. It was like a chain reaction, each of us groaned; I got up helping Joe up who helped Nick up who helped Garbo up who just fell back down.

“I call first in the shower” I said, walking back to the bus.

“Second.” Nick chirped and everyone else called their times. Since we were spending one night in a hotel, we all piled into four rooms. The guys and me and Valerie in one, My mom and a few of the female musicians in another, and the Jonas Parents plus Frankie, followed by the band.

&&

I hate Joe. And right now I mean it. The jerk tried to cheat me out of the shower! As soon we got to the hotel he booked it to the room and I followed right behind, realizing he was going to steal the shower. A second slower and I wouldn’t have made it. Thank you, long legs of mine.

The unlucky side of getting in there first was the rush I was in so I didn’t bring my clothes inside. So there I sat on the edge of the tub, my hair dripping and a towel clutched to my body. Thanks a million, Joe.

“Juuullliiieett” Joe drew out in a whine. “Get out.” With a deep sigh I stood up and opened the door.

“Where are your clothes?” Kevin asked me, looking at me confused. Is he serious?

“Joe tried to steal the shower so I had to hurry in. And I didn’t have the time to grab my clothes.”

“Oh, Sorry.” He apologized, but I saw the him try not to laugh as he diverted his attention to his phone.

“I’m not.” I heard Joe mutter and turned to him with a scowl while he smirked to himself. I received a wink before he shut the door, only making me want to hit him more.

&&

Running to get Joe’s guitar wasn’t what I considered fun, butut I laughed anyway and sprinted away backstage to get it. I didn’t really think about why he needed since he didn’t really use a guitar in shows. Oh well, there was a reason I guess. And then on the flip side, it’s not like it really mattered; he was a musician, why can’t he have a guitar?

I found the Gibson he was talking about and ran with it out to the stage before one of the stage crew called my name.

“Joe says to bring it out to him, go that way.” He pointed me in a direction and I followed the direction out to where the concert was going on. There was a ramp a security guy was motioning me to come over to. What the hell is going on? I didn’t want to go up on stage just to give Joe his guitar. The security could hand it to him for Pete’s sake!

“There she is!” Joe spotted me as the security guard practically had to shove me onto the stage.

“What are you doing!” I harshly whispered to him but he just winked at me, taking the guitar and giving it to someone else. So much for needingit. I wanted to kick him right now but thought better of it. These girls would most likely hurt me and it looked like there were a gazillion stacked into this arena.

“Does anybody recognize this girl?” He took me under his arm, his big sweatyarm, and got a few screams in response. “Well ladies and gentleman, this right here is Juliet Monroe. She’s nineteen, likes reading in her bunk and long walks on the beach. Also, puppies are her favorite.” Joe said sounding like some T.V. announcer and I just tried to stay calm, tapping my foot and biting my lip nervously. All eyes were on us and my face felt very hot. Yeah, I was positive he was aware of how meek I could be, so whywas I up here on display?

“Anywhoo. This young lady helped us rock at the game today. She is now a permanent member of the Road Dogs. Can we get a round of applause!?” I heard the cheers and hid my face in Joe’s shoulder in embarassment. We couldn’t announce this on a Youtube video or anything? This was too much for me.

“I’m going to get you back.” I muttered and I felt him chuckle.

“I doubt it. You should be thanking me, you are now cool because you hang out with Joe Jonas, Lady.”

“Screw you.”

“No dirty talk.” People were still cheering while we had our little exchange, so I kept hidden.

“Just watch, Joe.” I whispered before quickly walking off stage and meekly waving to those who called my name in the crowd.
♠ ♠ ♠
EDIT: Word Count: 1,762

getting better?.
i hope you like it, i'm trying to give each of these two stories focus and i'm sorta kinda stuck on Let's Get Reckless's new chapter. ideas?
comment?.