A Wolf's Bound Spirit

2 - The Hunt

I was shell-shocked to the floor, 'but...but....'

'There is no buts WhiteWings, the whole wolf race is in danger of being tamed, killed and beatened because some stupid human has a technique that could kill us all. We must start thinking logically as to how we are going to keep evading these... people and how we are going to be able to over throw them,' My father's voice was as cold as the winter's night.

I could tell he was angry but i didn't know why he would focus it at me... maybe its because i could change into a human and walk and talk like them maybe he thought i was sticking up for them in way, i sighed and bowed my head, my thoughts stirred by the actual thought of being tame, what would happen to me if i was caught...

I shivered at the thought and pushed it aside.

My mother stood up and walked out of the den, my brothers and sisters following her, my father got up and walked out as well.

Soon it was just me and the... well what i thought were the elders were informants, i sighed again and stood up to go, but a grey wolf stood up blocking my path, I growled.

'WhiteWings calm, we never told your father this, but if they got their hands on you they wil be thrilled and try and make you join their ranks, like you work with them AGAINST us. An as we see it you can see their way, you have energy that you can use into what they call magic, be careful, you are a prize,' grey wolf said.

A Brown wolf joined in, 'they might also try and BREED you.'

I shivered violently, a Red wolf looked at me and then stood up turning to leave, 'be careful White Wings for this pack may loath you but you are more valuable than this pack itself.'

I tilted my head thinking as they walked out of the den and i alid down with my head in my paws little confused.

It was just about Sunset that i got up and walked out my brothers and sisters were just coming back from the waterfall as the water shimmered on their coats.

I sighed i was always the odd one out, my father and mother looked up at them as they were sleeping under a tree, and the words of red wolf spoke in my head.

"This pack may loath you but you are more valuable than this pack itself"

I shivered and looked up, i would go hunting, i always went hunting alone.

I got up and padded off into the forest my ears seeking for any noise or anything moving about.

Just as i was about to give up a twig snapped and i slowed down to a crawl looking through a bush and seeing a lone deer eating at the grass.

I licked my muzzled and lowered myself to the ground, and watched the animal, one. more. step. i thought to myself.

It took that last step and i launched myself at it and instead of a soft pelt of fur my body collided with nothing and i landed to the ground confused, slowly i stood up and began to walk away before a black light surrounded me, making movement impossible.

I whined and tried to move again, but i couldn't so i decided to change to my human form, my long silver hair cascaded down my back and i was naked, i still couldn't move so i changed back to wolf and waited for it to wear off.

A figure came into view an i looked at it, it was a man that had black hair and his eyes were shadowed and he knelt down in front of me, his hand reached out and grasped my muzzle, i winced at the unfamiliar touch.

I then began to feel tired and if it wasn't for the light i would have collasped as my eyes slid closed and i slept...
♠ ♠ ♠
subcriptions? comments?