The New Beginning

Break In

He brushed his jeans off and looked up at the round hotel. I picked up my bag and put my raw hands into my pockets.

"Okay MCR, where are you guys hiding?" he said as if asking the hotel. I walked past him and into the hotel. We were stopped by hotel security.

"And just where do you think you're going?" asked one as he crossed his arms. I looked past him to see if I could see Marcy or my uncle talking to security or something.

"To our room," the guy said as he put an arm around me.

"This is my sister, we got lost and need to get back up to our room before our parents call the police or sue the hotel or something," he said.

I froze. His arm was over me. Me, Roxy, me! I looked down at my toes.

"Can I see some proof that you guys are guests here?" he asked.

I felt the guy stiffen. He didn't think they would ask him this.

"Well uh, you see the thing uh-" he stumbled.

"My- I mean our uncle is in our room right now. You can call him. I don't know what room he's in because we got thrown out with that mob," I said. I had to be careful not to say to much or the guy might not like me for me, but because I knew the guys.

"His name is Steve, and his wife is Marcy. Go check the computers to see what room we have," I said as I pointed towards the computers. Marcy and my uncle married, that would be the most unromantic relationship of them all.

The guard looked over at the other guard. He shrugged.

"Okay, but if I get any complaints from guests, I'm gonna through you guys out myself," he said as he let us past the welcome mat.

"Thank you officer, you're a true hero, who else could support local donut shops?" he said so confidently. The cop's mouth dropped but he didn't say anything. Ryan turned to me.

"Thanks." he whispered.

"Bye the way, I'm Ryan." he said as we walked to the desk.

"Roxy," I said as I waited for the lady at the desk to finish her phone call.

"Can I help you?" she asked suspiciously.

"Yeah, I'm Roxanne Olivander and I need to know what room I'm in," I said quietly. I looked over my shoulder, Ryan was looking everywhere but my direction.

"Oh of course Miss Olivander!" she said as she began to type something into the computer. Ryan came back over to the desk.

"Okay, you're in room 752," she said as she handed me a room key.

"Enjoy you're stay," she said and flashed me a smile. I began to walk quickly to the elevators.

"Hey wait!" Ryan called. I ignored him and pressed the button on the elevator to go up. He ran over to me and stepped in front of me.

"I thought we had a deal," he said smoothly as he tucked his bangs behind his ear. Oh god he had such beautiful eyes.

"I changed my mind," I said as I looked over at the elevator sign.

"Well, can I at least come up to your room to see if there on that floor?" he asked sincerely.

"Uh no I'm sorry I wish you could though," I said. Oh boy, was that last sentence true. But I don't want this guy to like me just for knowing MCR.

"Oh, come on!?!" he begged

"I'm sorry," I said quietly as the elevator doors opened. I stepped inside. He held the elevator doors open by leaning his hand against them.

"I wont let go until you say yes," he said. Wow what a flirt, but it was working. I saw a few guards eying us. He looked over too.

"Say yes or we both get kicked out," he whispered. I looked up at him. He had a playful smile on his face.

"You wouldn't!" I said. The cop began to walk toward us.

"Hey you two!" he called. I had to think fast. If I let him come up he might find out, but if I don't I'll get kicked out again.

"Get in!" I said as I pulled his shirt towards me.

"I said stop!" yelled the guard. I quickly pressed the five button.

"Oh shit!" said Ryan as he and I began pushing the "close elevator door now before the guard gets us!" button frantically. Slowly the doors began to close. We both laughed as the guard tried to get to us in time.

The doors closed and we began to go up. We waved 'hi' to the guard as the elevator went up.

"That was fun!" Ryan laughed as the elevator started dinging at each floor it passed. I smiled and nodded still waving at the guard.

The door opened to floor five. Ryan stepped out. I pretended to grab my bag.

"I think it's down there," I said pointing to the direction around the corner. Ryan began to walk that way. I pushed the seven button and the "Hurry and close the damn elevator doors before the hot guy come back in and finds out my secret! button as fast as my finger would let me.

"Hey wait a-." he said as he turned around and tried to catch the doors from closing.

"I'm so sorry!" I mouthed to him. And I really was. I just couldn't have him find out my secret, at least not now that is.

The doors opened to my floor and I ran out looking for my room before he found out the elevator went up only two more floors. I began looking for my room frantically. I finally found it and whipped out my key.

"Roxy! Wait!" I could hear Ryan yell. I tried to shove the key into the little slot.

I heard someone walk up on the other side of me. I turned around. It was Gerard. Okay, now I know the world hates me.