The New Beginning

Wake Up Call

I didn't wake up until the next morning. I was in extreme pain.

Even more wires were coming out of me. My legs and torso were all bandaged up, and a red tube was in my arm. I followed the tube with my eyes, it was coming from a red bag. Blood. I had lost that much I guess. I slowly sat up and starred around the room. It was covered in balloons, flowers, cards, and teddy bears. Who had sent all this to me?

A card was laying next to my side. With the arm that had the blood being pumped into it, I picked it up and opened it.

"Roxy,

None of us could believe what you did to save Gerard and yourself. You're a brave person to go through a tragedy like this again. We all love you, get well soon.

Ray, Frank, Bob, Mikey"

I smiled and put the card back down. I looked around the rest of the room and read any cards or balloons, that I could reach. So where from the guys, some were from fans thanking me for saving Gerard.

But what about Gerard? Where was he? I looked to the door, it was closed, through the little window I could see nurses and doctors running around. I tried to put my feet on the ground. I shrieked, they hurt so much. Bu TI wanted to know what had happened to him.

I grabbed hold of the stand that held the bags of medicine being pumped into me. I leaned against it and slowly made my way to the door. It hurt to grasp the door handle. As I turned it and made a face from the pain someone pushed the door back.

It surprised me so i fell back, landing on my back to see who had opened the door.

"Oh shit I'm so sorry Rox!" I heard Mikey's voice. I smiled over t him. He smiled down at me and helped me up. It hurt for him to help me up, and hug me. But I didn't care, because honestly, there was a point in that car I thought I would never get to hug, or see any of them again.

"Doesn't that hurt?" he asked me.

"No, I just like to make faces and shriek from pain every time I take a step," I said. He chuckled and went out of the room. He came back with a wheel chair. I sat in it.

"Where's Gee?" I asked nervously. I didn't get an answer as Mikey wheeled me down the hall.

I looked eagerly in each room. But none had that figure I was so used to seeing laying in that hospital bed.

"Mikey, please tell me," I asked him. Still no answer. Finally we turned down into a room. Their had been curtains surrounding the bed. Mikey put the wheel chair as close to the curtains as possible but it wasn't close enough fro me.

I stood up and threw back the curtains.

Gerard, all bandaged up, tubes coming out of him, a big cut that was stitched on the side of his head was laying on the bed. I looked up and it wasn't until then I realized, everyone was there. I looked back down at him. It looked nothing how he regularly slept, he would usually be spread out all over the place.

I could hear his steady heart beats from the machines. It reminded me of the "Welcome To The lack Parade." music video. I put my hand over his, it was warm. Had he waken up before? r was he in-- a--. I couldn't think about it.

"Has he waken up be-" I was cut off from the grim faces of everyone that he hadn't waken up even once.

"The doctors said he could be in, in,-" Franky sighed.

"A coma," he finally managed to choke out. I could feel my eyes well up. Gerard, the only person who could make me smile, laugh, and cry.

I shook his hand.

"C'mon Gerard, open our eyes," I whispered next to him. A tear landed on his arm.

"Just say something, anything," I begged. Still no answer. I began to cry even more. I put my head down on his arm, taking in his smell, but it didn't smell like him. It smelt like hospital. I sobbed on his arm and put anther arm around his middle.

"C'mon Gerard. Just say something, anything, call me an idiot, fight with Mikey, say something funny, just say something," I sobbed onto his arm. Nothing.

I put my head back down on his arm and continued to cry. I heard a faint whisper sound come from him. I threw my head up and looked over to him.

"Y m seh weet," It sounded like. I came up close to his face.

"Gerard?" I whispered.

"My arm is wet," he said as he opened hi eyes and smiled at me. I smiled and laughed as Gerard began to laugh as well. The other guys didn't hear what he had said to me so they were all confused, but happy and rushed t Gerard's side.

They couldn't think of anything to say so they just starred at us with confused looks. That made me a Gerard laugh harder.

"Gee?" I asked. he smiled and looked up to me.

"Next time, I drive," He smiled and shook his head. Gerard, ladies and gentlemen, is back.