Status: Writing...very slowly!

It's A Long Time Coming And A Twelve Round Fight

Well I Guess I'm Just A Modern Day Prodigal Son

"Sammy, you ready?" Izzy hissed as she arrived at Sammys' room.

"Just a second," Sammy hissed back, as he shoved a silver locket into a pocket of his pants, "Okay let's go,"

Izzy quickly took Sammy by the hand and led him to the entrance to the tunnels. "Wait here a second. I want to make sure it's safe,"

"Izzy-," Sammy started, impatiently.

"I know," Izzy cut Sammy off quickly. "I know you probably saw that there's nobody there. But for my sake...let me look,"

"Fine," Sammy crossed his arms impatiently, as he waited for Izzy to come back.

"There's no one there," Izzy said, coming back a few minutes later. I could have told you that, Sammy thought darkly.

"Okay let's go," Sammy said as he climbed out of the tunnels, followed closely by Izzy.. "This way, quick," Sammy whispered as he yanked Izzy to their right towards the Dead Woods.

"T-the Dead Woods?" Izzy asked sounding unsure of herself. "You know they're haunted right?"

"No time for that. The soldiers are almost here,"

"But-" Izzy started as Sammy pushed her once again.

"Come on!" Sammy hissed. "You're either coming or I'll go in there myself!"

They stopped suddenly, when they heard the sounds of many men, grumbling unhappily. "Okay, let's go," Izzy whispered quickly, trying to keep her voice from cracking. Both of them quickly ran into the woods as the soldiers marched over the hill.

Izzy stopped running for a second to see the soldiers get their orders, then begin to destroy what had used to be their home. "Izzy, come on!" Sammy urged as he began to pull her away from the tunnels

**********************************************************************

Nikki looked around at the vast wasteland that separated the rebels from the king and his kingdom. I could be hanging out with Robby right now, she scolded herself. It's just another typical day around here!

"Nikki!" one of the other watchers exclaimed as they pointed towards a huge dust cloud. "What is it?"

"Well, it's not a dust storm that's for certain," Nikki said as she surveyed the scene. Then her eyes went wide when she realized what it was. "That bastard,"

"What is it?" another watcher asked, coming over to have a look.

"They're destroying our old hideout," Nikki nearly shrieked in rage. Realization showed up on every persons face that was in the watch tower. The king was on the move.

"What should we do?" another person asked.

Nikki took a deep breath to help calm her nerves, "Nothing...we do nothing. We don't know his real motives yet,"

"Don't we have-" someone started.

"They should be here tomorrow," she cut the person off. They all nodded their heads then went back to their posts. Nikki continued to stare out in the direction of their old hideout.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

"Robby come play with us," a couple of the younger kids called.

"What're you playing?" Robby asked, walking towards the kids.

"Guards and Thieves," one of the kids replied. "I'm a thief,"

All of the kids shouted out what they were. Robby laughed quietly, "No I'm afraid I'm busy,"

"Oh," all of the kids looked at the ground, dejectedly.

"But I'll play with you as soon as I'm done, okay?"

"Okay!" the kids replied, bouncing back to their previous happy mood. Then they all raced off to play, as Robby made his way to the top of the caves. He gasped when he reached the top. In front of him was a huge dust cloud, coming from the direction of their old hideout.

####################################################
"Sire!" yelled a guard as two more brought in a man who was handcuffed and badly beaten.

"What is it now?" the king asked, broadly.

"We found one of th erebels spys exiting your bed chambers,"

The king looked the man up and down. "And what...were you doing in my bed chamber? Hmm?" the king prodded when the man didn't answer him. "Could it be that you were trying to find important documents? Or could it be that you were trying to find a good spot to hide assassins to finish me off?"

The rebel spy just stood there, awaiting his fate. The king losing patience backhanded him. The man grunted, but still refused to say anything. "Take him to the dungeons!" the king spat, as he turned away from them.

"Yes sir," the guards saluted as they began to drag the man out.

"You won't get me to tell you anything," the man finally said, right before he was taken out into the hallway.

"Oh, I will," the king said quietly. "Sometimes it just takes a little forceful convincing,"
♠ ♠ ♠
Ahhh! Storms make my wrist hurt!

Okay well besides that I hope you enjoy this chapter. It took me forever to write. Damn hormones. Well besides that...nope already said it...nevermind. Hopefully you enjoyed it tho.