Hallucinations of a Dark Past

Chapter Six

Blaze sat on the couch in her living room next to one of the arm rests. She and Leah had been sitting around the house all day, absolutely nothing to do, so they decided to pop in a few DVDs and have a movie-marathon. They had already watched Shaun of the Dead, Black Sheep, and Scary Movie 2. The current movie, Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back, was paused and Leah was making another bowl of popcorn for the two.

"Blaze, do you want some more kool-aid?" Leah called from the kitchen.
Blaze got up from her comfy spot on the sofa and skipped to the kitchen to help her aunt. "Hummm. . . Yeah, do we have anymore red kind?"
"Of course, that's your favorite kind, silly." Leah smiled and looked sideways at Blaze from the refrigerator.
The young girl sighed, Leah immediately noticed and looked up from her search for kool-aid. "What're you thinking about, dear?"
"Oh. . ." Blaze trailed off and looked at the tiled floor as her face turned pink, "What does it mean when you get an electric shock from someone's touch?" She wondered quietly as she remembered how she had felt when Dr. Campbell shook her hand.
"Like static energy?"
"No. . . Like . . . It's like magic, it flows from the point of contact all through your body and to your heart. Then your lungs stop their intake of air, and your heart quits beating for a major few seconds." She looked up to meet her aunt's crazy smile.
"That's a symptom of lust my child." Leah walked over and hugged Blaze over the shoulder. "Why? Who did you get this feeling from?" She seemed so interested, but Blaze couldn't tell her aunt she was in lust with a doctor! That's, as ironic as it sounds, unhealthy! She quickly lied and answered by saying a boy at school, it seemed to satisfy Leah. They sat back down and pressed play on the DVD remote.

"Come on man, just say it. You can always tell that stupid Amy story, but you can never say 'I disagree' or 'Hey man, those are some good cheese fries'."
<<Bob signs.>>
"Just spit it out!"
"THE SIGN! ON THE BACK OF THE CAR! SAID 'CRITTERS OF HOLLYWOOD'! YOU DUMB FUCK!"


Blaze fell onto the floor in a fit of hysteric laughter. That was her favorite part of the movie and she did the same thing every single time she watched it. Leah even let out a few laughs, she didn't care for this movie too much, but Blaze's reaction was so cute and she loved it when she laughed.