Status: this story is active. i update weekly... usually :] please subscribe.

Why Aren't You Humming Hallelujah?

Something Isn't Right, My Friend

Patrick’s POV

“Haha. That was a really funny joke, Eric.” Eric and I had become really good friends by the second day of the train ride. He made me feel happier than I am used to, and I liked it. I sometimes felt like I was flirting with him. But I don’t think I am gay. I don’t really know what I am. I just kind of follow my heart. (Cheesy, I know.)

“I try.” He gave me another one of his dazzling smiles. I then remembered that I was supposed to check my email to see if my mom had sent me a message, which is very possible.

“Hey, can I borrow your laptop? I need to check my email.”

“Do you need to send something to your girlfriend?” he said with a chuckle.

“Ah, no; my mom. I don't have a girlfriend.” I laughed with him.

“Oh. Moms can be a pain.”

“Ha, yea they can.”

He slid his laptop over to me and I logged onto AOL. Surprisingly my mom hadn’t sent me an email. Maybe she finally took my advice and went out to have some fun. Good for her.

“Well what did she say?”

“Uh… She actually sent nothing. That’s kind of odd. Haha.”

He didn’t say anything. He just stared at me and didn’t say anything. Normally this would be really awkward for me, but I felt a special feeling in the pit of my stomach as his eyes met mine. Oh god, I love his blue eyes. He continued to stare at me for another moment and then said, “I’m gay.”

“What?” Did he just say what I think he just said?

“I am gay. Do you have a problem with that?”

“Uh…” Come on, don’t mess up this friendship. “No I don’t mind at all. I just wasn’t expecting you to blurt out something so random.”

“Oh it’s okay. I just wanted you to know, so if you wanted to leave it wouldn’t matter too much because we haven’t become very close yet.”

I thought we had become close. Somehow this hurt me a little bit. “Oh okay. Well I don’t want to leave. I like being friends with you.”

His face brightened and he leaned forward and gave me a brief hug. I awkwardly hugged back.

“Good because I like being friends with you, too.” We shared a laugh and then I said that I had to go call some friends to let them know that I was doing okay. I didn’t really have to go, but I wanted to get away from the awkward conversation.

“Okay well see you later then, Patrick.” He flashed me an amazing smile and waved. He then opened his laptop and I scooted out of the booth and started toward my little room.

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

Pete’s POV

You couldn’t feel more like shit than I do right now. It broke my heart to leave Lauren so distraught back there. But I really needed to do something for myself. I should be getting the tickets tomorrow and then leaving in two days. Since I don’t really have to pack yet, I don’t have anything to do with myself.

Buzzzz Buzzzzz

Oh look a text message. How exciting.

Joe: Hey do you want to hang out tonight?

Well it is something to do. I really need to get out of this house.

Pete: Hell, why not.

Joe: Meet me at the bar at 8:30.

I knew exactly what bar he was talking about. That strip bar he drags me to when he feels I need some cheering up. Little does he know that I just sneak out while he is getting drunk and paying a whore to give him a lap dance. But it made him happy when I go with him, so I will go for him. This is going to be one of my last nights here in shitville, so I might as well have some fun. A strip bar is a great place to do so. Well at least I hope.

Pete: Okay. See you then.

I threw my phone onto the couch next to me and got up. I don’t even know why I would bother to take a shower to go to a place like this.

Once I was in the bathroom a stripped and stepped into the bathroom. I turned on the water and made it really hot. I didn’t so anything for a while; I just sat there and let the water pour over me while I thought for a little while. What the hell am I even going to do there? I don’t even have somewhere to go! What was I thinking.

I finished washing up and stepped back out of the shower and grabbed a towel to wrap around me. I was just out of the bathroom when the doorbell rang. I realized that it was probably someone I didn’t want to talk to so there was no reason to grab my robe. I slowly walked down the stairs hoping who ever it was would just leave, but they didn’t. All they did was ring the door bell over and over again until I finally reached the door. To my surprise, it was Joe.

“Hey, what do you want? I thought I was going to meet you at the club.”

“Well I forgot that you wouldn’t know what kind of club I was going to.”

“Of course I know what club we are going to. You were going to drag me into that dirty strip club that you know I hate.”

Joe didn’t respond. All he did was keep staring at me; well more he was staring at my body. I immediately wished that I had grabbed my robe.

“Earth to Joe?” I said, waving my hand in front of his face. He stepped back finally looking at my face.

“Oh sorry. Hey can I come in? I need to tell you something.”

“Oh okay,” I mumbled stepping to the side so he could walk in. He walked over to my couch and sat down and I joined him. He didn’t say anything for a while. He just sat there staring at his hands for about ten minutes while I stared at mine. Eventually he looked up at me, but he still didn’t say anything. I really wanted to know what he was thinking. All of this silence was annoying the hell out of me so I finally said, “Joe what is it already. I don’t have all day.”

He still didn’t say anything. I just gave up and slid back on the couch.

“Pete?” I looked over at him. The next thing I knew his lips were crashing against mine. WHAT THE FUCK?

I pushed him off of me and he fell of the couch and onto the floor. “What the hell, Joe?”

“Uh… I am so sorry. I don’t know what came over me.”

“I want to know what this is all about. You make me sit here for and hour and then you try to make out with me?”

“Well this is the reason I came over. I wanted to tell you…” he looked down for a moment, “that I am gay.”

I almost smacked my palm against my forehead. “Are you serious? That’s it? That is all you wanted to tell me? You made me sit here for all of that just to tell me that you are gay?”

“I thought you might be mad.”

“Oh and kissing me wouldn’t get me mad?”

“I didn’t know what else to do. You just looked so hot without your shirt on and I became an animal. I am so sorry. I’ll leave if you want me too.” Joe got up and started walk to the door. “Oh yea, and I was going to go to a gay bar, and I wanted to tell you that you probably didn’t want to go because someone as hot as you might be raped in a place like that.”

I couldn’t help but chuckle at this. “Oh thanks for saving me from being raped by a ton of guys. And just so you know I don’t care that you are gay. You are still my friend. You should’ve just told me.”

“Sorry.”

“It’s okay.” I joined him over by the door. “Never kiss me again by the way. I don’t roll like that.”

“Haha okay, I’ll remember for the next time.” He stopped and then corrected himself. “Well there will never be a next time so…. Yeah…” We laughed and then I opened the door for him. “Are you sure you don’t want to go to the club with me? We can go to the other one if you want.”

“No it’s really okay. I never liked that club anyways. I think I will just stay here and watch a movie or something. Maybe we can hang out tomorrow if you want.”

“Okay. Talk to you tomorrow then. Bye.” He waved and then turned on his heel. He almost skipped to his car and drove away.

I closed the door and walked back over to the couch. I lay down on my side facing the inside. I closed my eyes and fell into a deep sleep just so I didn’t have to think about my bad decision of going to somewhere where I know nobody and nobody knows me.

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-
Patrick’s POV

I was lying in my bunk staring up at the gray ceiling. Usually when I was feeling like this I would play my drums not caring about anything else in the world except for the music, but I couldn’t do that here. I could attempt at writing some lyrics, but I don’t really have the inspiration. I decided that I would try to catch up with Molly. Maybe she will keep me company until I was bored enough to go to bed.

I sat up on the small bed and reached over for my laptop. I opened it and signed on. I had barely been on for ten seconds when I saw a small window pop up on the screen.

good_golly_molly: Hey there!

patrickdrums1: Hi. :)

good_golly_molly: How are you doing? Is the train ride okay so far?

patrickdrums1: I am good. And everything is going fine so far.

patrickdrums1: I made a friend.

good_golly_molly: OMG no way!! I am happy for you. :)

patrickdrums1: Thanks.

She didn’t respond for a few minutes. This was odd because usually she is a little chatter bug that just keeps talking. I decided that I should say something first for a change.

patrickdrums1: So how are things without me back at home?

Usually she would reply right away, but this time it took a few minutes for her to say something.

good_golly_molly: Oh… well I miss you a lot.

Nothing about how she is lonely or how she wished I was there.

patrickdrums1: I miss you too.

patrickdrums1: Hey is this a bad time to be talking?

good_golly_molly: Actually it kind of is. Can we talk tomorrow?

good_golly_molly has signed off.

WHAT? She didn’t even wait for me to respond? Hmm, something is up with her. She isn’t her normal self. Oh well I will worry about that tomorrow. Right now I think I am going to get some shut-eye.

patrickdrums1 has signed off.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is a long one since I haven't updated in a while.

Please comment. I am serious about getting to 30 comments. I will not update without 30 comments.
subscriptions are loved as well

and this story now has 2 stars! that all because of you guys! keep up the great work and COMMENT. thanks a ton

love and so long,
gigi. :]